Raider

Users who are viewing this thread

raider.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Sturgia Raider in this thread.

!) I ask you to consider providing them with weapons that will enable them to become a universal class (infantry / cavalry).

This category of cavalry cannot be separate and independent (their development only in the form of cavalry, mainly with spears, makes it clear their "secondary" and helplessness).

They are a weak class (the whole type of class).

Weak horses and equipment (based on the use of spears only).

After falling from a horse it is impossible to defend oneself (there are no self-defense weapons for this class). Shields and swords (one-handed axes) are not provided for this class. In a skirmish or in a captain, the whole type of this class does not make sense.

Last edited:
With the introduction of the Looted Horse perk, would it be possible to have camels in the randomization pool? I feel like this would be a welcome buff as those guys seem much more maneuverable and less prone to getting reared by the environment.

!) I ask you to consider providing them with weapons that will enable them to become a universal class (infantry / cavalry).

This category of cavalry cannot be separate and independent (their development only in the form of cavalry, mainly with spears, makes it clear their "secondary" and helplessness).

They are a weak class (the whole type of class).

Weak horses and equipment (based on the use of spears only).

After falling from a horse it is impossible to defend oneself (there are no self-defense weapons for this class). Shields and swords (one-handed axes) are not provided for this class. In a skirmish or in a captain, the whole type of this class does not make sense.

It would be fun to have a light cavalry that was intended as a "Mounted Infantry", who would use their mobility to get to locations and then dismount to actually fight, or a cavalry that is intended to be viable after being dismounted. I don't think it would work conceptually, unless you could turn around in insta-gib your horse somehow, lol.

You guys know that 1.5.7 raider can reroll and pick any horse, right?
I feel like the Looted Horse perk could be buffed further so as to include Aserai camels.

As i've mentioned earlier, Sturgia's kind of the worst faction in the game and even though the Raider's one of the few good units in the game, they still need to compete against Coursers, Vanguards and Beduins.

They both fulfill the same role, methinks. Spear that can't be used in tandem with a shield but can still be worn on horseback?
I mean cultural thing, Kontos is greek/byzantine (empire) word for every triangular-shaped metalhead spear, and i suppose Sturga (based on Russia) should not have greek names of weapons (at least it should sound like a "Kopie" or smth)
At overall devs were too lazy to rename this perk from cataphract so they just moved it without renaming it into raider at EA launch, not a big deal but it is not a big deal to rename it too.

I mean cultural thing, Kontos is greek/byzantine (empire) word for every triangular-shaped metalhead spear, and i suppose Sturga (based on Russia) should not have greek names of weapons (at least it should sound like a "Kopie" or smth)
At overall devs were too lazy to rename this perk from cataphract so they just moved it without renaming it into raider at EA launch, not a big deal but it is not a big deal to rename it too.
Maybe it is a looted weapon, that is why its called kontos, cus you know Sturgia?
Just an idea.

Back
Top Bottom