Need More Info Random Crashes and Corrupted Files on PS4

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number

Kalenor

Recruit
Summary:From time to time the game randomly crash, and my save gets corrupted. The first time i was exiting the encyclopedia,the screen froze, and the game close. The second time i click to talk with some looters, same thing happen. Both times my files got corrupted, almost 100 hours gone, please help
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Temp work around for myself that works has been to make 2 manual "save as" files every once in awhile. 1 wont get overwritten the next time you quicksave so it dont get corrupted. Over time just delete old ones to not clutter everything. Or when you log out. Make a new manual save or 2. Then delete the current autosaves. The next time the game autosaves they will be new fresh saves. So should be safe. Least till they fix things.

With the latest v1.0.3 update, we have sent some fixes related to this issue. Could you update your game and report to us if you are still experiencing this issue?
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that caused a save to get corrupted when overwriting save files. Old saves might still be corrupted when overwriting (this includes auto-save), so make sure to create a new save file (choose "save as") for any existing saves that you want to safeguard.
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that prevented the deletion of corrupted save files.
  • [PS4] Reduced the save file limit from 32 to 16 to allow for larger files without corruption.
    • If you have more than 16 save files, this will not delete your files. It will only prevent you from creating new files until you are below 16 again. You can overwrite all existing files.

Back
Top Bottom