Users who are viewing this thread

Hey all,

I recently upgraded from 1.7.1 and I noticed this weird graphical thing where the secondary color of uniforms is randomized. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but regardless does anyone know anything about it? Ever since I've noticed it it's been bugging me to no end.
Seems to only affect the secondary color. Can't imagine why..

Here's two examples:

ocacXVC.jpg

4xBfCXe.png

Needless to say, is this some type of feature? How do I turn it off? I can't stop noticing it.
I have some pretty good modding experience I just don't even know where to start looking for this or what it would be called. A point in the right direction would be great :smile:

Why does it bug you?
It seems more realistic and better to have various saturation, as long as they are kept within a certain threshold.
I like uniformity. I like wargamming where armies have neat colors and organization. I made a mod centered around this, but the random saturation kinda ruins this for me. Ever since I noticed it I can't unsee it. Wasn't in there with 1.7.1 which felt a lot cleaner
Sadly, it's not on both primary and secondary. Would look way more realistic.
Yeah, I just don't like my uniformity getting ruined. Do you know if this feature has a name? I've been trying to track it down in the files, but I don't even begin to know what to call it or which files/module to check. I didn't see anything in the changelog

Having different saturation would be a very nice feature also for the main color. I hope it's a feature, not a bug. If you like uniformity you should not play a game situated in the medieval ages. :wink:

Actually the game should give totally different colors to the clothing cause there were no uniforms in use. However I play with HUD disabled for immersion and so I'm thankful for at least similar colors on faction troops, to see who is friend and foe. But total uniformity would be terrible.

You mean like that one lion is more yellowish than the other? And I thought those ridiculous pauldrons are more of an sore eye 😄

Having different saturation would be a very nice feature also for the main color. I hope it's a feature, not a bug. If you like uniformity you should not play a game situated in the medieval ages. :wink:

Actually the game should give totally different colors to the clothing cause there were no uniforms in use. However I play with HUD disabled for immersion and so I'm thankful for at least similar colors on faction troops, to see who is friend and foe. But total uniformity would be terrible.
I'm asking for help how to change it on my local copy. Not out here to convince taleworlds of anything even if I don't like it

I'm asking for help how to change it on my local copy. Not out here to convince taleworlds of anything even if I don't like it
I'm totally for freedom of choice on this matter, i think default should be slightly different colors, but i'm against forcing everyone to experience it.

Then that's modding, I'm all for customizing to each ones taste, but unfortunately I never dealt with such visual stuff. You could try in the modding section of the forums.

Back
Top Bottom