Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I've started the penwork. Bloody long names those. I find it amazing the age of nowadays towns. Cantawarabourh, Dorce Ceaster, Dubh Lihn, awesome.

Double question: what's the benefit of being liked by a mayor?  and what's the benefit of being liked by towns and forts?

apostrophe said:
Double question: what's the benefit of being liked by a mayor?  and what's the benefit of being liked by towns and forts?
They'll give you more troops upon recruitment. They must have other effects I don't know though.

Which are the modifiers for the avatar campaign movement speed?
Is it my character emcumbrance? Is it the Athletics skill? Is it the emcumbrance of all my troops?

I'm curious about this. I was flying Scotland wearing my pictish painting and 11 companions, about 10.1 in speed. Do you guys know all aspects that influence this?

apostrophe said:
Which are the modifiers for the avatar campaign movement speed?
Is it my character emcumbrance? Is it the Athletics skill? Is it the emcumbrance of all my troops?

I'm curious about this. I was flying Scotland wearing my pictish painting and 11 companions, about 10.1 in speed. Do you guys know all aspects that influence this?
Path-finding skill of you and your companions, army size, number of horses in inventory, number of soldiers on foot and on horse.

I think horses stored in yout inventory slows you down slightly, but they help negate the penalty for carrying lots of weight (which also affects map travel speed), so are generally a net gain.

Few questions about religion. Can lords be converted (how, if yes)? Is there a way to turn church into hof or at least get rid of it?
Also, do lords convert their settlements to their religion? I want to convert entire world, but thoughts about assigning every single village to myself hurt my brain.

If you're christian, and ask the abbot (for a mere 300 peningas) on how to convert peoples, he says you can build churches to spread religion. But I suppose you must reign over the place to allow it.
Also, those 1000 peningas donation to hall bishops, don't they spread the faith? or only your reputation?

apostrophe said:
If you're christian, and ask the abbot (for a mere 300 peningas) on how to convert peoples, he says you can build churches to spread religion. But I suppose you must reign over the place to allow it.
Yeah, I'm aware of it. The question is how to convert dozens of settlements and/or how to delegate it to my vassals.
Also, those 1000 peningas donation to hall bishops, don't they spread the faith?
Haven't noticed anything like this, but I don't know much about VC mechanics.

Immagine.png
How can I order this?

Harkiter said:
Immagine.png
How can I order this?

Talk to the leader of a village you own, I think.

Remorr said:
Yeah, I'm aware of it. The question is how to convert dozens of settlements and/or how to delegate it to my vassals.

I don't think there is a way currently. The game broadly follows the historical trend of Christianity taking over (though this sin't the thread to discuss that), and the player has a tough time fighting against this.

I think a trigger to run through settlements and move their religious score in the direction of their owned culture/lord (though lords can also convert of their own will) wouldnt be too difficult to create if you're up for modding it.

kraggrim said:
I don't think there is a way currently. The game broadly follows the historical trend of Christianity taking over (though this sin't the thread to discuss that), and the player has a tough time fighting against this.
Ah, so lords can convert. Do you know what triggers them to do so, by any chance?
I think a trigger to run through settlements and move their religious score in the direction of their owned culture/lord (though lords can also convert of their own will) wouldnt be too difficult to create if you're up for modding it.
I've tried modding M&B once and that was awful unfortunately.

I think lords convert by a small random chance influenced by the religion of the other lords in their faction. So if you slowly introduced christian lords into a faction with primarily pagan lords then hopefully they would convert eventually. But there's also a small chance they'll turn your pagans into christians. Not looked at the code but I believe that's how it works.

kraggrim said:
I think lords convert by a small random chance influenced by the religion of the other lords in their faction. So if you slowly introduced christian lords into a faction with primarily pagan lords then hopefully they would convert eventually. But there's also a small chance they'll turn your pagans into christians. Not looked at the code but I believe that's how it works.
Not really convenient, but still a way. Much obliged.

Quick Question: How do I get my slaves to work at the stone quarry? Do I have to intimidate the guy? If so how? He says the laws of the land protect him, and Idon't know who controls the laws of that quarry because it's not clear which lord controls it.

lacter543 said:
Quick Question: How do I get my slaves to work at the stone quarry? Do I have to intimidate the guy? If so how? He says the laws of the land protect him, and Idon't know who controls the laws of that quarry because it's not clear which lord controls it.
You can't. That option is for rp only.

Back
Top Bottom