Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

erennuman_mb said:
Tirion Fordring said:
Ok, so why ALL my troops randomly disappeared and ALL of my companions are reset to 0 Health???
In a battle, or on the world map? If it happened on the world map, it must be a corrupt savegame.

Some time after battle I think. After the "farmer" mission. They are there during the mission and suddenly they disappear 1-2 days after that. Happened twice to me.

Tirion Fordring said:
erennuman_mb said:
Tirion Fordring said:
Ok, so why ALL my troops randomly disappeared and ALL of my companions are reset to 0 Health???
In a battle, or on the world map? If it happened on the world map, it must be a corrupt savegame.

Some time after battle I think. After the "farmer" mission. They are there during the mission and suddenly they disappear 1-2 days after that. Happened twice to me.
Is your character naked? Or are the shops selling only a few things? If it's not a corrupt savegame I don't know what it is.

erennuman_mb said:
Tirion Fordring said:
erennuman_mb said:
Tirion Fordring said:

Is your character naked? Or are the shops selling only a few things? If it's not a corrupt savegame I don't know what it is.

Nope. Everything is as usual. The only thing is: Army died, companions 0 health.

Tirion Fordring said:
Nope. Everything is as usual. The only thing is: Army died, companions 0 health.

remember that pyramid quotes are against forum rules. You can quote someone, delete stuff that is not important, and then reply. Quotes are linked, so if someone wants to see what happened earlier they can simple click on it

Visit the support section, create a thread (ticket) and include the usual: your savegame (download link), rgl_log.txt and rgl_config.txt. You need to tell devs if you are using any tweaks/mods with VC, no matter how small.

To me it looks like you are either using a old version of the game or you have a corrupted savegame.

support  :arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,376.0.html

kalarhan said:
remember that pyramid quotes are against forum rules. You can quote someone, delete stuff that is not important, and then reply. Quotes are linked, so if someone wants to see what happened earlier they can simple click on it

Visit the support section, create a thread (ticket) and include the usual: your savegame (download link), rgl_log.txt and rgl_config.txt. You need to tell devs if you are using any tweaks/mods with VC, no matter how small.

To me it looks like you are either using a old version of the game or you have a corrupted savegame.

support  :arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,376.0.html

Unfortunately I moved on. Will do if it happens again. Ty tho.

Hi all! Have a question about player/npc faces... is there any solution to make them (faces) more pretty (or like native meshes)? Cuz default faces are ugly (sorry, dear developers).

Antrix said:
Hi all! Have a question about player/npc faces... is there any solution to make them (faces) more pretty (or like native meshes)? Cuz default faces are ugly (sorry, dear developers).

"Good Lord Boyet, my beauty, though but mean,
Needs not the painted flourish of your praise:
Beauty is bought by judgement of the eye,
Not utter'd by base sale of chapmen's tongues"

visit the modding section to learn how you can customize your game. You will need to do it yourself, as there is no sub mod (IIRC) with alternate faces available

kalarhan said:
You have the answer, but you can double check by downloading the game code. Its is available on the mod section.
Yes, but this answer is not working for me, because I have no such events 200+ days. So there is some conditions, that I can not achieve. That is why I keep asking.
And I am not very familiar with coding :sad:

Nerevar said:
Yes, but this answer is not working for me,

answer won't change just because you asked it three times  :smile:

if you feel your savegame is bugged/broken then visit the support section, create a thread (ticket) and post your savegame/rgl_log.txt. Also detail your game (any tweaks/mods/etc you are using). That way devs can look into it

Petro Buleka said:
How sell prisoners to Lords? I offer them to prisoners (mid-level units), but they always say that "none of them are warriors."

only upper tier soldiers can be sold. the lord should have enough money for the transaction.

Hey so I am on a Royal sandbox, the one where you start as a king, and I rule Cornubia. I am a bit concerned because when the messages come up for all the possible rebellions, there is one in Ireland, on in Wales, and the other is one of my vassals. Back earlier in the campaign our relations were horrible because he had no fiefs but not Ive got him beefed up with 3 forts and a village, and our relationship is 90+, but he is showing up in the "possible rebellions" rumors and I am a  bit worried about what he may try to do. Any help?

