SP Native Racemod

Users who are viewing this thread

Yoshiboy

Count
i started a little project, basically a stunt type mod :smile: its quite fun for the first part. Its still a bit of a WIP and i ran out of vertex buffer memory at one point so be carful, you have to make sure you play wit the maximum memory buffer. You can set this in the mount and blade configuration.

It also wont run well on older machines at all. :razz:

i suggest you talk to the man in the scene, he gives you a horse that can run the course. I think i might use passages to break the corse down into small sections, although it wont be pretty :razz:

take a look:

http://www.warpmod.com/dev/YoshiBoy/otherstuff(sorry)/racemod.rar

some feeback please

Nice idea. Did you use a trigger in the mission template to keep track of the time it takes to run the course? Also curious how you determine when the race is complete.

Downloading now. :smile:

Janus said:
Nice idea. Did you use a trigger in the mission template to keep track of the time it takes to run the course? Also curious how you determine when the race is complete.

Downloading now. :smile:

heh, i did neither :razz: its basically a stunt course for horses

Ah, still sounds cool. I've got an intermediate (I think) understanding of how everything in mission templates work; if you want help making it use a mission template so you could have a course timer (maybe shown on screen even), have it let you choose your horse type, and other such stuff, I'd be happy to help.
I've been wanting to monkey around with the triggers in mission templates now that I mostly understand them. Seems like a lot of possibilities are offered by the mission templates.

Janus said:
Ah, still sounds cool. I've got an intermediate (I think) understanding of how everything in mission templates work; if you want help making it use a mission template so you could have a course timer (maybe shown on screen even), have it let you choose your horse type, and other such stuff, I'd be happy to help.
I've been wanting to monkey around with the triggers in mission templates now that I mostly understand them. Seems like a lot of possibilities are offered by the mission templates.

sure, so i make the courses, you make the tiggers :smile:

although, it wouldnt really be a race, more like time trails.

I was thinking you could make the finish once you lance someone in the head or something :razz:

Yeah, it would be a cool course to test out the different horses. See how each handles, and see how fast you can get through the course on it.

It's too bad the AI wouldn't know how to navigate the course. An idea does come to mind though based on your finish idea; waypoints in the track could have something to lance, and the racers would all be on the same team, with the targets on a different team. The AI would race for the closest enemy, so as each "waypoint" was killed, they would then aim for the next one. Of course if one got too far behind, he would get messed up completely. The course would have to be cordoned off well to prevent shortcuts (cheating). Hmm.... Don't know if it would be possible for the script to determine which racer won though. Also I kinda doubt the AI would prove a challenge in any case since horse maneuvering is rather simple.

Just percolating some thoughts around here, don't mind me. :razz:

After I finish up with the scripting for the latest version of my Arena Expansion mod, I can start playing around with this idea.

EDIT: and the finish idea is a rather good one, actually. That should work perfectly as a matter of fact. We could add a 1-hitpoint enemy with no armor or weapon, maybe even with it's own unanimated mesh (possible, right?)

Janus said:
Yeah, it would be a cool course to test out the different horses. See how each handles, and see how fast you can get through the course on it.

It's too bad the AI wouldn't know how to navigate the course. An idea does come to mind though based on your finish idea; waypoints in the track could have something to lance, and the racers would all be on the same team, with the targets on a different team. The AI would race for the closest enemy, so as each "waypoint" was killed, they would then aim for the next one. Of course if one got too far behind, he would get messed up completely. The course would have to be cordoned off well to prevent shortcuts (cheating). Hmm.... Don't know if it would be possible for the script to determine which racer won though. Also I kinda doubt the AI would prove a challenge in any case since horse maneuvering is rather simple.

Just percolating some thoughts around here, don't mind me. :razz:

After I finish up with the scripting for the latest version of my Arena Expansion mod, I can start playing around with this idea.

I think thats a brilliant idea. Make some new troop waypoints, make them all transparent and give the AI nice lances to couch. Might...just...work. Would be completely jokes if it did :razz:

we wouldnt have any problems if there was just one AI and one player, although the player might kill the waypoints and mess the AI up. It would be quite funny anyway :razz:

If we are going to do this seriously i will make some more courses, this course could just be joke stunt course as i dont think any AI could make it around it realistically...we also have the problem of AI not being able to jump their horses....anyway. Could be fun.

Hmm, and I just thought, the AI still seems to have a fixation for a second or two with dead enemies (continuing to approach and attack), so that could be a problem as well. Still, it's worth a shot. :smile:

I really enjoyed messing around with the horse jumping from roof to roof,ect.One thing is that you get as many horses as you want,If you just keep asking the guy.I would really like to see the finished version of this look to be great.Keep up the good work :grin:

-GandalfTheGrey said:
Yoshiboy said:
i suggest you talk to the man in the scene

Could you be a bit more precise ???
Yeah, he wasn't specific on how to try it out.
Go to the world map and look for an "old city" or something like that (forget exactly). That's the course.

edit: ok i figured it out, but what do you do other than just run around that weird town? and did you add the town 2 where you get to bury people?

As he has it now, extract all files into your "Mount&Blade\Modules" directory, with folder structure kept intact. It's not in an installer yet.

EDIT: and it works in .711 at least, since that's what I just ran it in.

thanks ill try it now

edit: a few thoughts, it would be alot more interesting with other riders, could you maybe make a straighter course have one army all on horses spawn at the start then at the end alot of soldiers with only bows, the riders would hopefully run towards the archers who would shoot at them...

Yoshiboy use this file.

itm_courser courser courser 1 courser 0 65537 0 223 6031360 0.000000 70 0 6 0 2 0 1000 1000 0 0 0 0

Over the old file and you have stunt horses. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom