Resolved Random crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: So i have had this issue since i believe 1.5 was released(it happens on the most on recent beta branch 1.7). Whenever i get into a battle my settings on max(battle size unrelated it happens on all) every now and then(bout 2 or 3 times a day over a 4-6 hour gaming stretch) My game will crash. It seems to happen when the infantry lines crash into each other or if a siege engines projectile hits a wrong spot on a wall or a large amount of arrows hit a target. Its infuriating for me because i seriously enjoy mount and blade, especially Bannerlord and the biggest thing for me about it was the extreme battle sizes and how great they looked. I bought my PC specifically to be able to run it at max settings. I upload my crash report every single time. I do not have a copy paste of it at the moment but next time it happens ill be sure to do so. I have not found any reports of this across the forums since its first occurrence
How to Reproduce: not sure if i can its random
Have you used cheats and if so which: none
Scene Name (if related): multiple scenes
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: rtx 3090
GPU Driver Version: most recent as of post (nvidia 479.29 12/20/21)
CPU: ryzen 5950x
RAM: 64 gb of 3600 mhz DDR4
Motherboard: MSI GODLIKE X570
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): samsung 980 pro 1 tb

Hey, i will inform the devs about the issue. Meanwhile, can you please have a look at our crash checklist and common issues to see if any of the steps in there helps with the issue. Please let me know if the issue is persistent after completing the steps.

Hey, i will inform the devs about the issue. Meanwhile, can you please have a look at our crash checklist and common issues to see if any of the steps in there helps with the issue. Please let me know if the issue is persistent after completing the steps.
I went through the checklist and commons issues before posting and nothing seemed to fix it as the same day as checking everying thing it crashed again. thank you

2021-12-26_05.36.22_1b2ff7630f98f7ff76f5380adb13f644
that is the crash identifier and here are the exceptions i got

bannerlord config .txt
bannerlord game keys.xml
crash_tags.txt
dump.dmp
engine_config.txt
launcherdata.txt
module_list.txt
MPdefault perks
newsfeedconfig.xml
rgl log 14380
save009.sav
stack.txt
user_config.txt

Hey, after checking the Cash ID, can you please make sure to manually delete all the mod files, verfiying the integrity of the game and try to reproduce the issue on a new campaign? I can see from the crash id that there are multiple mods installed. If the issue is persistent please try a clean install and let me know of the result.

Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II BannerlordNote: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom