Rambo should always be a part of captain to an extent

Users who are viewing this thread

If you increase the number of horse units then you need to increase the number of all units to balance it out, otherwise there's no point in taking anything besides cav. Increasing the number of units would certainly lessen the effect rambo to an extent, since it takes time to kill bots by yourself. However, I doubt TW is considering this due to performance issues and wanting to keep the gamemode accessible to all players. Currently the lowest population setting for battles is 100 v 100, and the max number of units that one team can bring is around 120. Cav AI would also have a higher performance cost than regular units.

We have seen the reaction to making the player slower (slow bug) and its not good. Restricting player mobility will always make the game less fun.l

wtf are you talking about LMAO, no one is talking about making the player slower, learn to read, I said making the AI the same speed as the player, currently they are slower than the player, and I am talking more about cavalry than infantry

Captain mode is a joke. I've watched a few streams from the PoV of the "seasoned veterans", and it baffles me how even they often cannot predict the outcome of an AI stack facing another. Imagine wanting to compete on a gamemode where the outcomes of "honest" matches are centered around the AI code of its respective game version. Then have the audacity to cry because people play around said broken AI and use their individual skill to win.

Why can't they just remove the ability to respawn from your remaining units. It is supposed to be captain mod not skirmish with extra lives lol. It baffled me, when I first played Captains mode, that you could just respawn if you had units still alive. They could make it so Captain players could customize their captain player so their player is unique compared to the units that are commanded (better armor/weapons and a horse if you want it)

Taleworlds should have spent some time of the last 9(?) years to bring up a coop campaing. If they did, no one would play this meme mode. Captain is a competitiv mode for people who dont want to play competitive - no sense made. You cant balance this out because the idea is crap from the start.

Only solution to keep your safe space is to keep the competitiv players out of your mode. Why did you even except skirmish teams to a tournament when it's obvious they just want to troll you?

Only solution to keep your safe space is to keep the competitiv players out of your mode. Why did you even except skirmish teams to a tournament when it's obvious they just want to troll you?
They thought they could beat them unironically and now they are complaining about the meta after they got clapped

Taleworlds should have spent some time of the last 9(?) years to bring up a coop campaing.
they said long ago that they won't do it because it can't be implemented in a "fun way" (what to do with time when someone enters a town and the otheris traveling and those stuff).
and that a mod could do it.

they said long ago that they won't do it because it can't be implemented in a "fun way" (what to do with time when someone enters a town and the otheris traveling and those stuff).
and that a mod could do it.
More likely it would take too much time/resources. GIven the time and size of the team working on the co-op mod I am inclined to agree. I'd love co-op but there are many more important things which need worked on first.

I honestly love what Ling and the Captain's league are doing and for those Captain teams it's a shame that the mode get's neglected.
This.

But also
Just block skirmish players out of your league or learn to block lol. Or focus their idle bots while they're busy killing you alone
This.

They thought they could beat them unironically and now they are complaining about the meta after they got clapped
Interesting, meta is meta, if you follow it, you produce results, so DM did that + can fight and play the core mechanics of the game proper.
I see a clear winner decided, also it's very unfortunate that the competitiveness of Captain Mode is partially disproved by this and it's coming again down to combat effectiveness of the single player.

No AI improvement will fix the underlying core issue that the skirmish player is taking down 5-10++ bots while the captain mode player takes down (I'm speculating tbh, I have no idea) 2-5.

At one time I believed that Skirmish teams didn't have a chance at Captains because they understood the meta more than Skirmish teams, despite lacking the individual skill. Back then, several months ago I was right because there was a greater depth of strategy to Captains mode.

Right now the problem is that there is no depth to the range of captains mode strategy. It is an inf mosh pit of spam, and because a lot of matchups are SUPER close with bots, of course players with better mechanics (skirmish players) would be superior in captains mode.

Props to Melon for seeing this opportunity and learning the Captain's mode meta very quickly to absolutely go in and demolish the longstanding Captains mode teams. What this proves is that Captain's Mode as a gamemode does not have a high-skill ceiling in terms of strategy, and there should be greater depth of strategic options and counters in order to create this skill ceiling so that top level Captain's mode players dont get absolutely curbstomped by superior mechanically skilled Skirmish players. Sad!
Well said. I mean well sad. Sad!

I still contend a major portion of this was nerfing Formations to hell. This was a mistake and needs to be undone. You worked hard on the formations, just let us use the damn things.

1. Increase spawn time based on distance to nearest bot. If you are half the map away - add additional time onto the respawn clock.
I've suggested this so many times I've lost count. It is the best solution that does not modify mechanics in any game-changing ways. It rewards Captains for staying with their troops without breaking it for people who don't.

If you combined this with the "Overwhelming Odds Multiplier", and even slightly pumped up unit counts, we could stop having this conversation every week. Plz Taleworlds, plz.

It feels like this is all we've talked about on this damn forum for 9 months, since the "Menav Age" ended.

Last edited:
Why can't they just remove the ability to respawn from your remaining units. It is supposed to be captain mod not skirmish with extra lives lol. It baffled me, when I first played Captains mode, that you could just respawn if you had units still alive.
This is an option in the Napoleonic Wars Captain mode. I like it, it raises the tension quite a lot, but I don't think it should be the only mode. Maybe 10 bots ought to be able to shoot a single moving target out of the saddle.
No AI improvement will fix the underlying core issue that the skirmish player is taking down 5-10++ bots while the captain mode player takes down (I'm speculating tbh, I have no idea) 2-5.
Being good at the game isn't the problem. Its hiding your bots and attacking the other player alone. Which is cheap and makes the game take about 5 times longer than it would be if you attacked as a unit. If these guys are so good, they ought to be able to win without resorting to a well-known Captain mode exploit that would have got them vote-kicked 10 years ago.

It seems like people have a hard time understanding what captain mode is supposed to be. This is what TW intended:

"combine individual player skill with teamwork and tactical prowess to succeed"

"ultimately it is better tactics and teamwork which will determine the winner"

So from this video, we can see that individual skill i.e. "rambo" has a place in the game, however it should not be the sole decider of who wins.
I don't see why players should expect anything different from this description to be the goal of balancing.

Back
Top Bottom