Rank 1 Gamer Thoughts on Bannerlord PvP

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all you're advertising yourself, doesen't this break the forum rules?

1.8 Advertisement & Impersonation
Using the forums primarily as a way to advertise products and organisations unrelated to our company or our games is prohibited.

Maybe your primary intent wasn't to advertise yourself but I mean all that **** your wrote seems to be just that with a link to your twitch at the bottom.

Might be wrong tho.

That is CRPG

Blocking in BL doesn't really matter.
Plus you are not allowed to fight 6 people at the same time around you then block all of their attacks.
But CRPG did encourage it.
Wait for CRPG2 pls.

okay but this is exactly what im talking about. the fact that top players can't 1v6 is an issue. they SHOULD be able to 1v6.

if the game skillcap went up, and u put 1 guy vs 6, and all of them are the same "class" have the same abilities and so on, and that 1 guy manages to 1v6, it means there is visible skillcap. but we all know he's gonna kill 2 before he gets wack-a-moled to death.

if they enabled skillpoint customization, choosing weapons (even blacksmitting your weapon of voice in pvp, like enable all in-game blueprints etc), let you choose armor etc, that's when "metas" would begin to show up, and to be entirely honest i don't think "metas" are a bad thing at all. because bannerlrod has soo much variety, i feel it would even give the game a boost that it hasn't seen before.

i would be willing to argue that top league /top competitive that participate in tournaments etc, would appreciate and welcome such update that enables character /class customization in pvp. just from my experiencing being a top gamer.

First of all you're advertising yourself, doesen't this break the forum rules?

1.8 Advertisement & Impersonation
Using the forums primarily as a way to advertise products and organisations unrelated to our company or our games is prohibited.

Maybe your primary intent wasn't to advertise yourself but I mean all that **** your wrote seems to be just that with a link to your twitch at the bottom.

Might be wrong tho.

right because i'd be checking this threat daily... i left my info so if a dev came by, and liked the feedback, they could contact me ....

i actually have had an impact in World of Warcraft Rated Battlegrounds PvP, Sea of Thieves PvP, and Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition, all 3 games in which i am an Insider, get to play , and give my feedback; I've written essays to developers and I am happy to say that I have seen my feedback being taken well and have seen changes in various games because of my feedback. is one of the things i enjoy doing as a gamer, and Mount and Blade Bannerlord has soo much potential beyond what you can think of, so yes, i took interest in case any of the devs wanted to further discuss.

I was a AOE2: Definitive edition / AOE3: Definitive edition insider, i think they should get my feedback and GET A GOOD CLASS SYSTEM FOR CUSTOM SERVERS

Thanks for listening to my feedback xxxxx

This Rodlimitless guy just noticed how bad bannerlord is after 30 hours....yet TW and some players still dont get it.....

i dont even know why you guys are still talking about "competitive" gameplay in bannerlord since there is none.....

I gues if Rodlimitless want to play a proper combat system he needs to go to Warband and play Matchmaking or Merc, but since he is from NA even that might be hard
Yes, i've noticed how NA doesn't have as many players as EU.

Tbh, if I were them, I'd literally hire keen marketing people to boost sales and attract a larger NA playerbase. heck, if they need someone, I literally have a best buddy of mine who's Turkish, he's currently in NY. great marketting guy, and he travels a lot between NY, Germany, and Turkey. I'm sure he could literally rack up 10x more population of NA players to get the game .

The thing though, is they really need to beef up the competitive scenery for players to stick around

right because i'd be checking this threat daily... i left my info so if a dev came by, and liked the feedback, they could contact me ....

i actually have had an impact in World of Warcraft Rated Battlegrounds PvP, Sea of Thieves PvP, and Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition, all 3 games in which i am an Insider, get to play , and give my feedback; I've written essays to developers and I am happy to say that I have seen my feedback being taken well and have seen changes in various games because of my feedback. is one of the things i enjoy doing as a gamer, and Mount and Blade Bannerlord has soo much potential beyond what you can think of, so yes, i took interest in case any of the devs wanted to further discuss.

I'm literally not questioning your credentials at all. Also dont patronize me saying " Mount and Blade Bannerlord has soo much potential beyond what you can think of" implying that your understanding is so much greater than mine.

You've literally no clue of who I am and what I understand about gaming and e-sports.

You just went on writing about alot of stuff I never asked about for no reason at all. Rules are rules and I just wanted to clear that out, everyone here have to follow them, yes even you level 900000000+ gamer.

Yes, i've noticed how NA doesn't have as many players as EU.

Tbh, if I were them, I'd literally hire keen marketing people to boost sales and attract a larger NA playerbase. heck, if they need someone, I literally have a best buddy of mine who's Turkish, he's currently in NY. great marketting guy, and he travels a lot between NY, Germany, and Turkey. I'm sure he could literally rack up 10x more population of NA players to get the game .

The thing though, is they really need to beef up the competitive scenery for players to stick around
No one cares about competitive, if you played warband you would know, but since you didn't it's understandable.

Competitive is cared by a small minority in the already small multiplayer that mount and blade is as opposed to singleplayer

Did he? Looks to me what seems to be the norm with Bannerlord, new players love the game, even with it's issues.

