Rank 1 Gamer Thoughts on Bannerlord PvP

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see more videos out there peeps :smile: im curious and love to see others adventures even in PVP. Only seen one good pvper in action and thats it :/ More vids please guys for the content :wink:

Other then that its good posting and has valid points, even if i havent tried out MP yet i can see where the concerns are

Selflessly plug Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight here

Well i can say that Bannerlord cav requires more skill than the Warband cavalry.It's harder to bumphit,there are too many throwables,cavalry gets reared up from behind etc.Also w-w and s-s mechanic gives a skill ceiling.Overall there are too many lances and since their speeds are different,it's harder to master it.In warband cavalry only had Great Lance(Not being used on competitive scene),Heavy Lance,Lance,Light Lance and on Swadia it had Awlpike drop for cavalries.

Infantry based Warband requires more skill after 1.5 patch since TW added ''spam'' and ''crush-through''. But this spam isn't like warband's spam,if you have a slower equipment and if you attack in the time you won't hit the opponent.In warband infantry players countered it with a slower weapon(except hammers).They added crush-through,which makes game unfun and kills skill ceiling.One more thing about bannerlord skill ceiling causes from unbalance.There are no balance between classes and factions which makes game unfun and destroys skill ceiling.On infantry scene Warband is faster compared to Bannerlord,infantries needs faster reflexes to block and do the timing.

No idea about archery difference.

Last edited:
If you want to see skill you need to participate in the tournaments, if you don't have buddies destiny pickups also works very well.

1v1 doesn't really matter, I'm fairly **** at 1v1 but do better in groupfights than people who beat me in 1v1. It's hard to see improvement in your own gameplay.
There also has to be distinguished between the Dueling on duel servers (ft7, all them rules, yadda yadda) and the gritty 1v1 situation which arise in Skirmish/Battle, where also an inequality in Equipment and other factors come into play.
All them duel kids are usually good fighters, esp in 1v1 situations, but they're lousy battle/skirmish infs unless they train that area since it requires a different mindset and way of acting in a fight.

Regarding the TDM thing: lol. Skill Ceiling in TDM... It's useful practice, but just lol.

Make this epic battle and mode happen...Two towns or small forts on an large map. Pick your trade. Work as a team of lets say 10-20 commanders each side, with an small army of AIs. Engineers can build catapults and siege weapons. Prob are going to be demanding AF but atleast its going to be epic battles with commanders fighting in the middle of it :wink: This type of gameplay opens up for great teamwork along with you utilizing strategically your AI units. Best of both worlds so to speak,,,If not,,, someone make a game of this...Because even if that game didnt look like much when i first saw it, the gamemode was sucking me in like no tomorrow and if it was like M&B in the mix...pfff i wouldnt be here right now :wink:

Last edited:
- Beeflip, gamer god who used to play this game
- Myself, dirty thrower inf.

Man this is wicked asf and that damn drop axe and the 3vs1 on that last video :grin: Thanx and loved it alot!!! Many legends out there i see which i had my suspicions :wink:

Last edited:
First of all i want to clear make clear how Bannerlord and Warband cavalry combat are different.

Lances/Spears :
In Bannerlord its not easier to land your hits with a spear or lance compared to warband, because the animation has a way shorter window of dealing high damage, in Warband the lance animation was way slower and could be dragged more precisly.

Movement :
Riding feels way better in Bannerlord then in Warband, you turn faster, you have double-W and double-S for more controls.

Bumps/Knockdowns:
Doing a Bumpslash is way harder in Bannerlord then in Warband, you need more speed comparativly for triggering the bump, also the weird multibump/horse ass bump from Warband is gone. Knockdowns have been made harder to pull off in Bannerlord then in Warband with the latest changes to the formula.

Now to clear up some of the nonesense i have read here :

@Marko͘
The performance on Skirmish is fine most of the time, also you talk about balance... balance really ? So you are saying Warband was better balanced ? Did you ever play that game ? Rhodoks or Veagir on open maps, Nord or Rhodok on closed maps, not balanced at all, look at the Swadia with their Awlpike on horseback, this is talking out of your ass. Explain to me no responsivness please.
@Surreal120
Skilldifference is there for sure,one very good player turns the whole game against "just" good players.
@Roadpork
Blocking does matter, even more in Bannerlord because 2h weapons are actually used competitivly atm.

I see so many people especially warband veterans say "game bad i go back to Warband", i rather try to make Bannerlord better because Warband will never receive a patch or balancing ever again, and having played that for almost 10 years it gets stale. The game has already gotten much better, by listening to feedback of active players.

I think for many players, the reason for misunderstandings of the game is the server location.
I watched Youtube videos from those Ok ping players yesterday. It's a totally different story... I feel weights from their games. (When they swing, I can feel it's a steel sword, not a piece of paper)
I guess there is a maximum "satisfying ping" of this game to let it follows the origin design. above that, what we see is not they are designed.

Talking to blocking, Because the ranged weapon does huge damage, the shield is necessary.
Currently, two-handed weapons are all about dodge and crush through. They are too slow to block. You can still do it the traditional way but not worth it. Dodge -> crush-through is the best.

Inbefore theres a thread next week about too high skill ceiling ... Warband scared a lot of beginners away by matching them versus veterans.

If they actually just improved what we got now i would be happy. E.g. : Smoother blocking, generally better controlls, better movement and more consistency on stabs, bounces, horse bumps and all the other clunky stuff.

If they actually just improved what we got now i would be happy.
They really, really need to fix crushthrough. It is annoyingly effective with no damage reduction given even if you did block the attack, but I can't see how encouragin a pursuit for new players is, if they are matched with someone experienced who will annihilate them with a single strike most of the time.
I'd also add in a revisit to the way armour works, since most of the time you can strike down heavily armored opponents by just getting in two hits on the head with most blunt weapons. Which is essentially the same for low armoured units being on the receiving end of decent cut weapons, particularly the Varyag can one hit lowly armoured classes with a single swing. I do believe that the quick demise you can meet sets an emphasis on good defensive work and, being a Skirmish player, having a well-functioning squad on your side make matches more interesting.
Also some balancing aspects should be different depending on the game mode as well, since they just play very differently.

Touchy subject for him ? Never seen him as being sensitive about it but i could be wrong... If so my apologies Canton
I wouldn't use "Touchy" as an adjective because it is a trigger to those who have been the victims of certain types of assault. Also, your use of gendered language in your phrase "Never seen him" is concerning because you haven't asked what Canton's pronouns are. Simply say "Never seen Canton .." instead of risking such a potential thought mistake.

I wouldn't use "Touchy" as an adjective because it is a trigger to those who have been the victims of certain types of assault. Also, your use of gendered language in your phrase "Never seen him" is concerning because you haven't asked what Canton's pronouns are. Simply say "Never seen Canton .." instead of risking such a potential thought mistake.
Now youre taking it a bit to far dont you think ? making up your own stories. Read instead what i wrote. And yes if its a girl as you say then my apologies for that to but think girls are used to this anyways, unfortunately...But only Canton can speak for him/herself right ? or you know her if so as you seems to ? Also it isnt nice of you to bring up such bad memories to people who had been thru those things to...so please think of that in the future

Last edited:
Now youre taking it a bit to far dont you think ? making up your own stories. Read instead what i wrote. And yes if its a girl as you say then my apologies for that to but think girls are used to this anyways, unfortunately...But only Canton can speak for him/herself right ? or you know her, if so as you seems to ?
You do realize there are more pronouns than he/him and she/her right. Also when you mention Canton in your third sentence there, you classify Canton as an "it" which is incredibly offensive.

You do realize there are more pronouns than he/him and she/her right. Also when you mention Canton in your third sentence there, you classify Canton as an "it" which is incredibly offensive.
Well English isnt my first language...But you know Canton can speak for him/her self right ? No need to gaslight or putting on domestic behavior
Please be civil or try to calm down sir because youre not making any sense right now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom