Quests are boring

Users who are viewing this thread

Nah, enough of this BS, what this game needs is Sex scenes for the wife! C'mon guys, modders, get on it!

The challenge comes from your nobles declaring war on everyone at the same time. It's not a real challenge per se but it sure is annoying. It's just playing whack a mole.
True. I loved the Marshall role in Warband because I could fire them if they messed up.
I'd love for Bannerlord to also have a Marshall role which would be tied into the character traits of the appointed one.

Want an aggressive stance? Pick a Marshall that has those traits.
Want to fight a honourable war? Pick a Marshall with high Honor.
Want to fight cunningly and snipe caravans, imprison or assassinate enemy lords? Pick a devious or cunning Marshall.

It would add a layer of depth to the traits, make them more useful and also provide some sort of diplomacy for you in the late game stage.

I like the influence system, on the one hand, but on the other I just want more control over who to fight and who to make peace with, without spending 5K influence every couple of days just to stop my lords making a dumb decision going to war with 5 kingdoms at a time.

Would not be easy to implement marshalls back into the game? I mean, army mechanic is already there so a king will grant the permission to 1-5 lords to form armies. Also, some kind of controversy mechanic also should be in the game. Even if you have enough influence, npcs lord should be able to say "hey this marshall is doing nothing or making bad decisions, I will abandon the army" after certain threshold.

True. I loved the Marshall role in Warband because I could fire them if they messed up.
I'd love for Bannerlord to also have a Marshall role which would be tied into the character traits of the appointed one.

Want an aggressive stance? Pick a Marshall that has those traits.
Want to fight a honourable war? Pick a Marshall with high Honor.
Want to fight cunningly and snipe caravans, imprison or assassinate enemy lords? Pick a devious or cunning Marshall.

It would add a layer of depth to the traits, make them more useful and also provide some sort of diplomacy for you in the late game stage.

I like the influence system, on the one hand, but on the other I just want more control over who to fight and who to make peace with, without spending 5K influence every couple of days just to stop my lords making a dumb decision going to war with 5 kingdoms at a time.

AI shouldn't be making that dumb decision anyway. I think Devs should just admit they stuffed up the code on this and fix it. Regarding a single marshal, I think the boat has sailed on this because of the army system but no reason why we can't have trait based decisions.
Would not be easy to implement marshalls back into the game? I mean, army mechanic is already there so a king will grant the permission to 1-5 lords to form armies. Also, some kind of controversy mechanic also should be in the game. Even if you have enough influence, npcs lord should be able to say "hey this marshall is doing nothing or making bad decisions, I will abandon the army" after certain threshold.

I like the controversy mechanic. Don't think they'll add the permission thing. Adds very little value at this point.

It's a shame bloc(?) isn't part of the development team. He's show casing a lot of what would make BL a fantastic game. I was just playing pathfinder kingmaker and the part where the citizenry and guards bowed to your character was just the kind of attention to detail that distinguishes great developers.

I prefer the army system it just needs to be "fixed". Improve the AI and give the player more control. Stances are still useless, not even sure if they do anything at all, I don´t see any difference between defensive and aggresive. The AI behaves suicidal on all options, it´s not possible to tell the AI to just defend the own kingdom, they´ll always do some stupid stuff.

And for gods sake give us at least the option to forbid our parties to join armies.

I prefer the army system it just needs to be "fixed". Improve the AI and give the player more control. Stances are still useless, not even sure if they do anything at all, I don´t see any difference between defensive and aggresive. The AI behaves suicidal on all options, it´s not possible to tell the AI to just defend the own kingdom, they´ll always do some stupid stuff.

And for gods sake give us at least the option to forbid our parties to join armies.
I would like to have a bit of both, like having maybe 2 or 3 'marshals' at a time, instead of every lord creating random armies, just feels unorganised

I would like to have a bit of both, like having maybe 2 or 3 'marshals' at a time, instead of every lord creating random armies, just feels unorganised
Yeah, would be nice if, when a war is declared, a marshal is appointed officially for that war; and if another faction declares war, then another is appointed for that aggression (which I think it sorta currently has but is based on some other underlying factors).

Yeah, would be nice if, when a war is declared, a marshal is appointed officially for that war; and if another faction declares war, then another is appointed for that aggression (which I think it sorta currently has but is based on some other underlying factors).
Yea something like that, and every lord can vote for any lords, and we can see their traits, like aggressive, honorable etc. This can create tactics as to which marshal would suit for specific reasons. The other thing is, I feel like the rulers aren't playing a big part to the campaign, would be nice if marshals would receive orders to complete certain tasks, like defend this area, or attack around that area etc. of course depending on the circumstance of the war

That would be great!

And if the marshal is devious/cunning fighting against a honorable marshal he gets a tactic bonus, a negative bonus if its the other way around ofcourse.
Or if he's the same culture he will get a tactics bonus (for knowing their troops/strats) but also a decrease of 5 relationshippoints with the king for making him fight his own people.

You, as king, will then have to carefully recruit a diverse range of lords into your faction for knowing who/when to fight a certain enemy.

The above are examples ofcourse, hypothetical ways to integrate the influence, traits and relationshippoints into a marshal system.

Yeah they do but it costs them dearly when they overrule.
Definitely
That would be great!

And if the marshal is devious/cunning fighting against a honorable marshal he gets a tactic bonus, a negative bonus if its the other way around ofcourse.
Or if he's the same culture he will get a tactics bonus (for knowing their troops/strats) but also a decrease of 5 relationshippoints with the king for making him fight his own people.

You, as king, will then have to carefully recruit a diverse range of lords into your faction for knowing who/when to fight a certain enemy.

The above are examples ofcourse, hypothetical ways to integrate the influence, traits and relationshippoints into a marshal system.
That could be interesting

That would be great!

I was just thinking on a more basic term (the above would be great but most likely 'too complicated' for TW to implement), even if you're not the king, jsut to know which marshal (and clan) to assist if you want to help attack/defend against a certain region/'front' of the kingdom's war.
Or just a simple 'attack' marshal and a 'defense' one, as (though subject to balance/bug patches) I'm tired of joining armies that keep rubberbanding or have seemingly no 'purpose' before disbanding and repeating all over.

I was just thinking on a more basic term (the above would be great but most likely 'too complicated' for TW to implement), even if you're not the king, jsut to know which marshal (and clan) to assist if you want to help attack/defend against a certain region/'front' of the kingdom's war.
Or just a simple 'attack' marshal and a 'defense' one, as (though subject to balance/bug patches) I'm tired of joining armies that keep rubberbanding or have seemingly no 'purpose' before disbanding and repeating all over.

Agreed. Armies are just influence pits for clans that accumulated so much influence that they can't do anything else with.

But having so many big armies around just cheapens the experience of fighting one. The feeling of awe which should come from these big battles is completely lost.

The marshal idea in either complexity would be great. Any sort of marshal would be welcomed. But hopefully they'd also find a meaningful way of adding in traits and personalities. Because as much as I like the traits and personalities, they do not feel fully integrated / optimized right now.

Back
Top Bottom