I loved single player. If i had to rank single player, i'd give it a 9/10. and that 9/10 is only because of few "baseline" bugs i had to get mods for, such as blacksmitthing stamina, multi crafting keybinds, and NPCs not reproducing, and having to get addons to give me the option of not aging.

Multiplayer, however, i'd give it a 2/10 :sad: And i cannot stress enough, how much it breaks my heart, when it's such a disperity.

the same has happened in other games where the PvP is great but the PvE is horrid. In bannerlord, if they just showed a tiny lil bitty more love to the pvp, ooof i'd uninstall so many other games just to commit a little more to bannerlord itself.

okay but this is exactly what im talking about. the fact that top players can't 1v6 is an issue. they SHOULD be able to 1v6.
Let me stop you right there. That's some next level bull****. If a group of 6 players smashes onto 1 person that person is supposed to be losing.
Lemme just take some of the most successful competitive games there are: LoL and CS:GO
Can you 1v5 in those? yeah.
Does it realistically ever happen in a competitive environment? Hell no.
Same applies to Bannerlord.
If Apriko or some other top player goes up against 6 guys who just got the game... he'll rek their asses. Not even questioning that.
If Apriko, however, is playing against an organized team (doesn't really matter that much what skill level they got individually) he will maybe take down a few and then die.
That's good. That makes teamwork worth something

Let me stop you right there. That's some next level bull****. If a group of 6 players smashes onto 1 person that person is supposed to be losing.
Lemme just take some of the most successful competitive games there are: LoL and CS:GO
If Apriko or some other top player goes up against 6 guys who just got the game... he'll rek their asses. Not even questioning that.
If Apriko, however, is playing against an organized team (doesn't really matter that much what skill level they got individually) he will maybe take down a few and then die.
+1

Bro a 6v1 is won by extreme luck, the sheer amount of luck to not die before that is impossible, people KNOW how to teamwork.

So youre saying that someone can 1 vs 6 but then they cant 1 vs 6.... but had to fanboi over a name :wink: Got it ^^

I loved single player. If i had to rank single player, i'd give it a 9/10. and that 9/10 is only because of few "baseline" bugs i had to get mods for, such as blacksmitthing stamina, multi crafting keybinds, and NPCs not reproducing, and having to get addons to give me the option of not aging.

Multiplayer, however, i'd give it a 2/10 :sad: And i cannot stress enough, how much it breaks my heart, when it's such a disperity.

the same has happened in other games where the PvP is great but the PvE is horrid. In bannerlord, if they just showed a tiny lil bitty more love to the pvp, ooof i'd uninstall so many other games just to commit a little more to bannerlord itself.
Nobody really understands what they're doing with the multiplayer, they completely stripped everything from Warband that made it good.

Hopefully they enticed you enough that you'll stick around until the major mods are released. This is where the game really excels for both SP and MP, it will turn a 100 hours playtime into thousands.

So youre saying they can 1 vs 6 but they cant 1 vs 6.... but have to fanboi over a name :wink: Got it ^^
Nah man. Just saying that there is a possibility to take on 6 players if they got no idea what they're doing. If they do know however, things are different. And I was using Apriko as an example cause he's the best Inf player that came to mind. Could say Hairless or anyone else as well

@RodLimitless

Good post, you brought up a lot of glaring issues myself and many others have seen with Bannerlord. With that being said, I think you are confusing one thing:

In a Mount&Blade game, equipment and keybinds ≠ skillcap.

The skillcap in games like Warband and Bannerlord derive entirely from the combat mechanics.

The difference in skillcap between Warband and Bannerlord can be attributed to a very specific root cause: RNG and a lack of thorough understanding of how the game works.

For example, Warband has a higher skillcap than Bannerlord because in Warband every facet of character movement, attacking, blocking, angling, and positioning can be measured and counted for.

Warband veterans know to the point of mastery the range and timing of every type of swing (up, left, right, stab) of the weapons they use, and conversely the weapons their opponent are using. These parameters don't change, and if they do it is because of variables the player controls (i.e. factions and the presence of a shield or not). Additionally, they know which angle of their swing (up/down tilt) will get their weapon the fastest possible contact with the enemy. Stun lock/stun delay is thoroughly understood, and used to maximum benefit when it occurs. Last but not least, Warband veterans know how seamlessly responsive Warband is, making their attacks and blocks smooth and near-instinctive.

And ^this^ is just for infantry melee fighting. We can talk about how consistent the archery and cav mechanics are in Warband but we'd be here all day.

Bannerlord on the other hand, has a number of issues which contribute to RNG and a general head-scratching bewilderment about how the combat works.

-The Stance System

The Bannerlord stance system affects the speed and range of swings depending on which stance you're in -something that is difficult for the player to control when they're in the heat of very intense combat. This obviously creates inconsistency in the combat mechanics and makes it near impossible to fully master distance and timing -because distance and timing are now subject to a degree of randomness.

