Random Media v.4 (Comedy Optional, Interesting Optional)

How do you feel about Vraelomon?

• Long live The King.

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • I didn't vote for him.

Votes: 90 67.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe showing poor examples of buildings influenced by that one might underline how Boston City Hall succeeds:
iski_binasi.jpg

EUW946IXkAIcIf1

The fire started in the attic and burned down the majority of the building's wooden structure. Parts of the lower roof that were concrete were then blown up by the firemen in their attempt to extinguish the fire. This was made harder as the walls were clad with copper, a great conductor. This was in 2011, later, business such as a restaurant and a bakery would buy the lower floors. Today a great deal of it still stands, but vacant and with most of the lower sector in ruins and surrounding walls/gates missing. It was sold in June 2019 for 1,3 billion SEK. (120 Million EUR / 105 million GBP). Here's pictures from both sides. Notice the copper on the rear wall.
arkitekturskolan.jpg

78dd2bb2-c3d3-4baf-8021-cf05f8dca6ae

Oh, also. The city council of Stockholm marked it as of historical-cultural importance, parts of it has been restored but the fire damaged the condition of the brick and concrete walls. Good luck tearing it down

I have been awake since 3 AM, real corona hours, but I'll try my best in my current state to transliterate. Stockholm city museum.

I OKTOBER 2011 BLÅMÄRKTE Stockholms stadsmuseum byggnaden, vilket ger den ett starkt skydd mot rivning och förvanskning. Byggnadsantikvariens motiveringar var bland annat: ”Eftersom Arkitekturskolan väckt så mycket engagemang och känslor ända sedan den byggdes har huset stort kulturhistoriskt värde. Huset är ett uttryck för ett sökande efter ett slags urarkitektur som är äkta utan så mycket färg och påklistrade detaljer.” I slutrapporten från Mejan Arc/Restaurerings konst, Kungliga Konsthögskolan 2013 presenteras Arkitekturskolan som ett av tidens mest genomarbetade byggnads- verk, konsekvent utfört enligt sin tids arkitektoniska ideal med en självklar plats i den svenska arkitekturhistorien. Byggnaden sägs även ha ett stort samhällshistoriskt värde då den återspeglar det rådande samhällsklimatet vid tiden, såsom arkitektutbildningens förändrade fokus från empiriska studier till sociala frågor och idéerna om en demokratisk och ickehierarkisk skola.
In October of 2011, the Stockholm city museum blue-marked (highest ranking) the building,which gives it a strong protection against deconstruction and contamination. The building curator's motivation was that "Since the school has created such a great emotional involvement and feelings since its construction, it is of great importance in cultural history. The building is a search after a sort of primeval architecture, that is so pure, without as little colour as possible and added details." In the final report of Mejan Arc \ Restorational art (society) of the Royal University in 2013, the school is presented as one of the era's most thoroughly thought through and implemented construction works, executed according to its time's architectural ideals, with a clear place in the architectural history of Sweden. The building is also said to have a huge historical value for its time's changing societal climate, as architectural focus went from empirical studies to social issues and ideas of a democratic and non-hierarchical school.

Tldr ; Stockholmer sniffs swamp water, turns mad. This is what I've been saying all along, we should move the capital back to Uppsala or Sigtuna.

"The building is a search after a sort of primeval architecture, that is so pure, without as little colour as possible and added details."

By that logic abandoned hobo shacks are of historical-cultural importance too.

Back
Top Bottom