Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm new to the game and so far... love it!  I've seen a few things here and there about horses such as different types, etc... but most of that info seems to be about native and not VC.  Is there a list of the various horses/ponies and their different stats somewhere?  I did a search and nothing seemed applicable in the VC board.

Thanks!!

Well, horses are better than ponies. Both have different levels, but I think even the best pony grade is worse than the worst horse grade.
At the highest levels there are two horses, one is faster and more manoeuvrable, the other tougher and does more charge damage.
Just look at the horse merchants offer and you will quicköy now what is available.

stevehoos said:
I swear something is bugged with looting quality armors. In this new sandbox I am 250 + days in with a 9 in looting rating and I have only looted 1 high quality armor out of 100 + battles against huge viking parties. In my last game, I had instances where I looted 2 in one battle. Something is bugged with my current campaign in this regard, I can't attain any quality armor no matter what party I fight. 

updated: it's bugged, there is no question. I have fought Viking parties of 50+ 15 times in a row without ever getting a single quality armor. There's no way the looting % is this low.
Are you using the "share the loot as its common option"? I think that if use the loot fist(or something like that) you can acess better loot.

Two quick questions:

1. Can you conquer cities during the story campaign? I know that castles work, because I have two (took them myself) and a village as fiefs now.

2. I forgot that one  :facepalm: , wil maybe post later.... Wait! Now I got it: What's the limit of ships ypu can have? Somebody on this thread posted six ships, but I have a fleet of six and recently got a seventh as loot and it's part of my fleet now and everything is fine. So what is the actual limt?

redsimon said:
Two quick questions:

1. Can you conquer cities during the story campaign? I know that castles work, because I have two (took them myself) and a village as fiefs now.

2. I forgot that one  :facepalm: , wil maybe post later.... Wait! Now I got it: What's the limit of ships ypu can have? Somebody on this thread posted six ships, but I have a fleet of six and recently got a seventh as loot and it's part of my fleet now and everything is fine. So what is the actual limt?

1. I think you're not actually supposed to be able to take castles or towns during the storyline, weird.

2. 7 is the limit,

kraggrim said:
redsimon said:
Two quick questions:

1. I think you're not actually supposed to be able to take castles or towns during the storyline, weird.

2. 7 is the limit,
1. It works fine, I just conquered Ribe. The only option not possible is to straight up conquer, you can only loot and conquer.
2. So it is a hard limit? No formula? I'm asking because of the sea king skill.

But I have two more questions:

3. What is the formula for the fief limit? In other words, how many fiefs can I have? I have high charisma and leadership, so I hope that plays a role.

4. Can you get more tax money from your fiefs if peole like you more in a settlement? Because people in the two castles I have hate me now and I wonder how much I could rake in if they loved me.

Laizenbh said:
stevehoos said:
I swear something is bugged with looting quality armors. In this new sandbox I am 250 + days in with a 9 in looting rating and I have only looted 1 high quality armor out of 100 + battles against huge viking parties. In my last game, I had instances where I looted 2 in one battle. Something is bugged with my current campaign in this regard, I can't attain any quality armor no matter what party I fight. 

updated: it's bugged, there is no question. I have fought Viking parties of 50+ 15 times in a row without ever getting a single quality armor. There's no way the looting % is this low.
Are you using the "share the loot as its common option"? I think that if use the loot fist(or something like that) you can acess better loot.

Tried that, had to start my game over. Never gave me any armor for my companions, sandbox bug.

redsimon said:
3. What is the formula for the fief limit? In other words, how many fiefs can I have? I have high charisma and leadership, so I hope that plays a role.

4. Can you get more tax money from your fiefs if peole like you more in a settlement? Because people in the two castles I have hate me now and I wonder how much I could rake in if they loved me.

There is no hard limit on fifes, you can own the whole map. Just with more than 3-7 depending on difficulty settings it does not pay well.

Income from fifes depends on several things. Improvements, state of attached villages, tax rate, how long since it has been plundered. I do not think if they like you is directly involved, but indirectly I think it affects recovering to higher levels of prosperity, and allows higher tax rates. Oh, and protecting trade caravans and villagers taking in their goods.

I purchased Viking Conquest today from taleworld and i cant install.I keep getting a message saying i need warband on my computer but i already have it on my computer. Can anyone help me?

T1mmy87 said:
I purchased Viking Conquest today from taleworld and i cant install.I keep getting a message saying i need warband on my computer but i already have it on my computer. Can anyone help me?
Maybe add the 2 keys from warband and VC to a steam account solves your problem.

redsimon said:
How does a horse become lame?
It's the second time now that my horse got lame, and this time it was a Champion Horse.
Horses are crazy expensive, how can I prevent that?

You lose ALL his/her health points in battle. If you lose your horse this way there is a chance it will become lame. If it becomes lame, it will heal if you have wound treatment, but will lose any modifier like Champion, Spirted, Heavy, and Stubborn.

If it was swayback or lame when it was lost in battle there is a chance it will be lost completely.

This may have been asked before, my apologies if it has: Can Morgh's editor appropriately handle the new skills added in VC to troops NPC's without causing null statements or other problems after editing those entries on said troop/npc? Or perhaps the MB Barracks Editor would be more usable?

Any information would help.

Shaxx said:
This may have been asked before, my apologies if it has: Can Morgh's editor appropriately handle the new skills added in VC without causing null statements or other problems after editing those entries? Or perhaps the MB Barracks Editor would be more usable?

Morgh's can be used with a few limits. One you run across most is it cannot handle weapons and armor with modifiers. Though as long as you do not save the unit when the error comes up you can use it with problems.

Ivan Khan said:
Shaxx said:
This may have been asked before, my apologies if it has: Can Morgh's editor appropriately handle the new skills added in VC without causing null statements or other problems after editing those entries? Or perhaps the MB Barracks Editor would be more usable?

Morgh's can be used with a few limits. One you run across most is it cannot handle weapons and armor with modifiers. Though as long as you do not save the unit when the error comes up you can use it with problems.
I have heard as much about the item issues on troop records, I was considering buffing some Danish/Norwegian lords to have better pathfinding and spotting, so they make it over the sea and back a little quicker as needed, and probably give boosts to skills of the sons of Ragnar, Aelfred the Great, and perhaps some of the characters from the story line that come into violent contact with the player. I just do not want to the price of this being new skills added by the expansion pack to be reverted to zero as they all seem to be a part of the same branch of numbers in the troop text file in each NPC record.

Edit:

Deduced this myself, findings, Morgh's editor does not recognize the extra skills and will change the skill entries to a native system if you update the troop without any changes, or with them, even ones not to the troop's skills.

This:
1610615200 2774833286 80 566180 78292320 0

Turned into this:
1610615200 2774833286 80 41892 697696 0

Not game breaking, but will cause NPC's to not use those skills, which for lords involves the navigation skill, which is definitely something you want them to have some of, I imagine, for balance reasons.

Back
Top Bottom