Races

Users who are viewing this thread

From what I remember, I think that just increased the number of different units you could have in your party.  That number does nothing with the number of units in the game of number units or races.  It helped out with a lot of mods (like this one) that had many, many units you could have at once.

Informative thread.  In a related question, can someone point me in the right direction of a little guide to racial antipathy in Phantasy Calradia?  As in which races refuse to work within your party together without lowering morale?

djgizmoe said:
Informative thread.  In a related question, can someone point me in the right direction of a little guide to racial antipathy in Phantasy Calradia?  As in which races refuse to work within your party together without lowering morale?

In the Guide under Party morale Good vs. Evil :smile: -  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,276440.0.html

In Phantasy the party morale system has been slightly changed to better suit the heavily D&D inspired world. With the addition of new factions and races a form of role-playing was done to reform the party morale system to best indicate a form of alignment. If you have a group of Blazing Hand troops, a faction solely dedicated to the destruction of the undead and demons, then it would make sense that harboring any undead or demons would heavily affect the party's morale. Below is a list indicating which factions and units, when mixed, can cause party morale problems.

Elves and Drow do not like each other

Elves and Orcs do not like each other

Dwarves and Drow do not like each other

Dwarves and Orcs do not like each other

Mages and Dark Mages do not like each other

The living (except for evil troops) do not like the undead *evil troops are orcs, drows, demons and mummies*

Dark Mages will help you control the undead and increase morale

Constructs (i.e. Golems) will not be affected by demons or undead

Good luck out there!

Im curious as to who are the evil men? because every time i recruit Sarranids with a mostly Blazing hand and Calradian/Swadian party my morale takes a huge hit?

ALECOS said:
Im curious as to who are the evil men? because every time i recruit Sarranids with a mostly Blazing hand and Calradian/Swadian party my morale takes a huge hit?
The morale clashes are as follows:

Elves and Drow do not like each other

Elves and Orcs do not like each other

Dwarves and Drow do not like each other

Dwarves and Orcs do not like each other

Mages and Dark Mages do not like each other

The living (except for evil troops) do not like the undead *evil troops are orcs, drows, demons and mummies*

Dark Mages will help you control the undead and increase morale

Constructs (i.e. Golems) will not be affected by demons or undead

(taken from Smurf's guide)

Native factions won't like undead or demons, but that's it.

Yeah i saw that for some reason my troops get upset though when i have Sarranids but the Sarranids get excellent morale, once i got rid of them my morale went up

ALECOS said:
Yeah i saw that for some reason my troops get upset though when i have Sarranids but the Sarranids get excellent morale, once i got rid of them my morale went up
Maybe you're at war with the Sarranids?

If you are getting rece/alignment morale penalties, you'll get messages explaining what is causing the morale decrease.
If your morale is still lowering without those messages, then it's a vanilla mechanism: maybe you have too many troops, too little food variety or too little leadership.

guspav said:
ALECOS said:
Maybe you're at war with the Sarranids?

If you are getting rece/alignment morale penalties, you'll get messages explaining what is causing the morale decrease.
If your morale is still lowering without those messages, then it's a vanilla mechanism: maybe you have too many troops, too little food variety or too little leadership.
No im not alligned with a faction, Maybe it was food but the morale instantly went up once i released them. Its no big deal i was just wondering if Sarranids were like evil men or something

Odd question. How hard would it be expanded the number of "genders" from a 16-bit variable to a 256-bit variable, or possibly you could store race (and possibly even gender) under a different variable, i mean looking at the variables 100 different reserved variables i'm assuming at least one of them is 256-bit, if neither of those are viable options wouldn't it be possible to make Drow and Elves following under the same "gender", considering they have the game appearance aside from skin, giving at least two more slots? I know a little bit about programing but not that much, so I'm just wondering.

weso12 said:
Odd question. How hard would it be expanded the number of "genders" from a 16-bit variable to a 256-bit variable, or possibly you could store race (and possibly even gender) under a different variable, i mean looking at the variables 100 different reserved variables i'm assuming at least one of them is 256-bit, if neither of those are viable options wouldn't it be possible to make Drow and Elves following under the same "gender", considering they have the game appearance aside from skin, giving at least two more slots? I know a little bit about programing but not that much, so I'm just wondering.
While that might be technically possible, the race slot limits are hard coded into the game engine. Perhaps with a hack a larger number would be possible, but it might as well just crash the engine. I don't think anyone has managed to break that limit and there have been some really skilled programmers messing around with the engine code (WSE comes to mind), so I am not sure whether they really tried or if they tried and failed to change that.

guspav said:
weso12 said:
While that might be technically possible, the race slot limits are hard coded into the game engine. Perhaps with a hack a larger number would be possible, but it might as well just crash the engine. I don't think anyone has managed to break that limit and there have been some really skilled programmers messing around with the engine code (WSE comes to mind), so I am not sure whether they really tried or if they tried and failed to change that.

Been wondering about weso12's point as well....WHY do we need so many different races? Since elves and drows are both elves (ok, only the males), wouldn't it be possible to combine them into 1 race, then make them look different with armor (like Wolfwere Runners)?

I mean, technically, with different-looking armor, wouldn't it be possible to simulate dozens of humanoid races, without actually messing with the races slot?

zykox said:
guspav said:
weso12 said:

Been wondering about weso12's point as well....WHY do we need so many different races? Since elves and drows are both elves (ok, only the males), wouldn't it be possible to combine them into 1 race, then make them look different with armor (like Wolfwere Runners)?

I mean, technically, with different-looking armor, wouldn't it be possible to simulate dozens of humanoid races, without actually messing with the races slot?

I think you need race slots if you want all of the races to be playable, because if your playing as a different race (or want the different races to hero characters) you can't rely on armor because characters have customizable armor (unless you can make armor look different on different characters, which I don't think you can because even in native a man wearing a dress have somehow gets breasts (don't ask why I have tested this)), but with Drow and Elves considering the difference between is skin tone.

yzane said:
Why are elven males so ugly in this mod? their faces are all stretched out and contorted. Is it just me,a bug, or was this an intentional design decision?

You mean, they look like THIS?

kEak1.jpg
GYZCv.jpg

If they don't look like this in your version, you did something wrong - wrong Warband version (must be > 1.15:cool:,  something different with your in game video settings, like HDR mode or something, or you are still in the 2014 version and not the 2018 version.

gsanders said:
yzane said:
Why are elven males so ugly in this mod? their faces are all stretched out and contorted. Is it just me,a bug, or was this an intentional design decision?

You mean, they look like THIS?

kEak1.jpg
GYZCv.jpg

If they don't look like this in your version, you did something wrong - wrong Warband version (must be > 1.15:cool:,  something different with your in game video settings, like HDR mode or something, or you are still in the 2014 version and not the 2018 version.

Thanks for the input! Did a clean install and its all good now

Back
Top Bottom