B Tutorial Scenes Quick Scene Chooser

Users who are viewing this thread

dstemmer said:
mr.master said:
I can get this to work D:: It says that str attribute has no 'format'. I pasted the one code after the last bracket, but I'm not sure where to put the other code in warband.

mr. master,

Probably you're not using Python 2.6 (most likely you're using Python 2.5). Just download the newest version and make sure it's set correctly in your Windows PATH and you should be OK (if you need help doing this just send me another PM and I'll give you the step-by-step instructions).
Yes I noticed it :razz: I thought I was using it but then I checked, was 2.5. Updated it. Still have to check if it works :razz:

Hi i dont understand how this works. How do i edit the scene once all you said is done? I  followeded another tutorial and i still don't understand !

Hey. I've downloaded this for .127 and I think I've followed all of the instructions. When I start Warband in edit mode however, it gets almost all the way to loading and then crashes, with an error message saying 'RGL Error: Unexpected End of File while reading file: Modules\Nditions Mod\menus.txt'

Here is my relevant code:
Code:
      ("continue",[],"Continue",
       [         
         (change_screen_return),         
       ]),         
    ]
  ),

]
import header_scenes
from template_tools import *
from module_scenes import scenes

sorted_scenes = sorted(scenes)
for i in xrange(len(sorted_scenes)):
  current_scene = list(sorted_scenes[i])
  current_scene[1] = get_flags_from_bitmap(header_scenes, "sf_", current_scene[1])
  sorted_scenes[i] = tuple(current_scene)

choose_scene_template = Game_Menu_Template(
  id="choose_scenes_",
  text="Choose a scene: (Page {current_page} of {num_pages})",
  optn_id="choose_scene_",
  optn_text="{list_item[0]}{list_item[1]}",
  optn_consq = [
    (jump_to_scene, "scn_{list_item[0]}"),
    (change_screen_mission)
  ]
)

game_menus += choose_scene_template.generate_menus(sorted_scenes)

Code:
####      ("custom_battle_scenario_6",[],"Siege Attack",
####       [
####           (assign, "$g_custom_battle_scenario", 4),
####           (jump_to_menu, "mnu_custom_battle_2"),
####
####        ]
####       ),
           ("choose_scene",[],"Scene Chooser",
           [(jump_to_menu, "mnu_choose_scenes_0"),]
           ),
##      ("go_back",[],"Go back",
##       [(change_screen_quit),
##        ]
##       ),
##    ]
##  ),

I'd assume it's something really stupid I've done as I can't code. Thanks for reading and I hope you can help.

Python 2.7 works nice with module system 1.010 but NOT with template_tools.py          This is bad for me

How do I actually edit anything? I do not have any "quick battles menu" as you said the option would be in. I did everything you said, but when I start warband it does NOT go into scene chooser, it goes into this menu that has "play tutorial, start new game, load game, multiplayer, custom battle, options, credits, exit" I am sure that I restarted my computer again and again but it still does not open quick scene chooser when I start warband. Please help D:

Python 2.7 works nice with module system 1.010 but NOT with template_tools.py          This is bad for me

:???: i ve module system 1.131 with Pyhon 2.7
and template_tools.py works for me...

to run quick chooser in M&B WB
i ve put this code :

Code:
),

here, at the start of game_menus : (in red)

Code:
game_menus = [
  ("start_game_0",menu_text_color(0xFF000000)|mnf_disable_all_keys,
  ##diplomacy begin
    "Welcome, adventurer, to Diplomacy for Mount & Blade: Warband. Before beginning the game you must create your character. Remember that in the traditional medieval society depicted in the game, war and politics are usually dominated by male members of the nobility. That does not however mean that you should not choose to play a female character, or one who is not of noble birth. Male nobles may have a somewhat easier start, but women and commoners can attain all of the same goals -- and in fact may have a much more interesting if more challenging early game.",
  ##diplomacy end  
  "none",
    [],
    [
     ("continue",[],"Continue...",
       [(jump_to_menu, "mnu_start_game_1"),
        ]
       ),
),
      ("go_back",[],"Go back",
       [
         (change_screen_quit),
       ]),
    ]
  ),

you can acess scene chooser menu by starting a new game.

works like a charm

hope this will be helpful :grin:

Hmm i have a problem i'm trying to make my own M&B Warband Multiplayer map and for that i need the QUICK SCENE CHOOSER so here come's the problem i installed the QUICK SCENE CHOOSER to my mod but i can't find any like start button for the QUICK SCENE CHOOSER ingame or anything like that so i hope some one can help me please.

I've really followed pretty much every step. I changed the module_game_menus file, (In all different ways described over here :razz:) I've ran the built_module and still nothing showing up when I run the module. Maybe because I misplaced/did something wrong with template_tools?

Back
Top Bottom