Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

kraggrim said:
Rodan said:
1. Is there a simple tweak or fix for when you select "stroll through town" in a city menu, it automatically puts you on your horse instead
    of spawning you on foot? I vaguely remember this was the case in vanilla/ Silverstag/ Floris

Rodan, do you remember more specifically which mod this was in?

Not having a horse is a combination of 3 things:

mission template you are in
entry point you are using
script override conditions (you can set flags before the spawn, you don't need to use the ones defined in the MST) with this operation mission_tpl_entry_set_override_flags

It would not be a simple "1 line" tweak

Is marriage as a female character the same as native? For example hounerable lords do not consider    marriage forcing you to give your waster husband way more than  he deserves in feifs etc to stop him throwing his toys out of the pram!

kalarhan said:
Not having a horse is a combination of 3 things:

mission template you are in
entry point you are using
script override conditions (you can set flags before the spawn, you don't need to use the ones defined in the MST) with this operation mission_tpl_entry_set_override_flags

It would not be a simple "1 line" tweak

I see, that's why my siege-horse tweak isn't working for town visits :smile:.

erennuman_mb said:
Regardless of which mod you're playing, you only spawn with your horse if you choose stroll through town before doing anything else(like visiting the tavern).
Also if you're using a second outfit, it must have a horse(in cities).

Liffy said:
Is marriage as a female character the same as native? For example hounerable lords do not consider    marriage forcing you to give your waster husband way more than  he deserves in feifs etc to stop him throwing his toys out of the pram!
When I played female in Native my hubby had 100 relation with me. He never dropped no matter what I did.

erennuman_mb said:
erennuman_mb said:
Regardless of which mod you're playing, you only spawn with your horse if you choose stroll through town before doing anything else(like visiting the tavern).
Also if you're using a second outfit, it must have a horse(in cities).

Interesting. In villages it works without a horse in the second outfit.

is the "Make Sure Two Lords Do Not Object to Peace" quest supposed to make a peace right away between the two factions? cause i completed it and the war keeps dragging on

never mind i got peace after 2 days :smile:

another question:

does the amount of butter you get from cows go up the more cows you have (does it "stack")?

and ive had my cows eventually dissapear from my inventory. Whats the cause of this.. do they die or what?

harpred said:
never mind i got peace after 2 days :smile:

another question:

does the amount of butter you get from cows go up the more cows you have (does it "stack")?

and ive had my cows eventually dissapear from my inventory. Whats the cause of this.. do they die or what?

Nope. one cow = max butter
I have had "bessy" for about 1,100 days now. She hasn't gone anywhere. Maybe she left out of udder despair? Maybe she got jealous about the udder cows! :cry:

harpred said:

no and no

kwbudirt said:
quick question. Is there any way to obtain your first ship without buying it or cheating?

In sandbox you mean? Maybe if you were attacked while travelling as a passenger, and looted one afterwards. I don't know if that's actually possible though.

I'll book a few North Sea sight-seeing cruises and check. Can't be worse than sitting on the beach watching the AI have all the fun.

kwbudirt said:
I'll book a few North Sea sight-seeing cruises and check. Can't be worse than sitting on the beach watching the AI have all the fun.
Increase your looting skill a bit and buy a cheap ship, then try to capture bandit ships.

Storymode..fyi

When you build a Refuge should the idea that it will be a permanent location?  Or can you move it to other locations?

Main reason is I'm in Denmark and the ship I get holds only 27 men.  I have no place to dump troops so I don't lose them.  Kinda annoying.  I do plan to get another ship, which I assume will let me travel at sea with a larger army, but I need to leave Denmark to do it as Ribe only has one big ship that I don't want right now.

I was thinking of setting up a refuge in Denmark temporarily to house some of my men, but not sure if Denmark is the best place for the refuge longterm

Speaking of which, any recommendations on a long term refuge?

(side note: Any advice on that damn Troll Dude)

lymond said:
Storymode..fyi
When you build a Refuge should the idea that it will be a permanent location?  Or can you move it to other locations?

Main reason is I'm in Denmark and the ship I get holds only 27 men.  I have no place to dump troops so I don't lose them.  Kinda annoying.  I do plan to get another ship, which I assume will let me travel at sea with a larger army, but I need to leave Denmark to do it as Ribe only has one big ship that I don't want right now.

I was thinking of setting up a refuge in Denmark temporarily to house some of my men, but not sure if Denmark is the best place for the refuge longterm

Speaking of which, any recommendations on a long term refuge?

(side note: Any advice on that damn Troll Dude)

1) You can destroy your refuge and build a new one in any area (but it will be a level 1 again, so all upgrades will be lost)
2) You have a free quarter option. You can have 2 of these "quarter" camps where you can put troops. Only difference is that they are paid in full (wages)
3) I like to have my refuge on a small island. Close to the sea, protected from bandits and lords and it can have a small port (dock)
4) Kill the troll before he kills you. Serious tho: bring two shields and work on your defense, you will kill him but it is not easy. Throw spears can help a lot if you are good with them.

erennuman_mb said:
kwbudirt said:
Increase your looting skill a bit and buy a cheap ship, then try to capture bandit ships.
Thanks. That's what I going to try next. Looting is 8+2 so good chance. Did try to get attacked while traveling but no dice. It was a long shot but what the heck. Gotta try new stuff in an RPG.. see what happens. :smile:

kalarhan said:
1) You can destroy your refuge and build a new one in any area (but it will be a level 1 again, so all upgrades will be lost)
2) You have a free quarter option. You can have 2 of these "quarter" camps where you can put troops. Only difference is that they are paid in full (wages)
3) I like to have my refuge on a small island. Close to the sea, protected from bandits and lords and it can have a small port (dock)
4) Kill the troll before he kills you. Serious tho: bring two shields and work on your defense, you will kill him but it is not easy. Throw spears can help a lot if you are good with them.

Thanks...any thoughts on a nice island (area) for that refuge.  Makes a lot of sense.  There's some right outside Ribe but not sure if that should be the best focal point.  I have no idea what the best troops or faction I should focus on in storymode.  (i focus welsh in sandbox but i'm open to anything in storymode).  I did catch somewhere that:

I think as part of the story we will vassal to NorthUmbria at some point

Not sure I saw that quarter camp option.  I'll try to look for it.  I did finally get a nice second ship...actually faster than the free one and holds 55 men, so at least I can start building a larger army now.

Yep..I think I'm resign to just having to bulk up a bit before the Troll.  Just wanted whatever special he has

Back
Top Bottom