Random Question!

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Serius

Knight at Arms
Do skills stack? Such as trainer or surgery?

Example:

I have 4 surgery, and two of my companions have 2. Does that make the party have about 8 surgery?

With trainer, is it the same? Do your soldiers get more experience because there are multiple people with the same skill?

It depends. If the skill description says in partheneses "Party Skill" all compaions who have the skill add on to your skill, and this then resembles the entire party skill.

And, with surgery, I think that is a aprty skill but I'm not entirely sure.

Lord Serius said:
Do skills stack? Such as trainer or surgery?

Example:

I have 4 surgery, and two of my companions have 2. Does that make the party have about 8 surgery?

With trainer, is it the same? Do your soldiers get more experience because there are multiple people with the same skill?

Trainer, yep. All soldiers get more experience as a whole. This is the only skill that has this effect. Every party members with trainer is a bonus, despite this I wouldn't invest too much in Trainer though.

Surgery? Nope. The character with the highest surgery counts, this is the same with all party skills.

If you add in the books about herbs and surgery, it will further increase your party medical skills - same with training if you add in the Life of the Legionnaire - extra points while these are in inventory.

This question belongs in the Questions about Strategy and Gameplay Thread, not in a separate topic.

Books just raise the personal skill.

All skills labelled as party skill are non stackable and the highest skill is taken into account. It´s valid as long as the provider is concsious. If the provider is knocked out in battle round it´s active till the round is over. If the provider is inactive (=red status in party list) the next best active companion provides the skill. However - for every party skill the player has as well the party gets some boni for it. That´s the eg +3 on some skills. The bonus totally depends on the players level and is already mentioned somewhere here if you look around or search. It´s the one thing I never get right so someone else may explain them.

The big exception there is the trainer skill. It stacks and there´s no bonus for it. Everyone with a training skill gives XP at midnight - the total amount is calculated as described by skill level*number of troops trained.

If you exploit it, it can total up to several thousand points of XP per midnight and ensures you train your armies pretty fast.
And people call Donovan the Drill Nazi...

That's stupid though in my honest opinion. I don't understand why my surgery would stack on at least a bit with my other party members. In that case, what good are the party companions aside from never being killed?

Well, I know they have some skills, but I'm a bit upset at this.

If you are upset, best complain to Armagan and the Taleworlds Devs.  That is not a PoP rule.  It is, and has always been, that way in both Native M&B and Warband.

Immortal companions are not good enough for you?  Sheesh. 

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
If you are upset, best complain to Armagan and the Taleworlds Devs.  That is not a PoP rule.  It is, and has always been, that way in both Native M&B and Warband.

Immortal companions are not good enough for you?  Sheesh.

Not that upset, but just enough that I had put points into training.

And of course not!  :twisted: MOAR POWAR

Lord Serius said:
That's stupid though in my honest opinion. I don't understand why my surgery would stack on at least a bit with my other party members. In that case, what good are the party companions aside from never being killed?

Well, I know they have some skills, but I'm a bit upset at this.

Just look at this from the bossy attitude.
If your boss knows ****e about your working task/field of science you´ll tell him the blue out of nowhwere. If he has basic understandings, he won´t take all the smelly crap for prime intellectual art and you´ll be encouraged to produce better quality stuff.

Party skills aside from traning count the higist skill + 1/2 of the next highist so if one party memebrs has 6 surgery anouther has 2 the efective sergery level for your party is 7

If you look at your party screen it will read like this

"Surgery Ansen 6 (+1)"

I have 6 path finding. Diev has 4. In party screen it reads as 6+2 path finding. They stack.
I have 9 surgery, in party screen it reads as 9+3 surgery.

Faegrin said:
I have 6 path finding. Diev has 4. In party screen it reads as 6+2 path finding. They stack.
I have 9 surgery, in party screen it reads as 9+3 surgery.

there stack nothing, RTFM

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mount%26Blade/Skills

Party Skills

These are skills that each character individually possesses, but they are applied to the party as a whole. If the party leader (you) has these skills, a bonus to the skill is applied as per the table to the right. The leader's bonus is applied to the party even if a companion has a higher skill level than you. An additional (+1) can be earned from certain Books. If characters are listed as Wounded their Party skills will be disabled until they regain some health.

Points Bonus
0-1 pts (+0)
2-4 (+1)
5-7 (+2)
8-9 (+3)
10+ (+4)

HTH

Back
Top Bottom