Random Media v.4 (Comedy Optional, Interesting Optional)

How do you feel about Vraelomon?

• Long live The King.

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • I didn't vote for him.

Votes: 90 67.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I can appreciate the comedy but people in the CIA are still people. Don't know why we're suddenly not taking their humanity as seriously as any other branch.
The woman isn't putting out this video, the CIA are. I don't know who that woman is and I don't care, and for the most part neither does the video, because it's entitled "humans of the CIA" and is on the official CIA channel. So unless something radical has changed about PR in the last week, it's a public relations video, and they could have put literally anyone with any story in the video, because its aim is to make people think of the CIA in a better light, not the person.

It's the same as how authoritarian regimes will show the world how their leaders love to pat children on the head and play with dogs. Most sane people don't fall for it, but it provides an extra layer of protection for the organisation where people think "oh, Stalin is actually a real person I guess", and personal PR is much easier to manage than organisational PR.

If the video was on a channel called "Maria di Martina mommy blogging" and was a 30 minute rant on a webcam then your comment would make sense, but it's a clearly overproduced, unverified fluff piece of a video by a corporation. How you take it seriously as a reflection of her humanity kind of baffles me.

Last edited:
I don't care that it's partly PR, or what the intent behind it was as long as it has social value. The CIA does not derive its legitimacy from its likeability. What the CIA does and how much it is liked are completely separate things. If we care about the CIA not doing extrajudicial killings, we should care about structural, cultural, and legal change.

Literally who cares if it's done by a corporation or not. I thought it was touching and that you cannot relate or see the value because someone got paid to do it baffles me too.

Last edited:

I tried to broke my taken teeth(dead öne). I did it too easy. Even teeth is the strongest part human body..

But this child still there. Pretty interesting. Bones/teeth still there after 78000years.

I don't understand if you're serious. What is the supposed lie? What does the CIA gain from being liked? Is the CIA really even liked that much for putting out a fluffy ad?

The actual explanation is probably that the tone was a result of Biden's diversity friendly administration in one way or another. People just aren't thinking beyond their dislike for the CIA.

What does the CIA gain from being liked?
That's the correct question and you are smart enough to know the answer.
If you want to talk about mental health, don't use an advertisement (for a notorious organization) as some kind of an affirmation. Disengage from the CIA line and adopt a general context.

Do you take low budget romcoms and wholesome reddit posts seriously as well?
Ah I understand. Pivot aside, this is just the classic problem of overconfident leftists turned gamerbros because they don't understand social policy related stuff. We can go over the importance of models and how nothing about your personality is inherently your own. I figured you'd understand given you have a background in child psych iirc. Weird.

@MadVader
I don't see anything wrong with using ads that may have a profit-incentive or another type of incentive behind it to communicate valuable sentiments. The alternative is that no entity with ulterior motives can ever signal important sentiments, because everyone has self-interested goals. That's the real bizzare take to me.

Ah I understand. Pivot aside, this is just the classic problem of overconfident leftists turned gamerbros because they don't understand social policy related stuff. We can go over the importance of models and how nothing about your personality is inherently your own. I figured you'd understand given you have a background in child psych iirc. Weird.

What the hell are you talking about?

Jeezus ****, I feel like every thread in AG now is just Kurczak, Nega-Brutus (that's Rams, right?), and MadVader arguing about ****. And DijiTurk posting links to... whatever.

Back
Top Bottom