SP Native Racemod

Users who are viewing this thread

ffs, just for all that spam its not getting added to my mod....

anyway, i will attempt at fixing those small bugs and look to see if i had the town in from storymod :/ hehe.

I just tried it out, it's great fun, till my horsie died. My suggestion is to make the path a little more obvious, I found myself lost at some points.

Note: A good way to keep players from going places where they shouldn't without placing random clutter, is to use the "Shield" object.

Janus said:
Yeah, it would be a cool course to test out the different horses. See how each handles, and see how fast you can get through the course on it.

It's too bad the AI wouldn't know how to navigate the course. An idea does come to mind though based on your finish idea; waypoints in the track could have something to lance, and the racers would all be on the same team, with the targets on a different team. The AI would race for the closest enemy, so as each "waypoint" was killed, they would then aim for the next one. Of course if one got too far behind, he would get messed up completely. The course would have to be cordoned off well to prevent shortcuts (cheating). Hmm.... Don't know if it would be possible for the script to determine which racer won though. Also I kinda doubt the AI would prove a challenge in any case since horse maneuvering is rather simple.

Just percolating some thoughts around here, don't mind me. :razz:

After I finish up with the scripting for the latest version of my Arena Expansion mod, I can start playing around with this idea.

EDIT: and the finish idea is a rather good one, actually. That should work perfectly as a matter of fact. We could add a 1-hitpoint enemy with no armor or weapon, maybe even with it's own unanimated mesh (possible, right?)

Hey, did anybody give this any more thought or experimentation?

I am thinking about including a horse-race in the Lombard Leagues mod. For citizenship purposes, I am (probably) going to introduce four "contrade" (quarters) in the home city. So, I'm naturally tempted to include a "palio" pitting the contrade's armed companies against each other.

I started doing a simple four-team brawl. But a wild horse-race through the city streets would be really more evocative of the palio. The course would be a narrrow, square track with barriers (cf. Palio of Asti, Palio of Siena, Palio of Ferrara, etc). I have heard some palio races do involve some lancing, so it wouldn't be too off to set this up as you suggest.

its a good mod will be better when u work on it more
I'm more in the mood for a mod with a huge mountain with a platform off it and a deep pool of water under neath
Riding the horses off would be good

If you look in header_mission_templates.py you'll see this:

Code:
mtf_one_lap_race        = 0x000010
mtf_two_lap_race        = 0x000020
mtf_three_lap_race      = 0x000030
mtf_four_lap_race       = 0x000040
mtf_five_lap_race       = 0x000050
mtf_six_lap_race        = 0x000060
mtf_seven_lap_race      = 0x000070

Looks like races are already planned for the Native module. :grin:

Probably won't have to do the whole "hit the target to finish" kludge, finish lines will probably be available in vanilla.

Khalid ibn Walid said:
Janus said:
Yeah, it would be a cool course to test out the different horses. See how each handles, and see how fast you can get through the course on it.

It's too bad the AI wouldn't know how to navigate the course. An idea does come to mind though based on your finish idea; waypoints in the track could have something to lance, and the racers would all be on the same team, with the targets on a different team. The AI would race for the closest enemy, so as each "waypoint" was killed, they would then aim for the next one. Of course if one got too far behind, he would get messed up completely. The course would have to be cordoned off well to prevent shortcuts (cheating). Hmm.... Don't know if it would be possible for the script to determine which racer won though. Also I kinda doubt the AI would prove a challenge in any case since horse maneuvering is rather simple.

Just percolating some thoughts around here, don't mind me. :razz:

After I finish up with the scripting for the latest version of my Arena Expansion mod, I can start playing around with this idea.

EDIT: and the finish idea is a rather good one, actually. That should work perfectly as a matter of fact. We could add a 1-hitpoint enemy with no armor or weapon, maybe even with it's own unanimated mesh (possible, right?)

Hey, did anybody give this any more thought or experimentation?

I am thinking about including a horse-race in the Lombard Leagues mod. For citizenship purposes, I am (probably) going to introduce four "contrade" (quarters) in the home city. So, I'm naturally tempted to include a "palio" pitting the contrade's armed companies against each other.

I started doing a simple four-team brawl. But a wild horse-race through the city streets would be really more evocative of the palio. The course would be a narrrow, square track with barriers (cf. Palio of Asti, Palio of Siena, Palio of Ferrara, etc). I have heard some palio races do involve some lancing, so it wouldn't be too off to set this up as you suggest.

I've more or less given in on this mod, i thought it would be a nice idea. Please do try and do that, it would be brilliant.

fisheye said:
If you look in header_mission_templates.py you'll see this:

Code:
mtf_one_lap_race        = 0x000010
mtf_two_lap_race        = 0x000020
mtf_three_lap_race      = 0x000030
mtf_four_lap_race       = 0x000040
mtf_five_lap_race       = 0x000050
mtf_six_lap_race        = 0x000060
mtf_seven_lap_race      = 0x000070

Looks like races are already planned for the Native module. :grin:

Probably won't have to do the whole "hit the target to finish" kludge, finish lines will probably be available in vanilla.
Yeah, Armagan was messing with races long ago (pre .700) but apparently set it aside. No idea if he plans to do more with it in the future or not. As far as I can tell though, those flags do nothing for now.

I've set this idea aside myself, too. I might try playing around with it to get it working, but then again, I might not. Good luck, Khalid. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom