• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

NikeMan810

Recruit
erennuman_mb said:
There's a line in module.ini, probably something like battle_size. Look for it.
I want to spawn in battle no more than 100 bots. I want to fight 50 vs 50. Is this possible in the sandbox? Editing module.ini does not work (battle_size_min/max = 100 does not work). Help! =(
 

redsimon

Veteran
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Yabloko said:
What's the best kind of melee cavalry?
That would probably be either foreign Mercenaries or Companions who are good in melee on horse.
I have encountered Frankish Riders in the game, and they served me good. However they are all dead now (but that's because I didn't use them properly) and of course expensive in upkeep.

I have to say though cavalry in VC in general is not that good. It's expensive and quickly surrounded and killed by infantry, and the horse is a nice big target for ranged weapons.
You should only have a small unit of cavalry to kill enemies that flee.
 

Yabloko

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
redsimon said:
Yabloko said:
What's the best kind of melee cavalry?
That would probably be either foreign Mercenaries or Companions who are good in melee on horse.
I have encountered Frankish Riders in the game, and they served me good. However they are all dead now (but that's because I didn't use them properly) and of course expensive in upkeep.

I have to say though cavalry in VC in general is not that good. It's expensive and quickly surrounded and killed by infantry, and the horse is a nice big target for ranged weapons.
You should only have a small unit of cavalry to kill enemies that flee.

Thank you. I already have lots of infantry and spearmen, so I was looking to get some good cavalrymen to have a complete army. Frisian horsemen have been doing a good job for me, but I wanted something better.
 

redsimon

Veteran
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
clock4orange said:
the best cavalery are Old Captains, but it's take a lot of time to collect them, next i think are Irish Skimmishers...
I don't know if the Frankish Horsemen are better or worse than Old Captains (I tried them too, but they are really expensive), but they are definitely better than Irish Skrimishers.
 

kraggrim

Marquis
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
He probably means Irish Bodyguards, they're roughly the same as Frank Horsemen. Maybe a bit worse. I think they have more javelins but worse leg-amour.
 

Lemble

Sergeant
Guys when I fight in tournaments/arena, train peasants, try to sneak inside towns etc. the skill points are still deteriorate (when i have heavy equipment) or should I remove the equipment?

Also when I drop the Standard or the Horn on the ground, the morale bonus is still applied or no?
 

Ivan Khan

Knight
WBVC
Yabloko said:
redsimon said:
Yabloko said:
What's the best kind of melee cavalry?
That would probably be either foreign Mercenaries or Companions who are good in melee on horse.
I have encountered Frankish Riders in the game, and they served me good. However they are all dead now (but that's because I didn't use them properly) and of course expensive in upkeep.

I have to say though cavalry in VC in general is not that good. It's expensive and quickly surrounded and killed by infantry, and the horse is a nice big target for ranged weapons.
You should only have a small unit of cavalry to kill enemies that flee.

Thank you. I already have lots of infantry and spearmen, so I was looking to get some good cavalrymen to have a complete army. Frisian horsemen have been doing a good job for me, but I wanted something better.


Frank Horsemen, Irish Bodyguards, Pictish Nobles, and Old Captains are all the best cavalry you can field. Each has its advantage, none is real best.

All the cavalry in VC must be used appropriately. All will die in droves if you try and use them as shock troops into a shield wall. The above are all heavy enough to charge into the flank or rear of an engaged shield wall. Though even then it is best to pull them back out fairly quickly.

As for the lesser cavalry and skirmish cavalry both as well can be very useful. The Irish and Pict light cavalry can be useful by deploying them on the left and disrupting your enemy with javelin fire. And, when the enemy breaks they are as good at running them down as any cavalry. You can even use them to charge into flanks and rears, though make sure your enemy is a little closer to breaking and pull them out quicker.

As for your Frisian Cavalry, you could easily go through the whole game using no other.




 

janjanxtreme

Sergeant
Hi guys!

I have a problem with a town quest... a mayor quest to be more specific.

So the quest is :  Bring 4 loads of stone to Dorestad

I went to the stone quarry to buy 4 stones....

I went back to the mayor but there is no completion....

Only 2 options which are 1.) What if I can't finish it?  2.) I'm still working on it.

help plsss
 

raider969

Squire
WBWF&SNWVC
Hi, I'm think buying this expansion pack. The place I'm buying from is Humble Bundle, which offers the game as a Steam Key, even though I don't have Warband on Steam. Will the Key work for a non steam version of Warband?
 

erennuman_mb

Grandmaster Knight
WF&SWBNWVC
raider969 said:
Hi, I'm think buying this expansion pack. The place I'm buying from is Humble Bundle, which offers the game as a Steam Key, even though I don't have Warband on Steam. Will the Key work for a non steam version of Warband?
Don't buy the game from there, you can buy from Steam, www.taleworlds.com or GOG.
 

kraggrim

Marquis
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
janjanxtreme said:
Hi guys!

I have a problem with a town quest... a mayor quest to be more specific.

So the quest is :  Bring 4 loads of stone to Dorestad

I went to the stone quarry to buy 4 stones....

I went back to the mayor but there is no completion....

Only 2 options which are 1.) What if I can't finish it?  2.) I'm still working on it.

help plsss

Is it maybe soapstone that you have or that he needs?
 

raider969

Squire
WBWF&SNWVC
erennuman_mb said:
Don't buy the game from there, you can buy from Steam, www.taleworlds.com or GOG.

First time buying anything from Humble Bundle. Is there something wrong with that store? Right now Humble Bundle has the game on discount. I'm just not sure whether the key will work.
 

kraggrim

Marquis
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
raider969 said:
erennuman_mb said:
Don't buy the game from there, you can buy from Steam, www.taleworlds.com or GOG.

First time buying anything from Humble Bundle. Is there something wrong with that store? Right now Humble Bundle has the game on discount. I'm just not sure whether the key will work.

I know I was able to use a steam key to verify non-steam warband and VC. Apparently others have had problems so there's still a risk.

Have you tried to activate Warband on steam with your existing key? I'd heard that can work but might be bull****.
 

raider969

Squire
WBWF&SNWVC
kraggrim said:
I know I was able to use a steam key to verify non-steam warband and VC. Apparently others have had problems so there's still a risk.

Have you tried to activate Warband on steam with your existing key? I'd heard that can work but might be bull****.

Wow, I didn't know the keys were interchangeable. Once I entered my Warband key into Steam, the game appeared in my games tab. I guess the opposite would be true too when entering steam keys into non-steam Warband. The worst case scenario is for me re-download Warband on Steam. Thanks for your help!
 

janjanxtreme

Sergeant
kraggrim said:
janjanxtreme said:
Hi guys!

I have a problem with a town quest... a mayor quest to be more specific.

So the quest is :  Bring 4 loads of stone to Dorestad

I went to the stone quarry to buy 4 stones....

I went back to the mayor but there is no completion....

Only 2 options which are 1.) What if I can't finish it?  2.) I'm still working on it.

help plsss

Is it maybe soapstone that you have or that he needs?

nope.. he needed stones... and I completed the quest.
Guess what I had on my inventory? 3 stones and 1 iron. fck they look the samee. Silly me XD
 

kraggrim

Marquis
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
janjanxtreme said:
nope.. he needed stones... and I completed the quest.
Guess what I had on my inventory? 3 stones and 1 iron. fck they look the samee. Silly me XD

Lol happened to me too, but I misremembered it as a soapstone problem.
 

stevehoos

Banned
I swear something is bugged with looting quality armors. In this new sandbox I am 250 + days in with a 9 in looting rating and I have only looted 1 high quality armor out of 100 + battles against huge viking parties. In my last game, I had instances where I looted 2 in one battle. Something is bugged with my current campaign in this regard, I can't attain any quality armor no matter what party I fight. 


updated: it's bugged, there is no question. I have fought Viking parties of 50+ 15 times in a row without ever getting a single quality armor. There's no way the looting % is this low.
 
Top Bottom