Random, unexplained, unprovoked lag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Okay, first off, Mount & Blade plays great on my machine...for about ten minute.

I can be roaming around on the map, meandering around a city or even be in a store and it'll all go haywire.  The FPS goes down to a maximum of 4, the store starts to flash colours and all the text becomes unreadable and boxy.  (I apologize for my lame descriptions, but it's the best I can do.

My system specs are Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2, 64 MB Onboard Graphics Card, 512 MB RAM, 2.40 GHz Pentium 4 Processor.

I've checked to make sure my graphics drivers are up to date, I've tinkered with graphics settings.

It never happens for a reason, like I said, I can be in ten minutes of smooth, flawless gameplay before it hits and then I have to quit the game because it becomes unplayable.

I don't know what to do, it's never happened this seriously before in any other version and any lag I got was fixed without having to ask for help.

If someone could shed some light on this situation, it'd help me greatly.

I have the exact same problem. I've tried putting down the settings, with no effect. It's quite frustrating, actually.

Looks like an issue with the graphics driver to me. You can try switching to DX7 mode and see if it fixes it if you haven't already. Barring that it might be worth trying a different driver version for the chip (if there's one available). Turn off the pixel shaders too.

I tried turning off pixel shaders to no effect and I've been running in DX 7 mode since I began playing it.  I'll see about the drivers though.

I might add that, in addition to the above I have tried reinstalling M&B. Never thought about a driver problem, though (d'uh!).

Exactly the same ting has happened to me as well.

I was attacking a castle (third castle so not all the time when attacking castles) and it started of nicely without any lag then after a while it just started lagging like crazy we were lots more than the enemy so i turned away from the battle to stop the lagging (which usually works and somewhat stop the lagging) but then all the trees turned boxy and bright blue.  And after the battle Even the map was like it then i pressed esc button and the menu was like it, and so was the main menu. I haven't played after that so i don't know if it still is like that (I hope not :razz:).

And just to pop in another of my big problems.

Mount and blade itself wont open when i have my virus controller activated.

First i thought that it was only My computer and my virus controller that did and thought, well that is what you get when you buy cheap ****, but when i tried to install the newest version of mount and blade on another computer with another virus controller the same problem occurs. (Really annoying)

I've updated my display driver and I retried the game, but the text did it's trick where it suddenly becomes boxy and indecipherable.
Though, there wasn't any lag this time, but I don't know if that means the problem is eradicated, I only hope it means it is and that the text problem will be fixed with the release of the next update.

Back
Top Bottom