quite disappointed

Users who are viewing this thread

wannyboy

Sergeant
i'm kinda disappointed in this mod, it looked good at the start but... WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE RHODOK TROOP TREE!!! i realy love the native troop tree and kinda hate all mods who change it, rhodoks don't need horses, but even their regular guys can become cavalry. The elders are also much to easy to recruit, since they are already at quite a high level when you recruit them. There are also way too much mercenary's at the start, when i just started, i couldn't even reach the first village from jelkala... just had to cheat. Then later, on my way from jelkala to veluca, i met 5!!! mercenary groups, all attacking even though i had 50 troops and they just 30. When a bought my arbalest a little later, i could instakill even the most heavy armored knight. This game is just 1 bunch of overpoweredness and i don't think i'm gonna play it any longer... sorry

Troop tree is a matter of taste.

As for the mercenaries: That's a matter of difficulty, this game is meant to be a lot harder than Native. If you don't like that, this is not the mod for you (yet).

As for the overpoweredness: It's not like you can't one-shot anyone in Native with a Siege Crossbow bolt to the head. In NE there is a huuuge difference between the lowest troop and the highest troop, and the Arbalest is meant to be the heaviest ranged weapon, it's also very slow to reload and has a big Strength requirement. Also, I bet you haven't even come across the "most heavily armoured Knight" yet. Was it a Paladin? A Crusader? Hospitaller, or Templar? Maybe a Dark Knight even? Dark Knights have pretty insane armour. In Native you meet the baddest dudes in the game after a few hours, in Native Expansion it will take you many real life days. Don't judge so quickly, you haven't played long enough to actually face real opponents. No wonder you feel overpowered with an Arbalest.

wannyboy said:
i'm kinda disappointed in this mod, it looked good at the start but... WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE RHODOK TROOP TREE!!! i realy love the native troop tree and kinda hate all mods who change it, rhodoks don't need horses, but even their regular guys can become cavalry. The elders are also much to easy to recruit, since they are already at quite a high level when you recruit them. There are also way too much mercenary's at the start, when i just started, i couldn't even reach the first village from jelkala... just had to cheat. Then later, on my way from jelkala to veluca, i met 5!!! mercenary groups, all attacking even though i had 50 troops and they just 30. When a bought my arbalest a little later, i could instakill even the most heavy armored knight. This game is just 1 bunch of overpoweredness and i don't think i'm gonna play it any longer... sorry

Sorry you didn't like the mod, but it's not for everyone. It is hard at the beginning, it's supposed to be. Try using the training camps to build up your troops, and tournaments to build up cash so you can hire your own mercs. Avoid merc war parties and try taking on weaker bandit parties (forest bandits and deserters tend to be easier pickings) while you gain experience for you and your troops. The meaner weapons are there for the later gameplay, so sure if you cheat to get them early in the game you'll be overpowered. But then you did cheat, so you spoiled it for yourself really, didn't you?

I almost went the same path as the OP when i installed the mod recently. But only almost.
See, when i started out everything killed me, i didnt got anywhere with my playstyle or my troops. Having high numbers of peasant troops really dont matter ****, when they die like flies to bandits. I was just running from anything, yes even forest bandits tore me a new one. I mean, freggin forest bandits!  :shock:

So i set back for a minute and thought about it. Then i got back into the game with the following conclusions.
Troop quality matters much much more than in native, and the ladder of troops is way longer. So i figured i hire some mercs myself to watch my butt till i had devolped my char a bit. I needed money for that so i did a bit of my usual trading while running from enemies left and right. But the money was not good enough for my taste, i almost was in perill again but then i entered a tournament and won it.
Holy crap, when you win a tournament the first time in any given town you can make quite a tidy sum of money of the bets you place. That was enough to hire some muscle, buy some gear and get into the game proper.
And belive me, once you get over that first hunch and develop your crappy recruits into something more powerfull the mod really opens up and the difficulty is much more even than you would think.
And its much more rewarding when you can finally kill all those pesky bandit/merc parties that litter the map, belive me.
I also learned that equipment is very important. The range of gear is pretty broad and what is maybe considere as top tier stuff in native can be considered middle ground in this mod. A lot of money is needed to get the good stuff but some freebies await as quest rewards and such. Also its worth to check the chest in Rivacheg, no more strange armor but something way better. Helped me a great deal.

