MP Raid Royale - Game Mode Suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

I actually suggested this a while ago - but I wanted to create its own thread so that we can discuss it and/or dismiss it.

I know, some of you really hate Battle Royale mod. I'm not much of a fan either, but I think it's good for catching the trend. And it could be fun.
Since nearly all games are trying Battle Royale solutions - we can have "Raid Royale"

How?
Well, we all know how Battle Royale works. Even if you don't like it, you know it. However, Bannerlord version should be slightly different because of the era.

Raid Direction Spanwpoints

Unlike other battle royales, you can't jump from a flying something to spawn in the map in Bannerlord because of the obvious reasons.
fm8gUC.jpg

(Since I'm lazy I didn't draw all directions)​
Once the player selects his direction point, he will start on a boat with simple armor and perhaps a dagger. The boat will move at a normal velocity with direction to shore. This might sound weird for some players but you guys actually have a similar mechanic in the game since from Beta - and even used by some modders to have fun

Map
Map design can be anything in this case as long as it's an island-like structure.

iJR5k3.jpg

It could be good to add some wrecked ships on shore - where you will also scatter the random items that players will pick up to fight. For armors there could be some chests ( rather than pillaging corpses ) - preferably in ships or buildings(or next to buildings) so that people will be encouraged to go inner land where they can find ruins.

Forcing Players
As in all Battle Royales, it's crucial to force players move and avoid waiting in one location for hours. So map has to shrink to force users to move closer and fight. For that, you also have the system already included - which is that red-circle area in the all battle maps where you have several seconds to go back to map.

Zkq63W.jpg

Simply select a location in "available" location terrain coordinates. Create an availability zone and update the red circle you have in the game already. Any user outside the map will be forced to go inside available zone before time runs out.​

Game Mechanics
Well, I think it's no different than Free-for-All / Deathmatch in essence. So I don't think there is anything that can confuse players in this sense.

Why?
- Could be fun.
- Shouldn't be rocket science to implement since underlying systems are already in the game
- MTX's and potential profit. Yes, you heard it right. Taleworlds can change this into something where you can buy stuff ( skins etc ) If microtransactions going to happen - I would prefer to have them in such game modes rather than normal game.

the zone being just a red circle is a bit off-putting imho, for example we had a gas cloud in H1Z1 or a firestorm in Battlefield 5. These can make sense, however in a medieval game it should be something more immersive. I don't know what it can be, an army with shield walls? catapults from ships throw things at you when you go out of the safe zone?

the zone being just a red circle is a bit off-putting imho, for example we had a gas cloud in H1Z1 or a firestorm in Battlefield 5. These can make sense, however in a medieval game it should be something more immersive.
It can be something like fire circle perhaps. But when you look at it in this way, we also have the more or less same stuff in normal game modes as well. Like, in Captain Mode, boundaries are also not immersive. And in CSGO there is no "immersiveness" too - it's simply collapsing and changing color.
I think if they ever decide to implement this game mode, based on popularity, they can change the cosmetics. But it's not something concerning me since it has no direct influence over gameplay

It can be something like fire circle perhaps. But when you look at it in this way, we also have the more or less same stuff in normal game modes as well. Like, in Captain Mode, boundaries are also not immersive. And in CSGO there is no "immersiveness" too - it's simply collapsing and changing color.
I think if they ever decide to implement this game mode, based on popularity, they can change the cosmetics. But it's not something concerning me since it has no direct influence over gameplay
yeah it's only a visual thing, fire circle can be good but the overall optimization is already terrible so they will have to work hard on optimization. Just a red circle would work too.

As a gameplay suggestion, why not make it a true battle royale and make players start naked and add random loot to the island lol, I guess you want a more skill-based mode

As a gameplay suggestion, why not make it a true battle royale and make players start naked and add random loot to the island lol, I guess you want a more skill-based mode
Naked punching could be really strange in Bannerlord I think. I would prefer to see people start with basic equipment, it also makes sense with the raid royale name since you don't go raid with your bare hands :smile:

I am not a lover of the battle royale mode; although it is true that it is a fashion that has gained followers, its implementation in Bannerlord has little depth in my eyes. This type of BR mode, as many others we have commented, would be interesting in a Gladiator/Coliseum mode. But of course, we wouldn't be going much further than the free for all experience.

That said Bloc, this time I am not buying you this mode ?; but I am going to put my 2 cents to build some feedback.

I like the idea of Raid and I like that kind of map (could work with indoor maps with the same concept). More than the BR mode for me in this scenario would work a "catch the flag" mode.

Context (island map):

Two teams A and B + a settlement like a small village full of civilians (number of autonomous bots with basic functions).
Each team lands on one side of the island or spawns on the shore with a prop boat parked/arrived in the sand.

The main objective is to obtain "the loot bag or treasure chest" (the flag concept) which is hidden at a point each random match and brought back to the boat. But of course, both teams want the loot; it's time to unleash the chaos. The civilians seeing the groups of raiders will run scared trying to save their lives, this will make the chaos bigger while the teams of raiders annihilate each other.

In short, a classic "flag grabbing" mode of raid makeup in the style of "Less talking! More raiding!". To twist more the curl, you could incorporate the idea of the "destroyable case" of this game, Goldeneye.

The case with an initial amount of money X, each time it falls from the carrier who takes it is losing a sum -Y. A mode 8vs8 / 12vs/12 / 16vs16 / to three rounds where the gold obtained from each wave and the counted deaths are boned.

This mode could be easily applicable from island maps, coastal settlements, to inland and cities.
It would also be interesting in my opinion, to have a good volume of bots; I imagine the same numbers as in the captain mode f.e. With basic functions maybe more volume.

In my head it's fun

Context (island map):
Two teams A and B + a settlement like a small village full of civilians (number of autonomous bots with basic functions).
Each team lands on one side of the island or spawns on the shore with a prop boat parked/arrived in the sand.
The main objective is to obtain "the loot bag or treasure chest" (the flag concept) which is hidden at a point each random match and brought back to the boat. But of course, both teams want the loot; it's time to unleash the chaos. The civilians seeing the groups of raiders will run scared trying to save their lives, this will make the chaos bigger while the teams of raiders annihilate each other.
In short, a classic "flag grabbing" mode of raid makeup in the style of "Less talking! More raiding!". To twist more the curl, you could incorporate the idea of the "destroyable case" of this game, Goldeneye.
The case with an initial amount of money X, each time it falls from the carrier who takes it is losing a sum -Y. A mode 8vs8 / 12vs/12 / 16vs16 / to three rounds where the gold obtained from each wave and the counted deaths are boned.
This mode could be easily applicable from island maps, coastal settlements, to inland and cities.
It would also be interesting in my opinion, to have a good volume of bots; I imagine the same numbers as in the captain mode f.e. With basic functions maybe more volume.
In my head it's fun
I think this is a pretty good idea as well, although I think it's not BR at all - as you said, it's CTF with more Vikingish touch. I would love to see that but eh.. I'm not sure TW would ever go for this.
First thing is that I'm sure they are planning a CTF mode ( I mean, it's BANNERlord after all :lol: ) and they might want to promote that one, second, I don't think adding civilian killing is their thing because even in my Raid mod, they disabled child/teen killing in raids -possibly on purpose- so they don't want people to kill unarmed civilians I guess, which is a bummer.
But I'm not sure, TW is unpredictable so they can do it as well.

What I have written here is quite different from what I had hoped for with an eventual official implementation from Taleworlds.

giphy.gif

If they dont do this soon my soul might break. Its so simple. imagine 20 man Royals to start. CMON! 4 man troops like a semi capt mode!? Plz sir@!

Back
Top Bottom