Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

cheekycheeks

Recruit
Summary:Ram leak(24.5GB usage) causing crashes. Family members no longer have children.
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which:No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:4090
GPU Driver Version:531.41(Crashes happened before the update as well)
CPU:13900k
RAM:32GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):SSD

Late game with main character in his 70's, Family members(not main character) no longer have children and they are in the same city with the virile trait. I have even spread them out.

PC Ram a ram leak is causing crashes every couple of hours or less. Bannerlord alone is using 24.5GB of ram is being used when it crashes.

How long were you playing when you experienced this memory leak?
What were you doing before the memory leak? We need to reproduce this on our own and we need step by step how you managed it.
How many children are in the clan? Every child decreases the chance of having a new child.

PC Ram Leak:I'd say between 2-4 hours occasionally it's a bit longer. If I had chrome or something opened in the background it was a shorter amount of time before it maxed out the Ram, so it would also probably matter on how much Ram is on the PC itself.

There are 72 members of the clan. Only 2 are under the age of 18. I'm aware that each one can only have so many children are you saying there's a max Clan size and then you start to not have any children by any members? For instance Niasen's grandson Soroch has been married to Marena since 18 or 19 and both are in a town and both have virile traits have had 0 childeren. Same can be said for each of the grand children sets.

Would love to hear if there is a max Clan size till the game just sterilizes the family members.

It does seem directly to do with my Clan as daughters married off are having children. It seems odd to have the clan stop having children if theres a steam achievement around it.

I'm having the same issue, around 40 clan members, have 5 different couples between 20 and 30 in the same settlements, no pregnancies now for years, some of these couples haven't had any kids yet

Last edited:
I'm in this same boat too, and its very frustrating. I recently created a trial save and retired everyone (over 70 members) except two married characters, both age 19. Waited in town for a very long time with no pregnancy. Taleworlds, I love this game, but please seriously consider fixing this in a future patch. I understand clan member limits, but clans inevitably unable to reproduce ruins all dynasty themed playthroughs. Role playing this game truly shines, and it really bothers me that I sunk so many hours into leveling up about 70ish characters only to find out that everyone is now sterile and my clan is destined to remain childless.

Same boat, it happens at random. Sometimes launching the game, loading a map/mp server, leaving game, and launching it again helps for some time, but sometimes all goes well and suddenly Bannerlord starts eating up RAM until it crashes cause there is no more RAM to use.

It can happen an 5, 10, 15 or 60 minutes after launching a game, but more often the problem shows up within first 15 minutes be it single or multiplayer.

Same issue with children.
My grandchildren are not procreating.
They are all married, young (18-25-ish), fertile (have the virile perk), in the same town. Yet NONE of them are having babies. It's been years and still no buns in the ovens.

While I appreciate the effort you have put into recent improvements, I would much rather you fix existing problems first. There is so much to love about this game, but this really ruins any endgame dynasty play-throughs. Please address this TW. It is kind of big deal.

Every child decreases the chance of having a new child.
Can we get some clarification on this? Do you mean every child decreases the chances of pregnancy for individual members, or clan-wide? In other words, is there a limit to the number of children the clan as a whole can have, or a limit on the number any given individual can have?

And for the record when I say "children" I do not mean minors, all my grandkids are adults, married, and fertile, and have NO kids at all of their own. Yet, none of them are getting pregnant.

To devs : remove 'hidden' clan member limit or anything else that has exact same effect!!! this killed the entire interest for the game. Very frustrating. I'm not going to play the game until the devs fix this problem!!!

Back
Top Bottom