Celticfury3 said:
Hey so I am on a Royal sandbox, the one where you start as a king, and I rule Cornubia. I am a bit concerned because when the messages come up for all the possible rebellions, there is one in Ireland, on in Wales, and the other is one of my vassals. Back earlier in the campaign our relations were horrible because he had no fiefs but not Ive got him beefed up with 3 forts and a village, and our relationship is 90+, but he is showing up in the "possible rebellions" rumors and I am a  bit worried about what he may try to do. Any help?

Is he the former king? I seem to remember in Royal Sandbox the guy who's normally king ends up as a landless vassal of yours. No idea if it's possible for him to start a rebellion, could maybe happen as your kingdom is technically the player kingdom and not the original Cornubia. Who knows, sounds like an interesting situation could develop :smile:. I wouldn't give him any more walled centers though.

kraggrim said:
Celticfury3 said:

Is he the former king? I seem to remember in Royal Sandbox the guy who's normally king ends up as a landless vassal of yours. No idea if it's possible for him to start a rebellion, could maybe happen as your kingdom is technically the player kingdom and not the original Cornubia. Who knows, sounds like an interesting situation could develop :smile:. I wouldn't give him any more walled centers though.

Holy **** I had not even thought of that lol  :facepalm: Makes sense now because I thought it was strange he had a crown :ohdear: Do you know how vassals rebellions play out? Is there anyway to ensure no one takes his side in a conflict?

Well that's the thing, a former king starting a rebellion and resurrecting his kingdom is a different  process from a vassal rebelling and switching kingdoms. Only the latter won't happen if you have high relations. If the former can happen while he's a vassal.... probaably not but I kinda hope so tbh, want to see how it would play out :smile:.

Edit:
(24*7,    #MOTO randomize (see below). Idea is that over 100 days, every defeated faction will randomly consider rebellion ONCE on average
      [
        (store_skill_level, ":skill", "skl_leadership", "trp_player"),
        (store_attribute_level, ":charisma", "trp_player", ca_charisma),
        (store_random_in_range, ":rand", 1, 12),
        (try_begin),
          (ge, ":skill", 6),
          (ge, ":charisma", 12),
          (ge, ":rand", 2),
          # (display_message, "@The defeated kingdoms seem calm, and your reports confirm that there are no rebellion plots.", 0xFF0000),
        (else_try),
          (try_for_range, ":cur_troop", kings_begin, lords_end),
            (troop_slot_eq, ":cur_troop", slot_troop_occupation, slto_kingdom_hero),
          (troop_get_slot, ":eek:riginal_faction", ":cur_troop", slot_troop_original_faction),
            (neg|faction_slot_eq, ":eek:riginal_faction", slot_faction_state, sfs_active),

(store_troop_faction, ":faction_no", ":cur_troop"),

(neq, ":faction_no", ":eek:riginal_faction"),
            (faction_get_slot, ":current_leader", ":faction_no", slot_faction_leader), #his current king
            (call_script, "script_troop_get_relation_with_troop", ":current_leader", ":cur_troop"),
            (assign, ":relation_with_currentking", reg0),

Seems like it checks if the lords original faction is still around. So if the royal sandbox mode sets a lord's original faction slot to player faction rather than Cornubia (which I'm presuming it does to avoid messy situations like this) then hopefully no lord's will be able to faction-revive that king. So I think it'll be fine.

Also anyone know why the Irish and Britons don't have tier 5 troops with lvl 31 stats? Every other faction has what one might call and "elite" branch of its troop trees where the level and stats of a certain tier are better than the standard. Like huskarls are lvl 31 whereas most other faction troops in that category are 29. And even with troops of lower tier such as lvl 3 and 4, once again Norse companion and Pictish veterans have a slightly higher level and stats with those unit branches. So my question is why wasnt this given the the Irish and Britons?

Celticfury3 said:
why the Irish and Britons don't have tier 5 troops

short answer: factions are not created equal. Each one, in special different cultures, requires that the player learns a new playstyle as the troops are different (more or less cavalry, skirmishers, archers, spears, swords, etc).

there is also the historical factor and gameplay balance reasons behind the troop tree design.

if you want to change it visit the modding section. If you want to discuss the variation by culture visit the lore section. If you want to discuss game balance create a new thread for that.

Back
Top Bottom