Random Media v.4 (Comedy Optional, Interesting Optional)

How do you feel about Vraelomon?

• Long live The King.

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • I didn't vote for him.

Votes: 90 67.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I haven't played much total war in a long time. Every time I start a campaign I'm like "wait a minute, my game is better than this" and alt+F4 to go work on Iron Chieftain.

Also, I would rather fry my gash on the surface of a Neutron Star than play even a nanosecond of Total War: Troy. I would rather be pegged with a 10,000 mile long radioactive dildo by Ben Shapiro than install a single bit of data from that game on my precious machine. I would rather be eaten alive by psychotic Animal Crossing gamer girls than watch one planck time of footage from that so-called "game".

Why so much hate against Total War: Troy specifically :lol:

Why not Thrones of Britannia, Total War: Warhammer or Total War: Three Kingdoms?

------

I did enjoy TW: Warhammer quite a bit, though the last historical TW I truly loved was Fall of the Samurai.

Why so much hate against Total War: Troy specifically :lol:

It just looks like trash. Thrones of Boomtannia was always going to be garbage, I mean it's impossible to make a good game set in the most boring period in human history, but Troy is just another level of insane visual design and pointless removals. Just looking at screenshots of it makes me want to kill myself with blunt scissors. And what an idiotic period of time to pick.

Fall of the samurai is also garbage. Blocked.

Spoken like a true hun, james. Why don't you savagely kill me just like Attila would, Attila Total W-...

Edit : I was writing and missed the last post >: ((

Double edit for content purpose :

Last edited:
It's just bomb simulator with some of the worst AI and worst art of any total war game.

I can't speak for the art department, I don't have your trained eye and I don't spot inconsistencies so easily :razz:

As for the explosions and deadliness of gunpowder, it made that game enjoyable for me because of how desperate battles became, and how costly mistakes were.

I especially remember loving a campaign I did where I forced myself to play without any gunpowder, as one of the shogunate factions, on legendary. It was extremely challenging to try and close in the distance with arrows and swords, ambushing around forests, etc.

The music was fantastic too.

As for the explosions and deadliness of gunpowder, it made that game enjoyable for me because of how desperate battles became, and how costly mistakes were.

Blocked.

I especially remember loving a campaign I did where I forced myself to play without any gunpowder, as one of the shogunate factions, on legendary. It was extremely challenging to try and close in the distance with arrows and swords, ambushing around forests, etc.

Blocked.

The music was fantastic too.

Blocked.

The music is one of the reasons I can't touch fots. I hate it. There is something about the meandering, aimless melodies Jeff van Dyck sometimes writes that makes my skin crawl. If someone is doing a let's play and either of these tracks comes up, I have to immediately mute the video or my day is ruined. I'm not exaggerating either, this is legitimately how I feel. I had to quickly copy the links to these to avoid me hearing anything through the headphones which are sitting on my desk.

The artwork is some of the worst I've seen in a professionally published game. It's truly horrible. In contrast, the artist they had for ROTS and the base game was excellent, it's some of the best imitation ukiyo-e I've ever seen:
genpei_inf_bow_attendants.png
genpei_cav_samurai_hero.png
samurai_inf_tetsubo_hero.png
samurai_inf_katana_samurai.png
Now compare that to this utter gutter gash.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

The AI is awful, it's literally just copypasted from the base game so the AI treats riflemen like archers and tries to bait shots from you or send one unit of riflemen to fight 3 of yours. Sieges are laughable, and it is practically impossible to lose a siege defense because the AI tries to attack your units with riflemen but can't get a good shot, and so it climbs up the walls and dies. It's a meme game at best, shockingly boring at worst.

Also this is the first game in the series where agent spam ruins the entire campaign. In the mid-late game the agents are more powerful than armies a lot of the time and the only way to stop them is to play the tedious agent game yourself. The AI cheats for agents even on the easiest difficulty to the point where 3 full stacks is less threatening to your plans than a single geisha.

It's a historical period I find really interesting but the game turns it into a silly "dumb traditional shogun vs modern westernised imperial faction" Last Samurai ripoff when it was more like the opposite at the start of the war. More people die in a single battle in FOTS than died in the entire Boshin War.

WE ARE READY TO DEFEND SIR

Last edited:
Never played the game, but that music is indeed terrible. Insulting, even, because finding proper Japanese music, traditional or modern(ized), that would fit such a game ain't that hard. That there is just dumb gaijin filth. The same stands for that early 80's low budget western cartoon "artwork".

The same stands for that early 80's low budget western cartoon "artwork".
Add money to the mix and you get Akira. Either the sarcasm is lost on me, or Japan´s extreme xenophobia is a cultural export.
Is the artwork a bit out of touch? Yes, but I'd say it´s an honest attempt by western creators to replicate the style of the era. Imagine Japanese artists trying to draw Disney.

An "honest attempt" would be the Shogun 2 (Base Game) art I linked directly above it. Maybe you opened the wrong spoiler or something, but this:

(Shogun 2 base game)

samurai_inf_tetsubo_hero.png

Is a million times better than this:

(FOTS)
unknown.png

There really isn't any excuse for art in any game to look this bad, let alone a multi-million dollar game made by a veteran developer.

A honest attempt is not enough without artistic talent or sense. The problem with those images is simply that they are ugly. And I bet there are plenty of Japanese artists who can draw proper Disney characters, although my guess is that Disney prefers to work with Chinese or Korean sweatshops because they are cheaper.

1 new post (that I can't even see because of the magnificient forum "upgrade")

I made this recently with GIMP, with a few printscreens I took while playing Bannerlord and people seemed to like it a LOT when I shared it on a few facebook groups, so I wanted to share it here as well.

Me-and-the-boys.png

Back
Top Bottom