Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

þörleifr said:
Hey guys a quick question on troops. 160 days into my playthrough as a norse soon to be king. Im building up my army and atm have it split mostly 50/50 between drengr and hirthmathr. I checked and their stats and they have the same power strike and iron flesh. And they seem to have the same armour. Yet the hirthmathr and even my rekkr's tend to die and get KOed a lot more than my drengr. Not sure if there is a difference in armour or just the defensive advantage of the spear to keep them at a distance. Just wondering if there is a definitive reason why they get dropped so easily.

Well, when the shield wall is formed your companions are in front while spearmen are in the back. I guess companions take the first hit thus their survivability is lower, although in the long run / close quarter combat they are better IMO

I have them in seperate divisions side by side so they have even exposure to battle and as you said they are better in close quarters so i assumed they would have better chance of surviving.

Petro Buleka said:
I created a kingdom by two different characters and didn't receive the crown.

Code:
(
    "notification_player_faction_active",0,
    "You now possess land in your name, without being tied to any kingdom. This makes you a monarch in your own right, with your court temporarily located at {s12}. However, the other kings in the Northlands will at first consider you a threat, for if any upstart warlord can grab a throne, then their own legitimacy is called into question.^^You may find it desirable at this time to pledge yourself to an existing kingdom. If you want to continue as a sovereign monarch, then your first priority should be to establish an independent right to rule. You can establish your right to rule through several means -- marrying into a high-born family, recruiting new lords, governing your lands, treating with other kings, or dispatching your companions on missions.^^At any rate, your first step should be to appoint a chief minister from among your companions, to handle affairs of state. Different companions have different capabilities.^You may appoint new ministers from time to time. You may also change the location of your court, by speaking to the minister.",
    "none",
    [
      (troop_add_item, "trp_player", "itm_crown1", 0), #chief corona al nuevo rey

@Petro Buleka, maybe your inventory was filled with loot after taking your first castle/town, so there was no room to give it to you. Use the cheat-menu item finder to get another one.

And sea-king does not stack, it's only based on player skill.

@þörleifr, the AI combines infantry and spearmen in one block, which is very effective. Presumably your spearmen are better at coping with this since they'll stay at range with only the front enemy rank. Whereas your infantry have to move closer and get hit by both enemy infantry and the spearmen behind them.

Combining them together has always worked best for me. If you want multiple blocks of troops then consider hiring some mercs/bandits of each type to supplement, or troops from another culture.

Ok, I have destroyed bandits and got myself my very first Nad. Yay me!!! I guess... The problem is, it is tempered and stats are
SR = 89
WR = 96

On forums peop r getting different nads for some reason? Usually
SR = 95
WR = 100

HOW IS THIS? Did I get a wrong Nad?

Tirion Fordring said:

Game is 1 1/2 year old, so you can expect changes with patchs that make old comments not 100% reliable  :mrgreen:

Also that is how the game works. Tempered is a modifier. A modifier modifies a item stats. Tempered, as a example, increases damage with a +4, which matches your post.

Code:
["sword_premium1", "Nad", [("Sword51",0),("Scabbard51", ixmesh_carry)], itp_type_one_handed_wpn|itp_primary|itp_no_blur, itc_longsword|itcf_carry_sword_left_hip|itcf_show_holster_when_drawn,
 8960 , weight(1.25)|difficulty(7)|spd_rtng(89) | weapon_length(96)|swing_damage(34 , cut) | thrust_damage(14 ,  pierce),imodbits_sword],
That is the current "base/plain/not modified" Nad, if you start a new game with 2.023.

Game source is available for download. You can check that and other features for yourself. See modding section for instructions.

kalarhan said:
Tirion Fordring said:

Game is 1 1/2 year old, so you can expect changes with patchs that make old comments not 100% reliable  :mrgreen:

Also that is how the game works. Tempered is a modifier. A modifier modifies a item stats. Tempered, as a example, increases damage with a +4, which matches your post.

Code:
["sword_premium1", "Nad", [("Sword51",0),("Scabbard51", ixmesh_carry)], itp_type_one_handed_wpn|itp_primary|itp_no_blur, itc_longsword|itcf_carry_sword_left_hip|itcf_show_holster_when_drawn,
 8960 , weight(1.25)|difficulty(7)|spd_rtng(89) | weapon_length(96)|swing_damage(34 , cut) | thrust_damage(14 ,  pierce),imodbits_sword],
That is the current "base/plain/not modified" Nad, if you start a new game with 2.023.

Game source is available for download. You can check that and other features for yourself. See modding section for instructions.

Dam, u didint think about game updates / different versions and stuff like that!
Ty for answer m8.

Alright -- this is driving me nuts. I've tried everything I can think of in game (except spending the crazy cash required for lordly gifts), and I can't improve relationship with companions. The only one who had relationship improve was Reginhard -- from the initial story when he joins up -- but it hasn't budged since then.  Morale among the troops is kept high, and that doesn't seem to have an effect.  Nor do in-game quests or actions.

All companions have their relationship sitting at 0. I can't bump it up, it never goes down. As a result, however, they don't follow when I go places like Odin's cave (not even Reginhard, with a 20+ relationship). 

How do you improve relations with the companions? Or is it simply not possible in story mode?

You have oppurtunities through the story mode which allows you to improve your relations with them(through dialog options) and vice versa. Another option is talking to them from the party window and giving them bracelets worth 3000 coins.

erennuman_mb said:
You have oppurtunities through the story mode which allows you to improve your relations with them(through dialog options) and vice versa. Another option is talking to them from the party window and giving them bracelets worth 3000 coins.

That's what I was afraid of. So far, the only one who's had options like that was the first companion -- and 3,000 coins is pretty bloody steep, considering what that buys in the rest of the game.

Ah, well!  Play through and see what happens. :smile: Thanks for the answer!

Quick question on the Storyline when you talk to Jarl Sigfrid Ragnarson for the first time.

You can assure your loyalties by offering to recruit 600 men but get a quest to give him 200 men. I did it and rounded him up 200, quest succeeded, but no relationship change with him, just some experience boost I believe. As far as I can tell doing the quest was pointless in changing the storyline (but I am at up to before the assembly, working on Jarl relations)

Doesthe 200 men play any significant part at all? I'm okay with the spoiler I'd just like to avoid doing it again if it doesn't change anything trying to be nice to this guy.

Back
Top Bottom