Random Media v.4 (Comedy Optional, Interesting Optional)

How do you feel about Vraelomon?

• Long live The King.

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • I didn't vote for him.

Votes: 90 67.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree with Mad that we should have organizations where we can all come together, regardless of our backgrounds, for some activity. We need apoliticism to exist to some degree for that, I understand. It's just very hard to actualize it.

Maybe apolitical organization =
1) that an organization merely facilitates the activity
2) and without any intentional signaling that could be interpreted as political or offensive by one of the members
3) unless some sort of signaling is unavoidable because it's inherent to another member's society [e.g., wearing a poppy, no headscarves for women]

But then you can argue that inclusivity or equality [of sexuality] is inherent to a given society. ''Individualism'' and ''equality'' are unironically something we like to champion; a thing we think distinguishes us from the rest of the world. It is this ''inherent'' social/cultural thing for us. Idk

F96na.jpg
rVQWE.png
Naozq.gif

I agree with Mad that we should have organizations where we can all come together, regardless of our backgrounds, for some activity. We need apoliticism to exist to some degree for that, I understand. It's just very hard to actualize it.
I am afraid that the very purpose of "having the apolitical organization that in theory should bring people together" will make it political in the end. You want it or not.

Religious institutions often pretend to be apolitical (heavily influence politics in many countries), IOC pretends to be apolitical (i am not sure if they still do), Greenpeace has always been political despite its statute (often used as a political tool too), etc.

The common interstellar enemy is what will unite humanity... or not.

I've watched this game live having a late night, but never felt this way. For me it was purely basketball looking back then, the brilliant, unexpected decision to pass the ball to someone - nobody expects will get it.

It's Horse Carriage Platoon of k.u.k. Infaterie Regiment Nr. 28 "Children of Prague". But I wonder whether it would be possible nowadays to have an official photo of your unit where you hold 1 litre glass full of beer :grin:

Back
Top Bottom