Queue System

What should people in queue see

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

There is no reason for us to see what the estimated wait time is as it is completely misleading and incorrect 99% of the time. If TaleWorlds wants to encourage people to play more, I highly suggest reverting it back to the old system of viewing how many are in queue.

For example: I have been in queue for the last 40:17, my estimated wait time is "8:21". This is wrong. We all know that the E.W.T. is never accurate. If I could see that only two people or three people are queued, or that I'm in Queue by myself, it would save me from misconception that I just MIGHT get into a game if I keep waiting a little longer.

Hopefully you all decide to change this useless feature.

Then a game ends and the queue fills up, but you have already left because you were alone in the queue. I am not sure how it estimates the time currently (which I agree is not very accurate, I've been in your position) but the previous functionality also had its problems.

It's a bit out of my area of expertise so I do not have something to propose. If someone has taken a look into how it currently works he may shade some light here.

I can't see why we can't have both. When there was a player count you could tell if you needed to switch to a different region to find a game(especially with the separation of NA east and west). I understand that Taleworlds doesn't want people to leave when they see an empty queue, but waiting 40+ minutes with no idea if there is anyone else out there is far more demoralizing. Maybe when there's a higher player base removing player count would be a good idea, but right now, its just another blow to the already dwindling multiplayer community.

I am not sure how it estimates the time currently
If it takes into account ongoing games I would say the new system is an improvement. However I have no idea how the countdown works. Knowing TW its probably rng though.
Kinda a non problem tbh they got bigger things to address
Considering me and many others have spent dozens of hours of our life in that queue just to have a 3v3 id say it matters somewhat
(They are not going to address any real problems anyways!)

Estimated wait time is better in my opinion, because it doesn't show reality how few people actually play matchmaking games. It might turn off people when they see three players searching in their criteria.

But yea they must figure out more truthful estimated waiting time.

Considering me and many others have spent dozens of hours of our life in that queue just to have a 3v3 id say it matters somewhat
(They are not going to address any real problems anyways!)
Stuck in 3v3 is the bigger issue as they have stated plus a dead game and crashing servers I’d say take priority over some numbers on a queuing screen

Stuck in 3v3 is the bigger issue as they have stated plus a dead game and crashing servers I’d say take priority over some numbers on a queuing screen
We can talk all day about where their priorities should be at but in reality they are going to spend 90% of their manpower over the next two weeks getting dog textures ready for full release.

I can't see why we can't have both. When there was a player count you could tell if you needed to switch to a different region to find a game(especially with the separation of NA east and west). I understand that Taleworlds doesn't want people to leave when they see an empty queue, but waiting 40+ minutes with no idea if there is anyone else out there is far more demoralizing. Maybe when there's a higher player base removing player count would be a good idea, but right now, its just another blow to the already dwindling multiplayer community.
Yeah they could add how many people at the top and the estimated wait time at the bottom, seems like an easy medium.

Back
Top Bottom