Quick question about sieging with allies

Users who are viewing this thread

original

Knight
Hey folks,

In the past if you asked a Lord to follow you, and you sieged a town or castle, he wouldn't follow you into it.

Just now when I tried to test it, it "felt" like Lords can now join you in sieges. But I couldn't test it because the Lord I asked to follow moved away due to taking too long.

Can Lords now join you in your siege assaults?

I think it works like battles, where all Lords around you join in, as I've just besieged a castle and the Lord I was with did lend a helping hand.

Big_Mac said:
I think it works like battles, where all Lords around you join in, as I've just besieged a castle and the Lord I was with did lend a helping hand.

For the longest time I thought Lords would not join you. Was this in the patch notes? How could I possibly know they changed this?

If they get disrtacted, starts to chase bandits etc. they wont join you even if they are right on top of the castle. They need to be waiting with you at the siege.

its easier to wait till a allied lord start a siege because you can convince him to start the assault

it doesn't answer your question but its a alternative solution for cooperative sieges

they can join your seiges/battles IF their within a certain distance so If you have your king and a few other counts, or whatever you have, near you when you start a battle they will probobly all join unless there's no room. If you ask someone to follow you and you start a seige and, by the time you've built a tower or ladders, he's still there he'll fight with you.

I still can't figure out how to get allies to help out in sieges that you start. I am not at the relations stage where I can order lords around. So I suggest to them that castle X is easy to take and tell them to head over there. I get there first to start the siege (so I can claim it as a reward after), and the lords arrive after. When the siege start, none of the same faction lords' troops spawn with mine, even after I have exhausted my troops after several retreats. On the map, the same faction lords are right there beside the castle I am trying to siege, but they do -nothing-. Same faction lords will always automatically join me in field battles if they are in close vicinity on the map but never in sieges.

ripple said:
I still can't figure out how to get allies to help out in sieges that you start. I am not at the relations stage where I can order lords around. So I suggest to them that castle X is easy to take and tell them to head over there. I get there first to start the siege (so I can claim it as a reward after), and the lords arrive after. When the siege start, none of the same faction lords' troops spawn with mine, even after I have exhausted my troops after several retreats. On the map, the same faction lords are right there beside the castle I am trying to siege, but they do -nothing-. Same faction lords will always automatically join me in field battles if they are in close vicinity on the map but never in sieges.

We need to clarify what this is about:

a) Besieging and assaulting a castle by yourself and expecting allied lords in the vicinity to join your battle (as in field battles)

b) Telling lords to besiege a city, and expecting all nearby lords to partake in the assault (i.e. you aren't the original besieger)

In the second case, it seems to me to work fine; but the trouble is the player can usually build siege equipment faster.

I've never seen the first case work, but OTOH I'm still on an older version and I think I'd seen something about this being changed/fixed in one of the recent patches. Not sure though.

tyrannicide said:
We need to clarify what this is about:

a) Besieging and assaulting a castle by yourself and expecting allied lords in the vicinity to join your battle (as in field battles)

b) Telling lords to besiege a city, and expecting all nearby lords to partake in the assault (i.e. you aren't the original besieger)

In the second case, it seems to me to work fine; but the trouble is the player can usually build siege equipment faster.

I've never seen the first case work, but OTOH I'm still on an older version and I think I'd seen something about this being changed/fixed in one of the recent patches. Not sure though.

The second one works fine. If I tell a lord that castle X is easy, they agree, and get there first to start the siege. In this case we have to wait for them to finish building siege equipments and start the assault before we can join. The first case is the one that I can't get anyone to join a siege that I start, even if they are following me and has not wandered off as a result of boredom. I've only tried this in 1.127.

This bug report from 20100416 and related thread here state that allied lords do not help out in a player-initiated siege unless you are the marshal.

But then in this bug report from 20100417, one of the devs writes:
"Any lords nearby do not join sieges if player is not marshal."

I think this part is designed with above rule in order to prevent "parties which are close to player but not following him" joining sieges but there is no problem for following ones to join sieges with player even player is not marshal.

I spoke this with Armagan and Cem and we decided to change this part so after now these parties which previously accepted following player will be able to join sieges when player initiate a siege. But I added a new condition to "follow me" thing. Now if lords do not like player and if player is not marshal or leader now they will not accept following player even player's renown is very high compared to that lord.

I think all these will make some sense. So after now you won't see lords following you but not joining battles/sieges because relationship thing.

Bug is marked as fixed.

I see, so lords should not even joined me in the first place (I am not the faction marshal)? Hm...so versions 1.130+ are fixed, not versions prior to this. Ok then, thanks for the linkies.

ripple said:
I see, so lords should not even joined me in the first place (I am not the faction marshal)? Hm...so versions 1.130+ are fixed, not versions prior to this. Ok then, thanks for the linkies.

How do you get that it's fixed only in 1.130+? Mexxico's comment I quoted was from April 30th and told to "wait for the next patch". The first patch after April 30th would have been 1.123. At least according to this page.
:?:

Eh, sorry, I could not access the bug tracker and just interpreted your reply as such. But then that means it's not fixed, because if I understand correctly, "if lords do not like player and if player is not marshal or leader" then they will not follow the player. The lord who was following me (relations was around 20) and who did not join me in the siege should not have followed me to begin with, no?

ripple said:
Eh, sorry, I could not access the bug tracker and just interpreted your reply as such. But then that means it's not fixed, because if I understand correctly, "if lords do not like player and if player is not marshal or leader" then they will not follow the player. The lord who was following me (relations was around 20) and who did not join me in the siege should not have followed me to begin with, no?

Indeed, that is also how I understand it.

Back
Top Bottom