SP - General Random In-Game Event Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

1- "While you were passing a narrow pass, a rock fell on your men. You lost X men"

2- "Your (son, daughter, wife, brother, sister, companion) X died due to Y sickness"

3- (Happens when you're under 20 men) "You were passing from a nearby cave and encountered a grizzly bear and your men tried to kill it but it's thick hide didn't let the swords and spears in. Bear kills X of your men and leaves your party alone.

4- (Happens when you're under 15 men in the woods) "A wolf pack attacked you during night. While you were trying to figure out what's happening, the wolves dragged few of your men to dark woods. You have to decide
1-Send some men into the woods after wolves to save your men.
2- Do nothing, it could be dangereous (Group morale decreases by 40)

5- You've encountered a battlefield while passing a plain. X amount of soldiers is still alive but they're losing blood rapidly. You have to decide
1-Kill him to end his suffering
2- Help him and take him to your party (Requires 90 surgeon skills)

6-You've encountered a group of bandits raping women they captured from villages. You have to decide
1-Attack them (You will fight X amount of looters) (Renown increases)
2- Do nothing (Renown decreases)

7- (Happens when you run out of food) Your soldiers haven't eaten anything since two weeks and they now started to die. You have to do something.
1- Send a foraging party to search the area for food (They could be hunted by outlaws)
2- Do nothing and keep marching

8- (Happens when you haven't paid your troops salaries 6 or 7 times) A group of soldiers fed up with you and decided to put up a fight against you. Some of your men stayed loyal while some defected them. You have to decide
1- Persuade them that they will be paid (Requires 130 persuasion skill and you have to persuade the rebel captain)
2- Fight! (You have to fight a party that is larger two times than your party.)

9- A group of local prostitutes offered that they would pleasure your men for a cheap price. Your men were on march for months and they may need a relief. You have to decide
1-Pay for soldiers (Group morale increases by 40)
2- Let the soldiers pay for it (Group morale increases by 10)
3- Don't let such thing happen (Group morale decreases by 40)

10- You've found a horse while you were marching. You came nearby the horse and you seen that is no ordinary horse but a pure-blood. Horse liked you and let you pet itself. While you were petting it, a group of soldiers came. Seems like they are looking for the horse and has sigils of the X clan, you have to decide
1-Hide the horse (Requires 100 roguery skill)
2- (This decision pops-up when you have above 100 men) Tell the soldiers that you've adopted the horse and it's yours now. (Your relation with the X clan decreases by 20)
3- (This decision pops-up when you have less than 40 men) Put up a fight to keep the horse for yourself (Causes a declaration of war)
4- Give the horse (Your relation increases by 20 with X clan)

11- (This happens when the settlement you besieging has loyality has reached 0 ) When you were besieging X city,militia revolted against garrison and there is a fight happening inside. Militia managed to open the gates for you but majority of militia massacred since they're no professional soldiers but you managed to get inside from town gates and took the situation under control.
1- Let the people of X city choose their own king (A city state gets founded and your relation with the local population and their King increases by 50)
2-Take the city for yourself (No effect)

Last edited:
I don't like it.
The gameplay should be the main interest of the game, not "what random stuff is gonna happen today?".

Also, people don't just start dying when you run out of food. You can live without food for quite a while, u know.

Interesting, but I tend to find these types work better in true RPGs than a hybrid like BL. Having said that, I'd fully support campaign map events like Flooding Rivers, unseasonable weather effects, bountiful harvests etc effecting things.

I would rather resort to cannibalism
tenor.gif

I've seen you post quite a bit, and every time I was reluctant to do it, but I think it's time... You know there is a dedicated suggestion sub-forum you should use for these kinds of threads, right?

Having said that, I'd fully support campaign map events like Flooding Rivers, unseasonable weather effects, bountiful harvests etc effecting things.
Map event should be even cooler. There should be droughts aswell in certain places causing food prices to go mad high.

Upgraded number 5 btw

Many of them are just annoying RNG crap. What fun is it? Just frustrating. Should they be positive and just give you things, it would be boring too.

But events that can be categorised as "opportunities" is nice. Events that has one or two flavourfull tradeof - options(with a good/bad/neutral each with outcome-chance based on party and skills) and - very important- an option "Do nothing(No effect)".

BTW, 10:3 sounds very situationel. Both you and the faction owning the horse must be factionleader. And... Who declares war over a horse(despite it beeing a pure blood...) Seems to incite to abuse to me. No player would take the war unless he was about to take one anyway. Getting it as a defensive war and a freaking Pureblood for it..!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom