Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

- How visibly does encumbrance affects you ingame? I know heavier armor degrade athletics, thus slowing you down, but what about encumbrance? Does it affect my running speed, or even attack speed, after I certain threshold, like 20+ encumbrance makes me run or hit 5% slower? I do appreciate nimbleness and I'd like to know to delve into the mechanics, to finetune my character.

- Do skirmishers units not run from the incoming enemy? You know, like skirmishers would? Rome Total War comes to mind. I don't really trust my skirmishers to keep alive by themselves away from the main force, as they WALK from the murderous vikingrs instead of turning tail.

- What variables affect the pre-battle skirmisher option ? Number of skirmishers/arches present on both sides? The highest Tactics skill in the party?

apostrophe said:
- How visibly does encumbrance affects you ingame? I know heavier armor degrade athletics, thus slowing you down, but what about encumbrance? Does it affect my running speed, or even attack speed, after I certain threshold, like 20+ encumbrance makes me run or hit 5% slower? I do appreciate nimbleness and I'd like to know to delve into the mechanics, to finetune my character.

- Do skirmishers units not run from the incoming enemy? You know, like skirmishers would? Rome Total War comes to mind. I don't really trust my skirmishers to keep alive by themselves away from the main force, as they WALK from the murderous vikingrs instead of turning tail.

- What variables affect the pre-battle skirmisher option ? Number of skirmishers/arches present on both sides? The highest Tactics skill in the party?
1. Your movement and horse speed gets slower the more encumbrance you have.
2. You have to order them yourself, but yeah they do run, but since they're running backwards they're slow as if they're walking.
3. Your tactics skill and a bit of luck.

Another nooblican question. This time the topic is: SKILLCAP

Can the party skill cap exceed 10 with bonuses from companions or 10+2 still means 10?
Ty in advance

Tirion Fordring said:
Can the party skill cap exceed 10 with bonuses from companions or 10+2 still means 10?

short answer: it depends. Long answer: it depends  :smile:

only way to know case by case it to study the game code, which is available for download.

kalarhan said:
Tirion Fordring said:

short answer: it depends. Long answer: it depends  :smile:

only way to know case by case it to study the game code, which is available for download.

Surely someone already did it!

Tirion Fordring said:
Surely someone already did it!

sure, they did it by looking at the code, which is what you would do to start modding the game and having fun with custom versions  :smile:

if you meant someone made a public list... then nope, so you could be the first to make one for the guides thread!

apostrophe said:
I think I've stumbled once or twice ingame but I have to ask: where can I check the food supply of a city during a siege?

Right click a settlement before setting siege and it should give you an approximate of their food stores. Also I beleive during the seige process you can find that information out from the "get a scouts report on the settlement" option

2 things, are we almost there with 2.025 :ohdear:

and numero dos, what was the inspiration behind the new character models in this game? Im just curious because I liked the ones from the previous game and especially Brytenwalda, but these just seem so...... ugly. And also pertaining to character models their physique also seems to not make alot of sense, they are so upper body strength oriented they look like they have been skipping leg day their whole lives. I ofc dont play this wonderful game and DLC for looks so its really a minor complaint/curiosity, but i was just curious if anyone knew or an admin could tell me the thinking behind the decisions with the character models. Thanks :wink:

Celticfury3 said:

and numero dos, what was the inspiration behind the new character models in this game? Im just curious because I liked the ones from the previous game and especially Brytenwalda, but these just seem so...... ugly. And also pertaining to character models their physique also seems to not make alot of sense, they are so upper body strength oriented they look like they have been skipping leg day their whole lives. I ofc dont play this wonderful game and DLC for looks so its really a minor complaint/curiosity, but i was just curious if anyone knew or an admin could tell me the thinking behind the decisions with the character models. Thanks :wink:
I'm okay with the men but, to me the women's arms look ugly especially when they wear sleeveless dresses.

So, Why Caio has less attributes points than other companions?
My Caio has 3 Less AP than Morgant. Is this supposed to be this way cus in the long run Caio is weakest of them all

Tirion Fordring said:
So, Why Caio has less attributes points than other companions?

Companions are not created equally. Each has a background story (RP-element) and their stats reflect that, just like a new player that starts from level 1 is unique depending on the answers given at character creation.

At a new game/sandbox there is also the difference on initial level. Caio starts at level 5, while Morgant is level 13 (also related to their background story if you play storyline and talk to them)

Celticfury3 said:

Now that you pointed it, There is an distinct buffiness in some guys. But it's usually the ones armed mail armor. So I suppose it's due to the armor, on top of clothing, on top of the beef that gives the bigness. After all, these are elite dudes, profissional asskickers, with uppertorso potency.

Two questions;
-Is it possible to aid new factions to the game? I'm specifically interested in adding some Franks and Bretons.
-How hard would it be to add new settlements for existing factions? I kind of feel that Denmark, Norway and Frisia are under populated.

Nerevar said:
Hi guys!

I have a few questions:

1. I heard, that when you have a castle/town, you can get a random event, when you need to choose between building the library or the training grounds, or both if you have enough money. And that can give you a stat boost to int or str, or both. What are the conditions for this. I have my own town and kingdom for about 100+ game days, and still does not seen such event.
kalarhan said:
1. Own the place. Visit it from time to time, its a random chance when you enter the town (from worldmap). There are several events, so keep playing and eventually you will see the one you want.

Still the same for 200+ days. Maybe someone know the direct requirements for this event to occur?

ElderDays said:
Two questions;
-Is it possible to aid new factions to the game? I'm specifically interested in adding some Franks and Bretons.
-How hard would it be to add new settlements for existing factions? I kind of feel that Denmark, Norway and Frisia are under populated.

erennuman_mb said:
erennuman_mb said:
-Visit the Mount & Blade Mod Makers Q&A Thread or Q&A: Modding VC if you want to ask about adding stuff into the game.

How hard> depends on your modding skill and experience. 8 to 120 hours (new factions + new centers + making sure it works with AI + editing world map)

Nerevar said:
Still the same for 200+ days. Maybe someone know the direct requirements for this event to occur?
You have the answer, but you can double check by downloading the game code. Its is available on the mod section.

So I need help with a graphical bug/glitch. On occasion (has not happened in a while) it does a thing where it freaks out and everything looks like it is being smeared and scratched. But it has not been doing that in a while so yay. But my issue now is that there is a graphical "Line" that appears whenever I use the WASD keys, in both battle and map. I know there should be a solution and I DO KNOW that there almost certainly have been threads made with a solution. But my issue is I need one because I do not know what wording to use to describe my issue. Any help appreciated :smile:

P.S. I already tested with other modules and same issue with the graphical "line", its just a thin line running across the screen where the graphics are trippy. Also in regards to the older issue of the graphics freaking out it used to happen alot but would go away if I tweaked HDR settings, does anyone know why this is?

Back
Top Bottom