Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

kalarhan said:
dorgus142 said:
There still isn't any way to give away a fief being a vassal, right? I wanted to get rid of my Village so tax inefficiency wouldn't kick in.

Nope, but

kalarhan said:
your AI campaign defines the base for it (the harder it is, the lower the limit)
if you have +50% relation with your minister you get a bonus
and the "staff" you pay 3.000 a week gives another bonus

Regardless of that: you still have a limit (how many towns, forts and villages you can own). Towns are worth 2 points, forts and villages 1 point.

When you go beyond the limit you will get corruption penalty. Again your campaign AI will define the % (how much you lose).

In your case: improve relation with minister; change game difficulty if you want to; give centers to your vassals

TLDR: you can't own the entire world, you need to depend on vassals

I've read that message before, but I thought it wouldn't help for a few reasons:

First, I don't have a minister (nor a wife, but woking on it). On native I remember it was King only. It still is? If so, that's out of the question for now. And 3k a week is way beyond my budget for now anyway.

I've read somewhere that on "good/hardcore" campaign AI the amout of fiefs you can own is 2 before tax inefficiency kicks in. I think this was native. If so, on VC it's 2 points you spoke of? Or it's a different ammout? That could mean I can only own a town or 2 forts/villages?

dorgus142 said:
If so, on VC it's 2 points you spoke of?

your AI campaign defines the base for it (the harder it is, the lower the limit)
Base value. Add bonus (like minister that likes you). Say your points before loses is 6.
That would mean you can rule 3 towns, or 2 towns and 2 castles, ... or 6 villages.
Having tax inef. is not the end of the world  :razz:, just make sure you are still getting more than you lose from it. Like a town that pays 5k in rent+taxes would be worth losing that 1k.

You will have to lose your village like I mentioned or live with the small loss for now. Later you can rebel/become a king and control this further. Or start over in a new kingdom as a vassal.

kalarhan said:
dorgus142 said:

Base value. Add bonus (like minister that likes you). Say your points before loses is 6.
That would mean you can rule 3 towns, or 2 towns and 2 castles, ... or 6 villages.
Having tax inef. is not the end of the world  :razz:, just make sure you are still getting more than you lose from it. Like a town that pays 5k in rent+taxes would be worth losing that 1k.

You will have to lose your village like I mentioned or live with the small loss for now. Later you can rebel/become a king and control this further. Or start over in a new kingdom as a vassal.

Hmmm now I get it. The base value should be 3 or 4 then. Started getting tax inef. after I conquered the town.

Anyway, I'll try to become a Marshall and take out all the troops from the village's fort. Other than that I don't know how to make the enemy conquer it. Though as you said, it's a "small" loss, though I'm getting anything between 0 to 1k profit per week. That 1k+ is more than double the profit.

Also, thank you for all the help. I wish this forum had a rating/reputation system. But meanwhile, *donates 500 pennings* *donates 500 pennings* *donates 500 pennings*.

EDIT: for the record, this is my last budget: http://i.imgur.com/GBDYPNU.png

So, has the 'rescue lord from X Castle' quest been taken out of VC?

The only quest I ever get that pertains to that is the 'capture a lord of X faction for a prisoner exchange.' If it has been taken out, aww  :sad: Used to be my favorite quest for bumping up relationships with lords.

dorgus142 said:
kalarhan said:
dorgus142 said:

Hmmm now I get it. The base value should be 3 or 4 then. Started getting tax inef. after I conquered the town.

Anyway, I'll try to become a Marshall and take out all the troops from the village's fort. Other than that I don't know how to make the enemy conquer it. Though as you said, it's a "small" loss, though I'm getting anything between 0 to 1k profit per week. That 1k+ is more than double the profit.

Also, thank you for all the help. I wish this forum had a rating/reputation system. But meanwhile, *donates 500 pennings* *donates 500 pennings* *donates 500 pennings*.

EDIT: for the record, this is my last budget: http://i.imgur.com/GBDYPNU.png

Buy Enterprises man!

TheBarbarian said:
So, has the 'rescue lord from X Castle' quest been taken out of VC?

The only quest I ever get that pertains to that is the 'capture a lord of X faction for a prisoner exchange.' If it has been taken out, aww  :sad: Used to be my favorite quest for bumping up relationships with lords.

no. You can even get this from the lord's wife.
TLDR: there are 2 rescue quests in VC

ronin44 said:
Seriously, What happen If you couldnt find your cattle?
Without your protection cattle can be taken by bandits. So you probably lost them forever :XD

dorgus142 said:
Though as you said, it's a "small" loss, though I'm getting anything between 0 to 1k profit per week. That 1k+ is more than double the profit.
If you depend on that for profits (instead of trading, looting, ransom from lords, etc) you will need to reduce your expenses. Replace garrison troops in some of your fiefs, as you are paying a lot every week. Also remember that you can put your personal troops on garrison duty to pay less in wages, in case you are not planning to use them for combat.

guys please don't copy quote a entire post. Use spoiler tags to hide extra stuff (or edit and delete part of the text). That way we can have a clean thread for Q&A

Laizenbh said:
Buy Enterprises man!

