Raise the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

awetzel

Recruit
I have made it no secret that i'm upset about the delay. However, If the delay is necessary in order to create what i believe will rock the Mount and Blade series than I ask that you break the bank on this one. If its going to be a premier game, and I know you have been very price friendly in the past. You need to make some good money expand your company and keep making great games. This might sound odd but i would rather pay the extra money into a developer I can trust for a great game then to pay less for a great game that doesn't make enough money to stay alive. I guess its the old monthly subscription thing in MMO's If its got good backing I'll pay the monthly because I need that guarantee it'll be there tomorrow.

Uhm, no. And i'm glad you don't decide this at TW :wink:

Go work at EA :wink:

It's a terrible idea to ask for a monthly payment only to play a game, it's a single player game, not a newspaper or phone contract. If you want to pay monthly, go ahead and send TW money every month (i'm sure they won't complain :wink:  ) but asking to raise the price while there is none known to begin with, or for them to make it a monthly thing is just uhm.. not smart imo. I'm sure if TW would do that, they would sell less then if they would not do that and made a good PR campaign for the release of the game.

No monthly subscription please. One time purchase price is good enough.
I just hope that taleworlds releases game for Mac as well at the time of release.

A monthly subscription would be a bad idea since many players play M&B SP only. However, a price rise is a MUST.

Tale Worlds has no competition! What they're doing is creative and unique. They are certainly working hard and are restless with ideas.
The only problem is that a medieval RPG RTS FPS build-a-castle wield-a-sword kind of game is NOT MAINSTREAM!
We are only a subsegment of the market buying a niche game that only we enjoy. There is not a lot of us and for this to be an even bigger game, M&B needs to cost more.
A lot of other companies made great games, but then made them mainstream just to earn more (look at WoW! I couldn't play after the Cata expansion, it's just too dumbed-down).

Personally, I have always dreamed of a game such as M&B and when I found out about it, I was thrilled. I completely understand that TW is not a big company and that games take time, but if the Bannelord revenue could speed up the process of creating a sequel or employ additional senior programmers for engine development or an army of artists that would move the game even further, I would be happy to pay for it. Furthermore, I think that a higher price wouldn't lose a lot of customers since this is a game that comes out once in a decade :grin:.

So your idea by helping the genre stop being a niche and get new players into the game is to raise the price point?

:facepalm:

Rainbow Dash said:
So your idea by helping the genre stop being a niche and get new players into the game is to raise the price point?

Why do I get the feeling whenever I read your posts that you're a 15 y old kid living of your mom?

"Please, no increase cost. Mom will say no"

anton195 said:
Rainbow Dash said:

Why do I get the feeling whenever I read your posts that you're a 15 y old kid living of your mom?

"Please, no increase cost. Mom will say no"
He has a point, Mount and Blade is not a super mainstream game series so people won't be as willing to pay full price for it over another bigger title.

He's suggesting to increase the price for the game if it necessary to release it faster.

Maybe that's what i understand from him.

Oh and your English is ok  :grin:

"He's suggesting to increase the price for the game if it necessary to release it faster." No he doesn't. He wants to ensure that TW will be bigger company by increasing the price.

I believe when Bannerlord comes out, it will be around €40, which is a reasonable price for a company like Taleworlds (because they are not so well-known). If they decide to sell it for €60, the number of potential customers would also fall. Now I talk about the broad range of potential gamers, not the fellow Mount&Blade fanboys :grin: .A relatively high price requires (amongst many) an expensive marketing strategy and a powerful name/brand. In case the release would result in a "blockbuster", Taleworlds can easily achieve the same as CD Projekt Red accomplished with their infamous monster-slaying game. I think a good strategy for expanding the company would be to focus on the DLC-s and implement a more advanced mod-supporting system after finishing Bannerlord.
It is true that the company is unique in its scope but competitors would enter the market when they realise that there is a high demand for this kind of games. To sum up, an unusually high price would not really bring success and fame for the company.

What about Kingdom Come, Deliverence? It's over €50 and seems to be selling pretty well. Small company, medieval, low fantasy... sounds familiar, no?

Back
Top Bottom