Rambo should always be a part of captain to an extent

Users who are viewing this thread

I have no issues with Skirmish teams doing well in the league, I see no reason to exclude anybody (except HV) and I'm actually really happy to see members from skirmish clans enjoying themselves in the competition. I've already stated time and time again I will not impose artificial restrictions on ramboing, if Taleworlds wants to "fix" or adjust the game mechanics that's their decision. Which seems to be the direction they are going in based on the feedback we got from AVRC and the other devs once they had a chance to play in some organized matches against players that used rambo tactics against them, they weren't very happy with how effective it was as they have stated in their eyes it's "Not in the spirit of the gamemode" that fits their vision. Who knows what they will ultimately decide to do to remedy this, but i'm curious to see the "long list of changes" that they have intended for the mode, hopefully expanding on improving ai, making more classes viable, and increasing the tactical depth of captain mode so people can enjoy it more.

I really hope that TW will remove the cavalry parking and the whole rambo mode in general. I played this mode for a long time and I know what I'm talking about, rambo breaks the foundations of captain mode. I think a lot of people will want to play this mode again after rambo is removed.

I really hope that TW will remove the cavalry parking and the whole rambo mode in general. I played this mode for a long time and I know what I'm talking about, rambo breaks the foundations of captain mode. I think a lot of people will want to play this mode again after rambo is removed.
Agree.

I really don't understand the perspective of those who think ramboing shouldnt be removed. What meaningful gameplay element does ramboing provide that captain mode as a game mode fundamentally needs? I haven't really played since the beta but the captain mode i remember was about troop placement and team work, not parking ur units somewhere and then going ham on ur own.
Admittedly it is pretty funny and I'm glad some people enjoy it, but the majority of people who play the game mode are against it, and despite what the game incentivizes mechanically the devs clearly weren't intending on it becoming a major aspect of the gameplay.
So whatever fixes need to be done to remove it should be done. I personally dont care whether its the tether or the increased respawn speed or decreased damage or whatnot.

Just make two or more devisions (ranked) so to tighten the huuuuge skill gap between recruit nad veteran players.

For solo playing (not in premade/clan teams) every time is a russian roulette - you can lose just because you are matched with some dudes who decided to walk across the battlefield in shieldwall, can't protect their units from Rambos or think they are glorious knights despite their negative contribution to the team and continue to play Cav every round.

I really don't understand the perspective of those who think ramboing shouldnt be removed. What meaningful gameplay element does ramboing provide that captain mode as a game mode fundamentally needs? I haven't really played since the beta but the captain mode i remember was about troop placement and team work, not parking ur units somewhere and then going ham on ur own.
Admittedly it is pretty funny and I'm glad some people enjoy it, but the majority of people who play the game mode are against it, and despite what the game incentivizes mechanically the devs clearly weren't intending on it becoming a major aspect of the gameplay.
So whatever fixes need to be done to remove it should be done. I personally dont care whether its the tether or the increased respawn speed or decreased damage or whatnot.
They don't actually care. Its just trolls who are salty about NA skirm being dead so they throw a tantrum and try to ruin the rest of the gamemodes.

It doesn't really matter anyway. TW are also really salty after they got 3-0'd by rambo players in captain league, so they are explicitly anti-rambo now. But some players are worried they might go too far and turn the game into essentially third person total war (which nobody wants). The question is not whether or not rambo should be removed, but how it should be removed.

They don't actually care. Its just trolls who are salty about NA skirm being dead so they throw a tantrum and try to ruin the rest of the gamemodes.

It doesn't really matter anyway. TW are also really salty after they got 3-0'd by rambo players in captain league, so they are explicitly anti-rambo now. But some players are worried they might go too far and turn the game into essentially third person total war (which nobody wants). The question is not whether or not rambo should be removed, but how it should be removed.
Ah I see. I haven't been on the forums for nearly a year so I wasn't aware of the details. I think its pretty brilliant that these skirmish players were able to point out a glaring hole in the game mode. And now that the devs are aware of it I'm sure they'll fix it eventually. No matter how much trial and error it takes.
I'm personally in favor of the reduced damage output for cav when ur troops r too far from u, so that you can still scout and cap on ur own but you cant just rambo an entire team.

Your title contradicts your post? You think Rambo should stay but then explain why it should be nerfed.

