Ranger

Users who are viewing this thread

ranger.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Battania Ranger in this thread.

As a main archer player, I personally go for long bow and extra arrows, seeing as the other perks are rather not worth picking over these. The two-handed axe is nice, but it's really impractical in terms of utility. I'd rather have a default weapon and pick up an enemy shield to have some more protection than go shock infantry when I run out of arrows or need to engage in melee.

I would give it a better default weapon, perhaps a short sword. The hatchet is really bad.

This class is pretty nice, you can go full damage with the longbow and snipe from afar or take the melee weapons and use the short bow to support your allies close up. I've heard it's going to get the Fiann's default 2h as a perk next patch, I would probably advise against that but we will see won't we.

In 1.5.6 the default melee weapon is nearly unplayable with a range of 48 (What's the range for a kick?). Also when choosing the mace as melee option it doesn't replace the axe and scrolling through three weapon options is really hindering.

Good bow though.

In 1.5.6 the default melee weapon is nearly unplayable with a range of 48 (What's the range for a kick?). Also when choosing the mace as melee option it doesn't replace the axe and scrolling through three weapon options is really hindering.

Good bow though.
I agree, Mace should replace the hatchet entirely.
The AI seems to think that the "bonus against shields" is significant in some way, and will pull the hatchet against shielded enemies, who also happen to be heavily armored and are the exact reason you took the mace perk.

Any reason to ever use the Fast Shortbow? It seems to be worse in every aspect than both options when you consider that the default shortbow is better in every way, the Longbow has more ranged damage, and the two handed axe is probably the best melee weapon that an archer unit can ask for. I find that 2h axe / Mobility to be the best movement-focused loadout.

Well. Pretty much every perk not going for max ranged dmg is terrible. The few times I do spawn with them is if I know I can mount a horse and be horse archer (and that depends if being horse archer will be good). The accuracy and damage decrease is so punishing.

Honorable mention to glaive archer (only melee weapon perk maybe worth its place)

It is trap option to go for faster bow, yeh. We are reaching stupid very low levels of damage if you take that. 34 dmg? Terrible, not to mention you get even less accuracy. Whoever made these perks have never played archer.

I'd say you should give shortbow users some kind of 2nd benefit; more armor, speed, weapon switching to bow faster. Because you are giving up so much raw combat potential

It is trap option to go for faster bow, yeh. We are reaching stupid very low levels of damage if you take that. 34 dmg? Terrible, not to mention you get even less accuracy. Whoever made these perks have never played archer.

I'd say you should give shortbow users some kind of 2nd benefit; more armor, speed, weapon switching to bow faster. Because you are giving up so much raw combat potential
I am going over the perks for light archer classes. There will be changes to the perk bows in particular. And I agree with you.

Right now they are loosely based on some tiers and have great differences between each other. I am trying to streamline it a little bit where the perk bows (stat wise) are very comparable but have a small but significant advantage, and similar other stats.
The melee perks will also change for the most part.

(Also each bow will use a different mesh / visual, so no more duplicates with different stats)

I am going over the perks for light archer classes. There will be changes to the perk bows in particular. And I agree with you.

Right now they are loosely based on some tiers and have great differences between each other. I am trying to streamline it a little bit where the perk bows (stat wise) are very comparable but have a small but significant advantage, and similar other stats.
The melee perks will also change for the most part.

(Also each bow will use a different mesh / visual, so no more duplicates with different stats)
I feel like the Two-Handed Axe perk should stay personally, cuz I DO like how the Ranger has an exceptionally powerful melee weapon for an archer unit, which I think makes the Ranger worth 120 vs most archers' 110.

Sure, the Ranger may not doing as much damage compared to other light archers, but thinking you'll win a melee fight against him is a pretty risky gamble where even if you DO win, you'll likely be missing a huge chunk of health.

Last edited:
I feel like the Two-Handed Axe perk should stay personally, cuz I DO like how the Ranger has an exceptionally powerful melee weapon for an archer unit, which I think makes the Ranger worth 120 vs most archers' 110.

Sure, the Ranger may not doing as much damage compared to other light archers, but thinking you'll win a melee fight against him is a pretty risky gamble where even if you DO win, you'll likely be missing a huge chunk of health.
My plan is not to remove it or the others for the most part. Its just to make some of them better.
Also you should be able to combine them with a skill perk or a specific bow that gives you some sort of bonus for fighting up close as an melee archer. (Like less movement penalty, or faster reload, stuff like this)

The two handed axe one will probably stay, so no worries. But its still wip.

Back
Top Bottom