SP Native Ranger Company version 1.8 (updated April, 18,2010) testers still needed!!

Should the loot wagon require an npc to run? see page 8 for details.

• Yes, more npc's please.

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • No, I want all the loot, all the time.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • What's a loot wagon?

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Adorno said:
Oh, well then it all makes sense  :razz:

*hug*

On topic: I hope these 12 rangers to begin with will be removed in a later version.
I prefer the difficulty high and they make the early game very easy - even sea raiders pose little thread.
I like how expensive they are, but they're also very powerful warriors.

i think they should not be very powerfull, for this reason: as they are a precious resource, i think that in battle they should be something that has to be protected: you pay a lot for having them, but you got to take care of 'em...

makin them as, don't know, archers (still haven't played yet, don't know what type of troop are they) more skilled in marksmanship than others, but at the same time weak as the other in the hand to hand combat, will be the best choice in my opinion...

Thanks for answering many of the questions Adorno, and the heads up on my little debug mistake.

The 12 rangers to start is just for testing purposes. I didn't want everyone to have to randomly find or upgrade troops to rangers before they could test the game features. This is very far from a finished product. I've only released it to get some feedback.

Entrenchment time is based on the number of troops in your party and the parties engineer skill. So if you have 24 troops, and a party engineer skill of 4, it will take 3 hours to entrench. Three hours is about the time it takes to travel from Sargoth to Suno. You will be notified that you are entrenched by a message scrolling on the screen, there is no interuption from your normal camping. There is a different camping scene for entrenched and not entrenched battles.

You must have a minimum of 5 rangers in your party to send out skirmishers. You can send a spy as long as you have one ranger. To send a skirmish party, right click on an enemy or neutral party and select skirmish. Sending spies works the same way, right click on a town, village or castle. Once your spy has been in town for 24 hours, you can order him to try to sabotage something by right clicking on the town.

A couple things to be aware of. If you join a battle with your skirmishers, they will not rejoin your party after the battle. Just click on them and travel to them and they will rejoin. There is a small window of time where you can send more than one spy to the same town. Don't do it, or you will lose that ranger. No work around currently. Spies in town cost double the pay of a normal ranger, so it can be very expensive to keep a spy active in town for long periods of time.

The sabotage mission Rescue Prisoner will only appear in the menu choices if there is actually an npc prisoner to rescue.

Rangers are horse archers. They are the same level and approximately the same stats as mercenary cavalry.

Tempered said:
Rangers are horse archers. They are the same level and approximately the same stats as mercenary cavalry.

got it...but since mercenary cavalry are a sort of elite unit between the mercenaries, i think you should make them more weak for the reasons i said...

anyway, good work you've done here...you got a really wonderful idea with this mod! :wink:

Tempered said:
There is a small window of time where you can send more than one spy to the same town. Don't do it, or you will lose that ranger. No work around currently.
I've lost a spy then  :sad: - thought it might increase chances of a successful sabotage.
Can you reveal something about the success rate of these spy missions?

Adorno said:
Tempered said:
There is a small window of time where you can send more than one spy to the same town. Don't do it, or you will lose that ranger. No work around currently.
I've lost a spy then  :sad: - thought it might increase chances of a successful sabotage.

Sorry to hear about your loss, I'm sure he gave his life valiantly  :wink:

Every 12 hours, there is a chance that your spy will be discovered. The chance is approximately 15%. The chance of discovery goes up if it is a castle you are spying on, you've attempted a sabotage mission, or your relation with the town or faction is bad. The chance of discovery goes down if it is a town you are spying on or you have good relation with the town or faction.  Since your spy actively tries to improve your relation with a town, the chance should go down slightly every 24 hours, as long as you've not done anything to piss them off. Currently, discovery always ends badly for your spy. I may add a chance for him to escape and return to your party, but I've mixed feelings about that.

So basically, your chance of discovery is faction relation, center relation, center type, and recent spy activity.

If you want to look at the actual code, it is in simple_triggers.py and is marked as "spy update every 12 hours".

I've fixed the "spawn hostile party" menu feature. You will now only see it if you enable cheats through the "take an action" camp menu. I'll upload the fixed version shortly.

Almost forgot, your spy will automatically succeed in a sabotage mission as long as he is not discovered before completing the mission. This is why there is a 12 hour period before the sabotage takes effect, it makes for another discovery check at a penalty for an active sabotage mission.

Tempered said:
Adorno said:
Tempered said:

He probably just went to the tavern

Queen Pinky said:
Tempered said:
Adorno said:
Tempered said:

He probably just went to the tavern

If you've read the spy reports, then I'm sure you're right  :lol:

CinuzIta said:
Tempered said:

got it...but since mercenary cavalry are a sort of elite unit between the mercenaries, i think you should make them more weak for the reasons i said...

anyway, good work you've done here...you got a really wonderful idea with this mod! :wink:

I'll give them lower melee weapon stats and lower their melee damage, but I think the level is good for pay purposes and hit points.

Yes, the rangers also do the spying. So when you send a spy to a town, your army loses 1 ranger, until you tell him to return to your army.

On a side note, I'm going to be making entrenched parties start any battles on foot. The horses will be penned up in the camp site. Anyone have any objections or thoughts on this?

Tempered said:
Yes, the rangers also do the spying. So when you send a spy to a town, your army loses 1 ranger, until you tell him to return to your army.

On a side note, I'm going to be making entrenched parties start any battles on foot. The horses will be penned up in the camp site. Anyone have any objections or thoughts on this?

a tad if they face horsemen they will die like asap

hi,
which part of the module system is responsible for the entrenchment? and what do i need to copy to get it into another mod?

Wu-long said:
Tempered said:

Umm, you do realize that entrenched armies are behind fortifications for the explicit purpose of stopping a cavalry charge, don't you?

Tempered said:
Wu-long said:
Tempered said:

Umm, you do realize that entrenched armies are behind fortifications for the explicit purpose of stopping a cavalry charge, don't you?

im so sorry ahah i duno what entrenched armies so they are basically fortress guards correct?

Back
Top Bottom