Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Shadow95 said:
Hello,
Can someone make detailed step with numbers how to do a forced conversion, as pagan or christian.
(requirements, and where to find this option).
I am a vassal who owns a town and its 2 villages, vassal of East Engle.

Thank you in advance.
You need high persuasion and charisma,
After that it's completely up to chance

in battle is there a way to change the units melee weapon? ex a brition nobel has 3 weapon slots, once they use there javilins they will melee with their spears, but I want them to use their axes. I want to be able to change what melee weapon they use.

kalarhan said:
RyanMan12 said:
in battle is there a way to change the units melee weapon?

weapons are selected based on type of formation (like shield wall), the weapons stats, the context (siege, on a horse, on a boat, etc), and so on. If you want to change things further you will need to look at modding, which allows you to rebalance/chance anything to your liking

:arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,416.0.html
so if im doing a land battle what formation would I need to choose to have my units switch from a spear to a sword or such?

RyanMan12 said:
kalarhan said:
RyanMan12 said:
in battle is there a way to change the units melee weapon?

weapons are selected based on type of formation (like shield wall), the weapons stats, the context (siege, on a horse, on a boat, etc), and so on. If you want to change things further you will need to look at modding, which allows you to rebalance/chance anything to your liking

:arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,416.0.html
so if im doing a land battle what formation would I need to choose to have my units switch from a spear to a sword or such?

Shield wall, put swords/axes up front and spears in rear.

P.S. for more fun in the shield wall. After you’ve got a good defensive formation saved. Go to mod options and check enemy always charges. It’s more fun imho

I know religious relations affect kingdom disposition over time, do we know what effect relations with commoners and outlaws have on game play? It there any point to managing these values?

SocratesOnFire said:
outlaws have on game play?

play as a lord/king is just one way. You can go the route of a bandit and use bandit lairs to sell loot.

in other words you have multiple ways to play the game (as it is a sandbox), and the world will react to your choices in unexpected ways.

kalarhan said:
SocratesOnFire said:
outlaws have on game play?

play as a lord/king is just one way. You can go the route of a bandit and use bandit lairs to sell loot.

in other words you have multiple ways to play the game (as it is a sandbox), and the world will react to your choices in unexpected ways.

That doesn't actually answer my question. The game tracks several values for commoner relations, sea warrior relations, outlaw relations, but doesn't actually specify what impact these values have.

SocratesOnFire said:
but doesn't actually specify what impact these values have.

yeap, that is how it works, most of the stuff is not explicit and you need to do learn it as you play. I added above one of the advantages of being friends with bandits (being able to sell stuff to them), but of course there are more stuff to investigate. I dont even remember half of them, since I stopped playing vanilla (not modded) years ago.

you may learn a few more if you use search function on this thread (old discussions) as well, or wait for other people to reply. My answer is just that, one answer :wink:

kalarhan said:
SocratesOnFire said:
but doesn't actually specify what impact these values have.

I added above one of the advantages of being friends with bandits (being able to sell stuff to them)

I understand what you mean, but I'm looking to see if anyone actually knows what specific effect these specific values have. Relations with outlaws, for instance, doesn't affect your ability to trade with them, that's determined by your general reputation. I think it affects the willingness of outlaws to accept payment in lieu of combat (the "don't attack, I have money" dialog option) but I don't know if that's the only thing it does. I've never seen relations with commoners affect anything at all.

SocratesOnFire said:
I'm looking to see if anyone actually knows

as a alternative if you dont get a answer here (which is not very likely, given the game age) you can visit the modding section, download the game source and check how things are coded. The modsys has all the rules / features in there, but of course it requires some know-how on modding to read it.

If you manage to get your relations with a bandit faction above -1 then they will not be hostile to YOU on the map. They will still attack your faction though and masterless men will still raid your villages. Other than that there is no difference.
If you get the commoners below 0 then they will become hostile. Again other than that there is no difference.

Ahhhhh, I didn't even think of that. It's too bad then that it's almost impossible to improve that relation score, being non-hostile to norwegian vikings would make it so much easier to bulk recruit them.

So, I got a second cow from a tournament. Will it increase the chance of getting butter, or should I just sell it...

Horseman javelins are only from loot, right? Or is there another way to get them? And what's the best way to get them from loot...

Sarin said:
Horseman javelins are only from loot, right? Or is there another way to get them? And what's the best way to get them from loot...

The best way to get them it to admit to yourself that the idea that bags of javelins produced by the hundred for horseman across the British isles shouldn't be ultra rare in the first place, and just allow yourself to buy them from the cheat menu. Absent that, the best way to get them is to fight the troops that carry them (you can check what troops carry what weapons in the troop tree screen, accessible via the Camp menu) and build up a morale bonus high enough to allow you to demand first ownership of the loot (expect a 42 point drop in morale if you do, plan accordingly). Large groups of british horseman sometimes appear as Masterless Men around the Briton kingdoms (Gwynedd, Glywyssing, Alt Cult, Brycheiniog), which would give the best chance I know of to nab some of them.

SocratesOnFire said:
Sarin said:

The best way to get them it to admit to yourself that the idea that bags of javelins produced by the hundred for horseman across the British isles shouldn't be ultra rare in the first place, and just allow yourself to buy them from the cheat menu. Absent that, the best way to get them is to fight the troops that carry them (you can check what troops carry what weapons in the troop tree screen, accessible via the Camp menu) and build up a morale bonus high enough to allow you to demand first ownership of the loot (expect a 42 point drop in morale if you do, plan accordingly). Large groups of british horseman sometimes appear as Masterless Men around the Briton kingdoms (Gwynedd, Glywyssing, Alt Cult, Brycheiniog), which would give the best chance I know of to nab some of them.

Well, it turned out to be easier than I expected. First group with some horsemen I ran into yielded them, though I had to take morale hit from grabbing all the loot for myself. Pity I didn't get large bag...oh well, at least weaponsmith got them to balanced.

I'm still not sure about what troops are the best at my stage...I'm leveling way slower than in vanilla or mods, still only level 18, so I can't train decent infantry. I probably should go and farm some decent bandits for XP...most combat so far was naval and tournaments, I've been going back and forth between Denmark and England delivering letters to get on a good side of Danish lords before the Thing, since all other quests either have long cooldown or I just don't want to do them, like raiding monasteries. Bad enough that my piracy against Frisian traders cost me a lot of reputation already.
Which reminds me...I'm playing story mode, how many Danish lords do I need on my side for a good outcome of the Thing? I have one over 30 reputation, one close, but rest neutral...king likes me, Ragnarsson hates me.

Back
Top Bottom