In conclusion, this mod is very much a matter of taste but should not be tossed aside rigth away just because its difficult. If you stick with it you can have some great fun and awesome battles. Moreso if you know the native game in and out.

regards

Its indeed a lot more fun when you hire mercs, but they are quite overpowered... Also, i wonder why that perfect rhodok trooptree was modified. The sarranid one is still standing

Jackinthebox said:
I also learned that equipment is very important. The range of gear is pretty broad and what is maybe considere as top tier stuff in native can be considered middle ground in this mod. A lot of money is needed to get the good stuff but some freebies await as quest rewards and such. Also its worth to check the chest in Rivacheg, no more strange armor but something way better. Helped me a great deal.

Omg what kinda sword is that. It looks so overpowered!!!
But i think the war scyte is also a bit too strong. It costs less than 1k but it pwns the **** out of everyone. And it gives me an awesome dervish feeling (guild wars)

But still hate troop trees changes. From all factions i recruited from, the sarranid was the only one with the faction name in their troopnames. I realy want this for the others, and if possible the ability to use native trooptrees

Oh and is it normal that i already got 2 tempered weaps with looting only at 5 and while only playing 2 ingame weeks?

Omg right now i just got 2 tempered basterd swords together. Think loot is bit too high inThis game...

Try a tempered Jeweled Sword =) Or a heavy morningstar....

But what you seem to forget, is that both armor, and weapon stats are increased on the high level items, and the items are used, not only by you and your companions, but by troops aswell.

Omg what kinda sword is that. It looks so overpowered!!!

But what you seem to forget, is that both armor, and weapon stats are increased on the high level items, and the items are used, not only by you and your companions, but by troops aswell.

Pretty  much this. When i found the sword my reaction was quite similar. "Good item, balance break, yada-yada".
But the thing is, the range of armor is way larger than in native and the hp of some enemies is more than you would think. When fighting mercs in decent armor the sword does not insta kill them, some even survive head hits. And dont get me started on elite troops like paladins. They are riding tanks.
When you have advanced beyond a certain level you will see armors in the shop´s which will give the weapon stats more sense, you just need those numbers later to even stand a chance against some units.
Because they wear those armors/weapons too.

Im currently powerleveling and equipping my companions. I spend roughly 50.000 denars per person and they are far from invincible or god killers. They roll over most bandits, but mercs can still ruin your day and the better faction troops are no joke.

May i ask what level your char is? That would tell us alot about what you have actually seen of the game.

Well, i actualy just started. At the moment i cant take on faction lords but bandits are no more fun so im just running around a bit. But still thinn its weird that i got a coat of plates and 9 tempered weapons with only loot 6 on day 12

wannyboy said:
Well, i actualy just started. At the moment i cant take on faction lords but bandits are no more fun so im just running around a bit. But still thinn its weird that i got a coat of plates and 9 tempered weapons with only loot 6 on day 12
Hi, do you import a previous character? I assume so with a loot of 6 on day 12. I started from scratch, but eventually had to import a character at the level of 35 to take on the Dark Lords when they chose me to attack. I was killed, along with my men in seconds at level 21, which is where I reached at day 180 or so, with even numbers of troops, but at 35, with a bigger army, they met their doom. Even at level 35 the loot skill for my party was only 4, perhaps I should get it higher if it makes that kind of difference.

Native Expansion has it's own looting system. The loot is of far better quality and serves as your main sourc of income at higher levels. Everything is also a lot more expensive, so it balances it out a bit. If you prefer Native looting you can change it in the Camp options. Getting your looting on your own character to 10 is a very smart move in NE, especially since you will have a decent chance of looting unique (the best ever) weapons of faction leaders!

Back
Top Bottom