Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

mousewithmoxie said:
... control mouse ...

... trade routes ...

see configs to adapt your mouse settings (sensibility, direction, etc). You can also play on first person view if over the shoulder seems weird.

for trading: see thread on general guides, also remember you should aim to own your own boat (s), instead of paying a ferry.  :arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323183.0.html

mousewithmoxie said:
Is there a way to mod his appearance and name?
Visit modding section/Forge. This thread is for vanilla only (see first post instructions).

ps.: instead of double posting you should use the "modify" button and update your last post (forum rule)

Anyone having troubles with using short stabbing swords? I find I'm only good with swords (>80 range) or any axe (eg, slashing).

Am I just bad at this game or are seaxes harder to be proficient with than slashing weapons? Any advice?

koteko said:
Anyone having troubles with using short stabbing swords?

IMO: stabbing is harder to use than slashing, that is a consequence of how the game handles combat (how the AI keeps distance from the player + animations). You can't do usual things like lock shield and stab stab (shieldwall). It is cool to have weapons like that for historical reasons, but I don't use them on my character if playing vanilla.

kalarhan said:
IMO: stabbing is harder to use than slashing, that is a consequence of how the game handles combat (how the AI keeps distance from the player + animations). You can't do usual things like lock shield and stab stab (shieldwall).

Thanks, that confirms my suspicions.

kalarhan said:
but I don't use them on my character if playing vanilla.

And what if you are not playing vanilla? :grin: do you know of any mod improving stabbing animations and/or AI?

mousewithmoxie said:
which ports take you where so I can plan a route?

Any port on the Irish sea will ferry you to any other on the same sea. Likewise for the North Sea. You have to walk to cross between the seas, shortest place is Dun Breatan to Edinburgh. Cost goes with sailing distance though.

alguem pode me ajudar?
subo de nivel mais minha skill não sobe junto
subo para nivel 2 mais a skill da força e outros não sobe

chinapoor said:
when the story mode is over  ....

remember to use spoiler tag when talking about storyline

my spoilers go here

npcs that left your party, if still available for recruiting later on, will take some time (vacation) before they go back to drink in taverns and wait for a random adventurer to hire them.

he can also become a adventurer at some point

you should also consider starting over on sandbox mode. You can choose between adventurer, lord or king start (which comes with land, money, troops, companions, ...). New campaign, new story and no baggage (bad relations with people or factions)

kalarhan said:
chinapoor said:
when the story mode is over  ....

remember to use spoiler tag when talking about storyline

my spoilers go here

npcs that left your party, if still available for recruiting later on, will take some time (vacation) before they go back to drink in taverns and wait for a random adventurer to hire them.

he can also become a adventurer at some point

you should also consider starting over on sandbox mode. You can choose between adventurer, lord or king start (which comes with land, money, troops, companions, ...). New campaign, new story and no baggage (bad relations with people or factions)
no  bodo never become Explore  or npc  No matter how long  i think it is bug

SocratesOnFire said:
Can you explain the actual mechanical effects of the banner and horn items?

they increase morale (courage), thus making your soldiers less likely to run away when things go bad

you can use the horn, and for banners you need the special troops (standard bearers)

SocratesOnFire said:
...have no effect....soldier...run...

that is the mechanic (numbers). It boosts morale/courage of your soldiers.

You can also consider the RP elements, like immersion in battle (having troops with banners, special animations, special sound effects, and so on) to bring the feeling of a 9th century skirmish/battle. Those have nothing to do with gameplay effects like extra damage or extra defense.

Is there any way to change the colours of factions? I want to restore them to the Brytenwalda scheme.
Also is there any mod that makes the map better looking? The villages and castles look way too alike, and the writing is too small. Also any way to get rid of unit descriptions like "Irish freeholder" on the Ocaire? Much more immersive when it was just Ocaire(lig.I)

DaKrimsonBarun said:
Is there any way to change the colours of factions? I want to restore them to the Brytenwalda scheme.
Also is there any mod that makes the map better looking? The villages and castles look way too alike, and the writing is too small. Also any way to get rid of unit descriptions like "Irish freeholder" on the Ocaire? Much more immersive when it was just Ocaire(lig.I)

sure, visit the modding section to learn more about how you can modify pretty much anything you want to https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,416.0.html

erennuman_mb said:
-This thread is for questions related to the vanilla game.

highsis said:
I once had them when my army was above 300. When I reduced the army size they left. Now again I've been with an army over 300 for 3 weeks but camp followers won't return.

1. Would they eventually return if my army grows to over 300?
2. What if you had dismissed them without reducing your army? Is there a chance to have them back again?

1. Yes. It takes about 3-30 days of traveling around (world map) but you will get the question again. If you refuse/lose them you will get a new change every ~1-4weeks.

2. Yes.

Back
Top Bottom