Range unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Blaqz

Recruit
Hi i just started playing this mod and all i can say is that it freaking good 0.0.... Anyway i was looking for the best faction that have good range unit, anyone know which one is good?

There's two that dominate that area.

Ravenstern Rangers (And to a lesser extent, mounted rangers) are the elite "Archer" unit (Not counting special units, such as the Noldor, or Silvermist Rangers). They fire quick and deadly, but they also run out of ammo fast. They usually spawn with two handed swords, so they also make surprisingly good anti-cavalty or siege units.

The Empire Armoured Crossbowmen are the crossbow varient. They fire slower, but hit hard, and their ammo lasts longer. They're a bit more beefy than the Rangers. A much more well-rounded unit in my opinion, while the Ravenstern Ranger is more specialized.

Pick your flavor.

i feel like warning you, you will soon have many replies telling you to go and read this frequently asked question in some other thread, just a heads up :wink:

depending on your preferance either ravenstern or empire have excellent troops.

ravenstern rangers have superb rate of fire with good damage, a nice line of these and its a massacre.

the empire armored crossbows have more damage, but as with any crossbow, they fire slower. its still a massacre.

i prefer the rangers, the sound of hundreds of arrows per minute is just pure awesome, and you can see them all in the air, it looks awesome too :smile:

actually i mix them. 35 rangers and 30 armored crossbowmen at the moment

Sarleon has good armored longbowman. They level faster than ravenstern rangers and are cheaper. I hate the rangers. They wear dresses.

This game needs total war style multiplayer game battles. So we can fight with our party instead of single.

they are not archers, they are just the same barbarians as the rest of that axe wielding green plague with the one difference that they happened to find a ludicrously weak bow once in their miserable lifetime.

No love for the D'shar archers? Really? I think they can even outperform Sarleon's bowmen, especially when mounted.

... I couldn't type that with a straight face.

Diablodude said:
No love for the D'shar archers? Really? I think they can even outperform Sarleon's bowmen, especially when mounted.

... I couldn't type that with a straight face.
:lol:
My sides are dying.

Dathlos said:
azenky said:
ranged.....?
Throwing spears.
I think the dude asked for an actual RANGED troop, not cavalry who can kill stuff from 5 yards away. Besides, if doomguides (or Rav. Rangers or Xbowmen or sappers) and demons held ground and exchanged fire in an open field, demons would lose, granted that they don't stand five feet away from each other.

For the sieges Ravenstern rangers can't be beaten. Sure you'll lose some, but when 50 machine gunners..oh rangers, start shooting, bottom left of the screen will have lots of green lines.

Open field battles favor empire xbowmen though, unless you can very effectively use your ranger's ammo with hold fire/rain death orders. Still, as open field battles are usually decided with melee, I rarely carry many archers with me.

Back
Top Bottom