Quests

Users who are viewing this thread

Right now while playing bannerlord I don't do quests. As a lord I don't like going to random village and asking for a quest.

What bothers me about the quests and what I wanna discuss is how quest are presented to the players. Currently quest are most acquired by asking for it. There are no 'event' quests. (warband had few of them, drunken man and assassination events but they were so few it was repetitive) This might be a sandbox game but having events that isn't forced on players even if that player never does those quests makes the world more alive and immersive.

Take rdr 2 for example. When you ride peacefully you can see a random woman with random event, sure you can just ignore that but, as someone who doesn't fetch quests in games, I participated on most of those quests.

Let me give you an example of those quest in bannerlord:

When entering a city or castle with low honor and low relationship, you could be assassinated by low honor enemies, and depending on your intelligence you could even find out who is responsible. And duel with him.

With low relationship you could be challenged in a duel that could result in:
- Killing opposing lord which results in loss of relation but not loss in honor because that was your right.
- Winning the duel and sparing his life, which results in both honor and relationship gain.
- defeat bıt not losing life, which result in heavy loss of renown
- your death

Seeing a beggar old veteran or random person in map or town with some request of his own. This quest could be shaped into anything.

After defeating an enemy lord and he escapes, there could be a hint of where he could be. (In x village) and in there he could be waiting for you with a few bodyguards.

After a big battle one of the high rank soldiers might promote to be a companion with a short quest.

Finding a relic of past in map randomly, which could lead to new special swords or armors.

Tavern fights (could result in different ways)

Hunts (could be triggered when low on food)

There could be wuest that triggers when you have a lot of money, when you have no money.

There could be a quest if you have many children

Seeing a strange scene like herd of cow dead in, middle of nowhere. (these could be triggered when walking at the same route with big enemy army)

Its really limitless eventhough Im not good at creating quest out of nowhere i think there are some material to work with. I think you could find really interesting events which creates really interesting situations.

Yeah not having enough quests is what bothers me the most. One could expect that they would add a million more quests due to Warband being criticized for being boring and repetitive, the main solution would be adding random quests which a lot of mods added themselves, also being a Lord should trigger quests given by your peasents like taking care of a group of bandits that are razing your land etc, etc

Yeah not having enough quests is what bothers me the most. One could expect that they would add a million more quests due to Warband being criticized for being boring and repetitive, the main solution would be adding random quests which a lot of mods added themselves, also being a Lord should trigger quests given by your peasents like taking care of a group of bandits that are razing your land etc, etc

This and the lack of anything to do in towns and castles were big issues. I was hoping that walking in towns could trigger events or have interesting interactions with people who might tell you where to look for a lost treasure or something similar. The game needs ideas like this.

True this game being a sandbox doesn't mean nothing happens in that world which fprces you on a quest.

Take rdr 2 for example. When you ride peacefully you can see a random woman with random event, sure you can just ignore that but, as someone who doesn't fetch quests in games, I participated on most of those quests.

Yes, stuff like this makes RDR 2 an awesome game. But we are talking about Bannerlord. Best we can get are some bug fixes :smile:

I don't do many quests at this point in my campaign, but I did see one where a noble wanted to have a location scouted. I was told I didn't have the desired scouting level; which was probably true but I did have a 'wanderer' npc in my army as a scout. Is there a way for the code to recognize your npc's as well?

I agree!!!
I would love to see the outlaws a bit more alive, dunno, picking fights with you, rob you, interfere with your treasure hunting (great idea!)...
Or yeah, like in RDR2 (shame on them btw), it would be cool to see a party in need of help, villagers with a sick person who need help, beggars etc....
It's indeed the little things that make a world alive....

Wrote a request for this in Feedback Day 1 -that being let there be Live Action in the town/village/castle scenes. The fact that the Drunken Brawl exists -fights in a scene with civilians arounds proves it can be done. Let enemy Lords or their men follow you in town -that would keep you on your toes "Is that guy following me?", let guards follow and possibly attack you when you are just barging around peoples bedrooms in castles. Theres a million ways to go with this and it would breath so much fresh air into the dull scenes

Back
Top Bottom