-Weird Character Movement

This has been somewhat improved upon in recent patches, but the issue remains. Bannerlord characters can accelerate very rapidly and then rotate at weird unnatural angles. There are also many variables attached to movement, such as class speed, which shield they are using, attacking, blocking, and S+A/S+D. Why is this bad? Because, when compared to Warband -which had much more measured and consistent character movement, rotation rate, and acceleration speed, this adds a degree of randomness to the fighting. Suddenly positioning and range becomes a lot less consistent. I can't tell you how many times I've hit someone flush, dealing a chunk of damage, only to suddenly miss on my immediate follow-up swing because they were able to scoot away. Like how? Oh, wait, it's because there's almost no penalty to movement speed when you get hit. Oh and pro-tip, if you're fighting someone better than you in Bannerlord, just try spinning -that's good trick.

-Inconsistent Hitboxes and Weapon Reach

Weapons feel functionally shorter than they actually appear (except for some maces and short swords, which feel longer than they look). The hitboxes also seem really janked at times. A lot of either ghost-hits or unexplainable straight-up whiffs on a pretty nice-sized targets. The friendly fire too, allied hitboxes just seem to be magnet for teammate attacks. And don't get me started on the those wall-hit that your weapons always get stuck on. Something just feels off about the hitboxes. I might be the only one thinking this, or maybe it's not just me. Who knows, that's just my take.

-Over-exaggerated Swing Animations

Warband had nice tight animations. It really put the player in control of where they were attacking. In Bannerlord they bring the weapon all the way behind their back like they're in a bad 80s movie. It's a ridiculous over-windup of the swing and it causes you to hit things more at your sides than what's in front of you. All too often I've actually hit an enemy I wasn't even aiming at simply because of the over-exaggerated swings -and if that's not RNG/inconsistency then I don't know what is.

-Arbitrary Delays

Block delay was a battle that raged for months. Now the issue of attack/hold delay sadly remains. I mentioned earlier about Warband being so seamless and responsive. Held attacks were a major part of melee fighting, used to throw off your opponent's rhythm, open them up, or foil an opponent trying to chamber you. Well now with Bannerlord's extra animation attached to held attacks (known as hold delay), holds become a lot less powerful. Additionally, keep in mind that it only takes your left mouse button being held down for a few milliseconds to trigger a hold delay, so many times this issue happens even when you're not trying to do a held attack.

-Archery

Not so much having to do with RNG/inconsistency, but adding to the skillcap issue all the same. Incredibly user-friendly, drop-assist in 3rd person, arrows are auto-nocked after every shot, high archer mobility, high dps. Bannerlord's tagline at Early Access launch should have been: "Now you too can play as John Wick."

-Misc.

Non-uniform infantry movement speed between the factions, creating a big disconnect between faction infantry abilities.
See above but now apply to different infantry classes.
Kicking (especially before 1.5 patch. If you are one of those people who said kicking was fine pre-1.5 then sorry but you are a shill.)
Broken chamber blocking.
Throwing weapons accuracy/damage (has seen improvement though)
The hitboxes for horses' heads are a magnet for melee damage thus protecting the rider from attacks that would otherwise hit them.

I love Warband -it's my most-played game of all time. This doesn't mean I hate Bannerlord. I don't. I've had fun playing Bannerlord, but not as much as I would have liked to. I really want to enjoy Bannerlord, but this would mean removing the issues of inconsistency/RNG which are currently plaguing it. I really hope Taleworlds takes these issues into account and improves the multiplayer experience for everyone.

I like and agree with what you're saying, and thanks for the input. additionally, i understand what you mean when you say you havent had as much of a blast in Bannerlord as you wished you did, compared to you playing warband (which i havent played). I've been put in that position before, in previous games' expansions, and gamer to gamer, i know it sucks.

Regarding skill cap =/= not equaling combat mechanics, I understand what you mean. I suppose i see it as some games, the combat mechanics are affected by skills. imagine if you could get 250 points in athleticism, how much affected the footwork of the characters would be.

imagine if they allowed you to craft your own weapon, people with various weapon styles would have to adjust to the correct tilt timings and swing timings of the mouse swinging., but i understand what you mean. i suppose i see it as, the more options avaible to play how you want, can increase skillcap because as more options arise, your possibilities of things you can do become limitless. no pun intended :wink:

Nobody really understands what they're doing with the multiplayer, they completely stripped everything from Warband that made it good.

Hopefully they enticed you enough that you'll stick around until the major mods are released. This is where the game really excels for both SP and MP, it will turn a 100 hours playtime into thousands.
i hope so, but how long until that happens do you think ??

So youre saying that someone can 1 vs 6 but then they cant 1 vs 6.... but have to fanboi over a name :wink: Got it ^^
He's saying experienced players (top players) will never be able to destroy eachother in a 1v6 competitively.

It only applies (not a lot) to 1 top player vs 6 new players, and even then its rare

did u read what he said?

Nah man. Just saying that there is a possibility to take on 6 players if they got no idea what they're doing. If they do know however, things are different. And I was using Apriko as an example cause he's the best Inf player that came to mind. Could say Hairless or anyone else as well
Ofc understood that i just couldnt see the issue there with his statement :smile: Dont think one guy can 1v6 in any competitive game play at the same time but you never know one day :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom