Quests: How to make quest description appear in parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First things first, I am an unexperienced modder.

Now , to the point.

I want to know how I can make my quest text appear in parts in the quest description in Notes.

For example, there are 2 phrases. "do some stuff" and "do some other stuff",

and a  quest is named "Doing stuff".

I want "do some stuff" to appear when the quest starts and then "do some other stuff" to appear whilist the quest is active but after an encounter for example.

Any help?

Code:
quest_set_note_available        = 1098 # (quest_set_note_available, <quest_id>, <value>), #1 = available, 0 = not available
                                       # Enables (value = 1) or disables (value = 0) quest's page in the Notes / Characters section.
add_quest_note_tableau_mesh     = 1111 # (add_quest_note_tableau_mesh, <quest_id>, <tableau_material_id>),
                                       # Adds graphical elements to the quest's information page (not used in Native).
add_quest_note_from_dialog      = 1112 # (add_quest_note_from_dialog, <quest_id>, <note_slot_no>, <expires_with_time>),
                                       # Adds current dialog text to quest notes. Each quest has 16 note slots. Last parameter is used to mark the note as time-dependent, if it's value is 1, then the note will be marked ("Report is current") and will be updated appropriately as the game progresses ("Report is X days old").
add_quest_note_from_sreg        = 1113 # (add_quest_note_from_sreg, <quest_id>, <note_slot_no>, <string_id>, <expires_with_time>),
                                       # Adds any text stored in string register to quest notes. Each quest has 16 note slots. Last parameter is used to mark the note as time-dependent, if it's value is 1, then the note will be marked ("Report is current") and will be updated appropriately as the game progresses ("Report is X days old").

kalarhan said:
Code:
quest_set_note_available        = 1098 # (quest_set_note_available, <quest_id>, <value>), #1 = available, 0 = not available
                                       # Enables (value = 1) or disables (value = 0) quest's page in the Notes / Characters section.
add_quest_note_tableau_mesh     = 1111 # (add_quest_note_tableau_mesh, <quest_id>, <tableau_material_id>),
                                       # Adds graphical elements to the quest's information page (not used in Native).
add_quest_note_from_dialog      = 1112 # (add_quest_note_from_dialog, <quest_id>, <note_slot_no>, <expires_with_time>),
                                       # Adds current dialog text to quest notes. Each quest has 16 note slots. Last parameter is used to mark the note as time-dependent, if it's value is 1, then the note will be marked ("Report is current") and will be updated appropriately as the game progresses ("Report is X days old").
add_quest_note_from_sreg        = 1113 # (add_quest_note_from_sreg, <quest_id>, <note_slot_no>, <string_id>, <expires_with_time>),
                                       # Adds any text stored in string register to quest notes. Each quest has 16 note slots. Last parameter is used to mark the note as time-dependent, if it's value is 1, then the note will be marked ("Report is current") and will be updated appropriately as the game progresses ("Report is X days old").

Working like clockwork now. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom