Random Media v.4 (Comedy Optional, Interesting Optional)

How do you feel about Vraelomon?

• Long live The King.

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • I didn't vote for him.

Votes: 90 67.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

CEapFJZ.jpeg

4mn7rXB.jpg
XwG8xUr.jpg
6DRt6Xm.jpg
qbpVWWH.jpg
flRZ9lO.jpg
2Vj93B9.jpg
ikGl9oZ.jpg
KwVjiX4.jpg
7NBxkzJ.jpg
Az5oFm3.jpg

It always shocks me how the worst, most nonsensical parts of monty python have created a very specific kind of nerd who has been quoting them since the 80s when they were aired in the US. Every time I go a few weeks without seeing or hearing a monty python meme from a smelly steampunk american I feel like the world has moved on, that people will stop saying "thank you kind sir!" on forums, and that "British comedy" won't be synonymous with people who prance around at Renaissance fairs and sexually harass the redhead at their DnD club, but then I see crap like this and the illusion is shattered. I remember the smouldering corpse that is BBC Comedy and the horrifying middle class accents everyone from Samarkand to Seattle, in both directions, puts on when they gleefully quote this barely funny, ultra-bourgeois show from the cold war.

It always shocks me how the worst, most nonsensical parts of monty python have created a very specific kind of nerd who has been quoting them since the 80s when they were aired in the US. Every time I go a few weeks without seeing or hearing a monty python meme from a smelly steampunk american I feel like the world has moved on, that people will stop saying "thank you kind sir!" on forums, and that "British comedy" won't be synonymous with people who prance around at Renaissance fairs and sexually harass the redhead at their DnD club, but then I see crap like this and the illusion is shattered. I remember the smouldering corpse that is BBC Comedy and the horrifying middle class accents everyone from Samarkand to Seattle, in both directions, puts on when they gleefully quote this barely funny, ultra-bourgeois show from the cold war.
q6NTb.gif

Personally, I have to pretend I'm more effeminate so guys don't get intimidated, or get insecure where they feel like they have to prove something by competing with me on dumb stuff.

Back
Top Bottom