Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Recruiting prisoners
I'm trying to figure out the criteria for when I may try to recruit prisoners. I'm not talking about the moral consequences. Only the criteria to be met in order for probability of success to be greater than zero, and any factors other than charisma that goes into the calculation of probability of success.
It seems to me that there are at least 2 or 3 parameters involved:
1) Time since last time you attempted to recruit prisoners. (Or maybe only time since last successful recruitment.)
2) Number of prisoners of the same unit type.
3) Level of the prisoner unit type.
I used to believe that amount of time the prisoners had travelled with you, was one of the parameters. I don't think so anymore, but may be wrong.
Anyone know how these mechanisms work? (parameters/formula/values)

Hey guys, Im playing singleplayer sandbox campaign and Im wondering, can u marry more than one woman ? Im currently married to Sigrunn, but she turned out to be a *****, when she slept with Owain map Hywel (retard who keeps raiding my villages, even when hes getting his ass kicked) 2 times already...there are too many "fishes in the sea" to let go all of them :smile:

I know this is a known 'issue', but I'll ask it anyways.

I'm a lord in Mierce (skipped the story campaign, because Ive done that part already).. and trying to find someome to marry. (male player character)

There are actually only 3 available women in my own faction (not sure if you can marry outside your faction, but the NPC's told me no).

2 of 3 are pagans and I'm Christian. These 2 women do appear in castles/cities and I can visit them regularly.
1 woman is a Christian, but her brother doesn't own any castle/city, so she only shows up during feasts. (her brother was actually a lord from another faction, I think)

I'm trying 2 things at the moment :
1. increasing my relation to the pagan lords in hope they'll allow a Christian to marry their pagan brethren (currently +- 50)
2. waiting for feasts for the Christian woman to appear and visit her then (most likely a succesful method, but takes a while)

- Is it possible for a pagan lord to allow marriage to a Christian with high relation?
- Was there another way to visit a lady, while they don't have a castle/city? (I remember that there wasn't)

The bummer is that the pagan lord doesn't give doable quests (I'm not raiding monastaries), so I need to gift him 5k to increase the relationship.
The Christian lord has maximum relation with me and I can't get the Cyning to grant him a castle.

I don't want to convert religion.. purely a roleplaying decision.

I do have another question, while I'm writing this.
I almost always only use my companions (5) in my party to travel and once in a while I pickup around 250-300 (low-level) troops to go raiding.
The following happened 3 times now and occurs after I garrison the 250-300 troops in my city:
- "Your followers have left" (or something similar)

Is it possible that this only references to the female camp followers troop?

I can't really pinpoint which troops have left, if any. None leave my refuge (elite troops), no higher troops leave my city.
Wouldn't know how many freeholders left (got a ton of those as 'cannon fodder')
Camp followers only leave after I garrisoned the entire troop; never after garrisoning my refuge; only after I actually did do raiding; I don't think I ever dropped below 'higher than average' morale (and that only once after clicking the wrong option).

WDMeaun said:
- "Your followers have left" (or something similar)

That looks like it refers to the followers camp. You need 290+ troops or they will be disbanded. The game should show you a menu with a message explaining this.

DrunkenFrenchman said:
someone knew who the single lords were. Preferably Nord faction.

it changes on each game, so just check your notes -> factions, see who are the vassals and which ones are married.

Bazäu said:
So i was able to take advantage of a week fort and found my own kingdom, and now i'm at war with alba, and it seems that they armys are
endless, i defeated the same lord 4 times, the first time he had 300+ troops, the 2º and 3º time around 280 troops only at the 4º time we had 250+ troops this lord (don't remember the name) we has like 3 villages one fort and maybe a city.

My question (finally) is how does a lord get troops? does he removes them from castles and cities like the player and the number of the troops on the garrison goes down, or is it based on something else, because i have seem a lot of lords with only 30/80 parties.

They recruit troops over time, and have limitations controlled by their personal wealth/income. If you defeat a powerfull/rich lord he will come back faster while he still has saved cash.

Bazäu said:
So i was able to take advantage of a week fort and found my own kingdom, and now i'm at war with alba, and it seems that they armys are
endless, i defeated the same lord 4 times, the first time he had 300+ troops, the 2º and 3º time around 280 troops only at the 4º time we had 250+ troops this lord (don't remember the name) we has like 3 villages one fort and maybe a city.

My question (finally) is how does a lord get troops? does he removes them from castles and cities like the player and the number of the troops on the garrison goes down, or is it based on something else, because i have seem a lot of lords with only 30/80 parties.

They recruit troops over time, and have limitations controlled by their personal wealth/income. If you defeat a powerfull/rich lord he will come back faster while he still has saved cash.

