Random Media v.4 (Comedy Optional, Interesting Optional)

How do you feel about Vraelomon?

• Long live The King.

Votes: 38 30.9%
  • I didn't vote for him.

Votes: 85 69.1%

• Total voters

Antonis

Marquis
WBWF&SVCNW
Best answers
Sucks for the man and all, but, man, that's an ugly as **** building. Reminds me a lot of public service buildings here.

Abraxium

Regular
Best answers
Are there any parliamentary buildings or other seats of government that are built in the Brutalist style? Would feel kinda dictatorship-y.

Abraxium

Regular
Best answers
God I ****ing love brutalism.

This was the old building of The Royal University of Architecture™. It burned down.

Bromden

Archduke
Best answers
Brutalism was simply called "building industry" back in the day. It was about how to build something without any sense of aesthetics and with concrete as the only available building material, around a time when wishing for something nice was taboo and could get you jail time or worse. But I guess it's an art style now.

Bromden

Archduke
Best answers
The only visible difference between a finished brutalist building and one where the construction was halted midway is the existence of windowpanes.

Cyborg Eastern European

Canis Mechanicus
Archduke
Best answers
You won't be laughing when you have to use one as a bunker once your country hits the fan! :razz:

But it still originated from a lack of imagination and abundance of concrete, right?
Technically, there was also a concurrent steel shortage, and a sudden onset appreciation of practicality.