Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Bjoern Snorri said:
Where is Norway on the map :?:

sea part was shrieked. You get a small part of Norway and a faction there.

But why only a small part? Why not the entire world? Why not the entire galaxy? Well devs need to limit the map at some point, and the map we got was what made sense to the game design (factions, history of the era, tech limitation, etc)

maxresdefault.jpg

manhunter2016 said:
How do I check if my army is tired in VC? On Brytenwalda you had "Reports" but this is now replaced with "Barracks." Thanks.

world map has the buttons on the lower part of the screen like Quarters, Camp.... you should click them all  :smile:

Camp button gives you access to things like rest, troop tree, game options, etc
Character button gives you access to your character reports and, if you are a king, to your kingdom reports
Quarters button is for creating up to two temporary camps for your troops (you can leave troops there, paying full wage).

Remember to visit the game help on Notes

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows how to modify the death rate of troops in other mods. I would like more enemies to only be injured, I just feel the 100% death rate for bladed weapons seems unrealistic. I think Viking conquest has this feature and I was wondering how its done.

Feel free to redirect me somewhere else, but Kraggrim sent me a file link to one of his swords and I have no idea where to put it!
when I unzip it it has a .brf a BUMP_0.dds , DIFF_0.dds , SPEC_0.dds file. Any help is much appreciated!

galbadian said:
I'm conquering castles, but only have the option to destroy them and not take them for me or my kingdom (Gwynedd).

Storyline is different from the normal game (sandbox). You are restricted on what you can do based on the quest progress.

A example is conquering places. You can't, unless the quest tells you to do it.

So what you are seeing is normal. To understand: if you or the AI could conquer at will then important plot locations and factions could be destroyed, which would break the quests/story and your campaign.

Once you finish the storyline you will be able to play as sandbox mode. Or you can (at any time) start a new game as a adventurer, a lord or a king.

Celticfury3 said:
Feel free to redirect me somewhere else, but Kraggrim sent me a file link to one of his swords and I have no idea where to put it!
when I unzip it it has a .brf a BUMP_0.dds , DIFF_0.dds , SPEC_0.dds file. Any help is much appreciated!

VC modding is discussed here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,416.0.html

The Forge is the subforum for modders:  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,64.0.html

you need to check a guide on how to add items to your game, decide if you want to mod using .txt or the modsys, and if you want to replace a current sword with this new model, or add a new one to the game

to be clear: this is not the place to talk about modding  :smile:

I'm playing a royal sandbox but how do I host feasts? I have no option with my minister to do so. This is making it pretty impossible for me to marry

Toffee_ said:
I'm playing a royal sandbox but how do I host feasts? I have no option with my minister to do so. This is making it pretty impossible for me to marry

you can't meet girls on your own feast, as you need a wife to start one.

You will need to wait for your vassals to host theirs, and visit with them. Or you can use alternative ways, like talking with the guardians or torturing your enemies  :twisted:

Toffee_ said:
But they never do seem to start feasts

takes time, you need to be at peace (no wars), your lords have armies (not recruiting troops) and be the owners of centers like castles and towns.

like I mentioned, that is one of the ways. Good luck!

another quick question...everyone seems to be declaring war on me? Like I'm at war with about 6 kingdoms because they all want to curb my power. I've taken a single fief since I started the game.

Back
Top Bottom