Too long of a term for an investment. I have a few "short" term objetives that need a huge ammout of money. After that I definetly will.

kalarhan said:
If you depend on that for profits (instead of trading, looting, ransom from lords, etc) you will need to reduce your expenses. Replace garrison troops in some of your fiefs, as you are paying a lot every week. Also remember that you can put your personal troops on garrison duty to pay less in wages, in case you are not planning to use them for combat.

I wasn't very economically active, actually reached a 18k debt before getting the town. But it's cool now. I'll start researching trade routes to get more money, since Alban seems to only make wars overseas.  I can't fight with only 32 people on 3 small boats. I just need to find a good trading route.

I travel light when not in war, only with max 40-50 boandi to level them up, everything else I keep garrisoned to reduce costs. I don't own too many units though, only about 450. But there are a lot of high tiered units. I fear for attacks if I reduce my garrisons even more.

Only enough ships to hold your warriors appear. If you own 3 busse's and you have 40 men only one busse half full appears

How can I raise relation with the Christians, as a hated pagan?

I'm losing relation with other kingdoms, and I can't donate to priests or anything. Is there any way to raise a bit the relation without converting?

the only way I found was if you owned a fort solving the disputes in a way that favours the Christians. Hammers your relation with pagans and popularity among your fort if its a pagan centre. Don't know anything else short of converting.

Oleka2K said:
Something I am missing?  No castles have any females in them.  I am 100+ days in and was like hey maybe I will get married never done that... but come to find out no females in any castles! lol.  I don't use mods just basic install/auto updates from steam.  I really hope I don't have to start a new game, I don't cheat, and I do all the extra stuff.  I have walked all around the inner walls, basically searched every part of a handful of castles but no females.  I have even asked the lord of the castle where his daughter is and he says she is at the castle I am at but she isn't there.

Seems you are new to Warband.

You can meet the ladies (unmarried girls) on feasts and talk to them. Other possibility is to convince the guardian (lord that is father, brother, etc) to allow you to court her.

Once you gain permission you will be able to visit the girl on the guardian's court (castle/town).

They are hidden away otherwise. You can only see the married ones in the hall.

dorgus142 said:

I'm losing relation with other kingdoms, and I can't donate to priests or anything. Is there any way to raise a bit the relation without converting?

Monasteries sometimes give quests even to pagan, but only when You have more than 0 relation(not negative),  when You have negative relation the only way is solving disputes in town/castles in favor of christians.

Laizenbh said:
dorgus142 said:

Monasteries sometimes give quests even to pagan, but only when You have more than 0 relation(not negative),  when You have negative relation the only way is solving disputes in town/castles in favor of christians.
Or, you could go to a monastery, convert to christianity, which puts you in 0 relationship with Christians, and then go donating money to churches until your relationship with Christians is atleast 10 or so and convert back to paganism. Now you should have atleast neutral relationship with Christians.

Hey folks, Can I join a faction, get permission from a lord (that I have great relations with) to marry his daughter. Then renounce my oath from the faction, get my own castle, marry said girl without being disowned by her father?

Not a big fan of having to join a faction in order to marry, it kind of makes for a linear play through.

Royal Sandbox:

As King of Denmark i am having small problem. For now i have been waiting weeks for ships to travel to another port. The guy just keeps saying sorry there is no ships...

kalarhan said:
Tipsu94 said:
For now i have been waiting weeks for ships to travel to another port. The guy just keeps saying sorry there is no ships...
check back once a week for new ships

you can also order one from the special shipmasters (crafting a ship)

if you are in a hurry... active cheats, visit the port and you will see a new button (left corner of the screen) that adds ships for sale

No i am not talking about buying own ship. Or is it just right that King can't seatravel without own ship ?

kalarhan said:
Tipsu94 said:
No i am not talking about buying own ship. Or is it just right that King can't seatravel without own ship ?

a marshal can't travel on a paid ship. That is exactly what the npc says to you in the game btw (pay attention to the dialogs).

You need to buy your own ships OR choose a new marshal (talk to your minister).

Well to me it is just ''There is no passenger ships avaible that can take marshal and his whole army ''.  For me it does not say directly that you cannot use paid ships if you are marshal. To be honestly that sentence is bit funny , 5 man in party and they cant take me as passenger becouse i am Marshal with no war or nothing..

Back
Top Bottom