Random Media v.4 (Comedy Optional, Interesting Optional)

How do you feel about Vraelomon?

• Long live The King.

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • I didn't vote for him.

Votes: 90 67.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Yea, sklep means cellar or basement in CZ. You and Slovaks are weird for calling basements pivince, which obviously means beer hall. And they say we have a beer problem!

I think those are technically divergences, where they originally meant the same thing and then slightly changed meaning over time. But the szukać/šukat near-homonym is (afaik) a convergence due to you borrowing "suchen" from German and us using the old timey word "šouchat", i.e. "to rub" first as a euphemism and then as it often happens the euphemism was overused and it turned into a vulgarism instead.

H_K2W.jpg

Last edited:
I approve of everything that went down in this thread, but you all should really eat some coal, it's healthy for you.
I'll have some when I'm done with my meltdown over foreigners not being dubbed irl. Hope it will give me the energy to declare my Moravian nationality on my way to vote for a milf. And maybe even demand 1/4 of some reparations.

It's hard being a mongrel:xf-frown:

It's hard being a mongrel:xf-frown:
I think we can elaborate on various **** but as the Silesian colleague mentioned... coal won't eat itself.

EDIT:
@kurczak

"Piwnica" as derived from the word Piwo (beer) has two meanings in polish. It is dark and moist beneath the ground level so was adopted and become popular for its "basement" meaning. But it is also the place where you store, serve and drink "pivo" / "piwo".

Here some examples:

"Piwnica Świdnicka" in my hometown.
o1KR1.jpg

"Piwnica pod Baranami" in Kraków
Qew-b.jpg

"Piwnica Rajców" in Gdańsk
aA3-N.jpg

So the word remained what it's originally made for :wink: just gained a new life with "basement" meaning.

SPOILER's snip
That reminds me of: https://rockymountainpatent.com/blog/25-hilarious-patent-illustrations-for-your-enjoyment/

That never stopped being funny :wink:

Last edited:
Oh come on, every generation has its edgy rebel boys, it's just that they don't look like James Dean now, but some psycho with makeup.
And formerly there were also gentle looking boys that looked a bit gay, but found out they were hetero when they got out of the confusing years and became ***** enjoyers. Now apparently each of these must be transgendering away, but I doubt that.

The first one is right on point. You could also go back to the 70s and show pictures of Bowie and glam rockers on one hand, and weird punk icons on the other. TLDR: things don't change much and every generation thinks it's special.

Back
Top Bottom