Ok thanks :grin: so that also explains why i got 20k form one lord ransom and the 2ª time just 9k one more thing do they remove troops from their holdings castles and towns? I want to take a city but there is way too many troops inside i can defeat the lord of the town, so does he go to the city and get troops out of the city and into his army? getting the number of the troops in the city down?

Bazäu said:
getting the number of the troops in the city down?

You can starve them out by reducing the center prosperity (attack villages/villagers, traders, etc). This will reduce garrison size over time.

You can siege and starve them out directly. In a few days they will run out of food and sally out (attack you on the field), or surrender.

You can use siege events to affect this as well.

So yeah I got the Lord's relation to 100, he told me his daughter is a suitable candidate. And my char keeps saying never mind.  Any suggestions. Thank you for your time.

CeltiberoCaesar said:
As in many other features of VC, the acceptance answer has a "random" chance... Keep trying and if you definetly can't get the wife, share your savegame with the name of the lady.

Hey thank you very much I will try that and post my results.

Some questions

1-on VC is it possible to send out a recruiter like in brytenwalda, and say to him to recruit juts troops of a culture?

2- can i, and how i chose a culture form my kingdom, because i have conquered a castle from alt-cult and the troops they stay there we i said i wanted to wait on the decision of giving it a way where bitronics

3- i have a companion has my minister and i say to him to train troops on my city and for some reason , when he ask me if i want to use the alternative promotion i automatically say yes should it give me the opportunity to say no? because i don't what to train the kind of troops

Bazäu said:
1-on VC is it possible to send out a recruiter like in brytenwalda, and say to him to recruit juts troops of a culture?

2- can i, and how i chose a culture form my kingdom, because i have conquered a castle from alt-cult and the troops they stay there we i said i wanted to wait on the decision of giving it a way where bitronics

3- i have a companion has my minister and i say to him to train troops on my city and for some reason , when he ask me if i want to use the alternative promotion i automatically say yes should it give me the opportunity to say no? because i don't what to train the kind of troops

1 - nope
2 - your kingdom follows your culture (from when you created your character). However, the recruits from a place are part of the population, so they follow the original culture from there. If you want recruit Norseman you will need to go to places where they live, and so on.
3 - you can choose paths, make sure your game is updated (beta for instance is version 2.023)

Bazäu said:
2.021 on steam, how do i make the update there to the beta?

check the beta thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347657.0.html

Nijs said:
Hello, somehow im unable to use any weapons in villages and towns but in farmsteads, monasteries, quarries, etc it is possible. I can use weapons during tournaments in towns and in the battlefield vs all enemies i have no problem as well.

You can use your weapons. Make sure you are not using your second outfit without any weapons, as when visiting a village/town the game switches to that gear.

Visit your camp, outfit, and make sure it is all there.

If you can't figure out your issue, then visit the support subforum, create a thread there and include your savegame (a downloable link to Dropbox or similar)

Nijs said:
Hello, somehow im unable to use any weapons in villages and towns but in farmsteads, monasteries, quarries, etc it is possible. I can use weapons during tournaments in towns and in the battlefield vs all enemies i have no problem as well.

You can use your weapons. Make sure you are not using your second outfit without any weapons, as when visiting a village/town the game switches to that gear.

Visit your camp, outfit, and make sure it is all there.

If you can't figure out your issue, then visit the support subforum, create a thread there and include your savegame (a downloable link to Dropbox or similar)

Hey @Kalarhan

Totally forgot about second outfit lol. Thank you!

HaraldAndersson said:
Can I get my companions who left me (Asbjorn, Solveig, Egil) back?

HaraldAndersson said:
Storyline spoiler:
I was really disappointed when Asbjorn and Solveig left me after I dealt with Egil (who apparently survived our encounter) :?:Since Bodo's dead, they were my three best fighters, and the companions I was closest to. Is there any way I can get them back?

Yes, you will
get some of your companions back once the storyline is over. The game then becomes a normal sandbox and you can hunt down old companions by visiting taverns/special locations.

DEAD companions are dead tho, they won't be recruitable later on.

Keep in mind that a ex-companion may become a adventurer, and thus you won't be able to recruit him back.

The Onion Knight said:
Is there a way to play as an existing vassal or king? I want to play as Sigurd or Alfred and just wanted to know how. One example of this is the Sands of Faith mod where you can start as King Baldwin or one of his vassals. Thanks.

You can start as your own character (name, age, face, culture) as being a adventurer (noble or peasant), a lord (vassal of any kingdom) or a king (you "become" the king of a existing faction like Mercia).

You cannot replace a existing NPC in vanilla.

However you can do that with modding. There is not mod currently for that, so you will need to create your own. Visit the "Q&A mod" thread to learn more if you want to do this
:arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347990.0.html

Back
Top Bottom