Random Media v.4 (Comedy Optional, Interesting Optional)

How do you feel about Vraelomon?

• Long live The King.

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • I didn't vote for him.

Votes: 90 67.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, thanks, but does Bowman consider those opulent luxuries or...?

I think he was trying to imply that it doesn't look very respectable to have a cup of whatever, cigarettes and ashtray on what seems like a small press-table. Especially for a supreme leader, even though he can do whatever **** he wants. I might be wrong though.

Cheese does that to you. he's been known to import vast quantities of cheese from Switzerland as he studied there during his adolescense, big ole lactose fatty

PXDmg.jpg
lN7Zt.jpg
siTeU.jpg

TXxQq.gif

It's complicated, the term 'pogaństwo/poganie' was used for non-christian religons/its believers but, afaik, only around XIIth century it became almost exclusively derogatory - at least in the territories of Poland.

Pohan/pogan etc is a calcque of the Latin paganus, used by the freshly Christianized Slavic establishment and priests on loan from Germany. Although we don't know (as far as I know :razz: ) for sure what they themelves called the religion, I really doubt they would use an exonym that means "country bumpkin".

If I had to, I would guess they didn't even have a proper name for it and just called it nasha vera or nashi bogi - our faith, our gods, or something generic like that.

Even "our faith" is unlikely with local beliefs. There was no reason to give it a name because it was just how things were. Reality doesn't need a proper noun.
On that note, Suomenusko specifically refers to modern Finnish neopaganism, so it's not like Paradox are downgrading their attention to detail here.

It wasn't really a religion, though you have morons like people believing in 'Wielka Lechia' (just... just don't even try to go down that rabbit hole). It was just bunch of people believing in different bunches of gods, there are similarities, but often it's just neighbours grabbing a deity from each other without even copying all the aspects. And yeah, I agree that Paradox should go with generic English term for 'none of the above' instead.

We've got a Slavic pantheon cherry-picked, you meant. Even Rus Perun is accepted as a main deity only because sources mention other Slavs believing in some type of lightning-wielding dude being the top dog, which can just as well be caused by thunderstorms being pretty terrifying.

Slavs didn't spring from the Earth. What we know positively about the deities from written sources clearly points towards a standard Indo-European religion including the prominent position of the sky/thunder god. Slavs speciated very late, they were still speaking the same language around 900. It's hard to imagine there would be massive religious differences between people who were almost literally all second cousins.

I'm not talking about massive changes, but going from West to East you have competences swap freely between Veles, Sviatovid, Tryglav and Perun, with one or two of them even missing altogether, Polabian Slavs seemingly being most inventive in this aspect. My first post on that was unnecessary hyperbole, though, and I'll admit that.

Not sure if you gave me flashbacks from natural sciences or psychological courses, either way I am calling the police

Back
Top Bottom