At this stage captain mode should just become <snip> @AxiosXiphos generals mode idea. You can easily wipe out 20 troops by yourself without compromising your squad but try wiping out an entire 200 man army without losing the bulk of yours in the meanwhile.

Captains mode is a cute idea but ultimately it’s always going to be ****ed by rambo IMO.

EDIT: Also I hate to say I told you so. Everytime I brought up how “ramboing” is bull****, it was the “competitive” captain mode players who jumped up to defend it. Incredibly sweet karma to see you all now realise you are very small fish compared to the truly skilled players of the game.

EDIT2: Here is a perfect example of how silly it’s getting :lol: video
lmaao. was looking how MP was going in this game. I see the video you posted.
so MP is still just using glaive on horseback. Like one year ago. even though so many people have pointed it out.
Can I join the next BL tournament. I'm noob but give me that glaive and I will have 3 k/d ratio.

Bro we were invited, and we found a strat that works to our strengths, no tantrum no troll, except the 6 cav memes that i make those are my children. We arent ruining the gamemode were exposing it for all its flaws.

It's trolls who are salty that they ruined your favorite game mode, typed "lol" in chat, got reported by you and temporarily muted/banned because of you.

Bro we were invited, and we found a strat that works to our strengths, no tantrum no troll, except the 6 cav memes that i make those are my children. We arent ruining the gamemode were exposing it for all its flaws.
I'm not specifically referring to the skirmish clans like APE or DM who rambo in the captain tournament. I think thats fine, and agree that its a flaw with the gamemode not the players. I'm more referring to people who's only argument in these threads is "get gud", since its obviously baiting and derailing sincere feedback. If people have actual arguments for making the gamemode centered around rambo, I'd love to see those instead of the vitriol and hostility that seems to be present in every captain mode thread.

yeah I'm salty about rambo, but even if they nerf it, not sure I'd come back to captains,it got boring and the only thing keeping me attached was my urge to kill parked cav

A bunch of players who don't play captain (or even have bannerlord installed) telling TW how to make captain is weird. How does captain impact you in any way?

If the mode is broken and a single strategy is the dominant strategy then the mode is still broken. Rambo's bad for the league and bad for pub games. Keeping it in the game is pointless and NW Commander Battle fixed this issue years ago.

At one time I believed that Skirmish teams didn't have a chance at Captains because they understood the meta more than Skirmish teams, despite lacking the individual skill. Back then, several months ago I was right because there was a greater depth of strategy to Captains mode.

Right now the problem is that there is no depth to the range of captains mode strategy. It is an inf mosh pit of spam, and because a lot of matchups are SUPER close with bots, of course players with better mechanics (skirmish players) would be superior in captains mode.
I believe (and I'm sure some people agree and disagree) that the reduction of strategy is actually a direct result of the fact that most players are expecting that 2 - 4 players on any side in the match are going to be Ramboing with the exception of extremely cav unfriendly maps (hillfort)

There was a sweet spot in the cycle of updates that saw a boost to archers potential... This boost meant that all of a sudden the strategy deepened a lot because they were a bit more viable again and 2h units became a little more risky to meta because archers were about.. it's probably fair to say archers are probably the defining unit that enriches an armies strategy more than anything else in captains mode. They completely change the way an army begins to play in both attack and defence... Unfortunately this update came around the same time as the frequency of Ramboing started to get crazy and really out of hand.. Which almost immediately meant archers were too great a risk and once again the inf ball returns to power.

Cav have always been the unit to help your infantry close the distance when they are charging, the strategy of cav used to be about timing the charge... To early and you lose too many horses, to late and your army has been hammered with arrows during the charge, just right and it's a defining moment in the fight. It was a great trade off and made the cav an extremely important role in some army makeups. Having a single cav player able to ride in alone and kill an entire unit of archers sometimes in 20 seconds with next to no risk of losing even a few units has really unbalanced their position in the army and had also made choosing units like archers something that most people won't do... Which of course as you pointed out leads to the inevitable inf ball.

I know you disagree with the cav v archers thing as you mentioned in the other thread about you finding it easy to shoot the rambos attacking your archers, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the case for 95% of the player base... Especially not the case for poor old 250 ping (at best) me :smile:

Back
Top Bottom