Quests are a nice way to gain a Wanderer Companion

Users who are viewing this thread

Just putting out this " message from the heart " to the Devs.

The " Wants His Daughter Found " quest was a really nice ( the best ! ) way to pick up a Companion, prior to the recent patch. You find her, she turns out to be a .......um......... beautiful redhead, and with talent ( eg Engineer ), then you get to talking, and you end up recruiting her ......... Immersion.
Sure, it was ripe for save scumming, for her RNG looks, and skills, but really this is the player's prerogative, same as with winning battles, tournaments, courtship, and everything else, re Quit Without Saving.
That such a little thing could generate so much interest and satisfaction re the freedom to hand pick one's Clan personnel from a ( potentially very ) wide pool, and in just a moment of game time - it was the exercise of Player Agency that was key.
Alas, the recent patch scotched this quest's recruiting denouement, as if the Devs were just killjoys ( what other explanation is there ? ).
The quest is now said to be " working as intended ".
Yet I feel that this quest might indeed have been conceived as a fun way to find a Companion, from its style. Maybe " The Prodigal Son ", and other " find someone " quests, as well. Why not ?
But now they are all reduced to banal simple fetch quests - why even bother ?
Potential Companions are now apparently only meant to be met by boring tavern trawling. Over and over.
( Art imitating Life ? At least, in my day ............ )

Please, please, Devs, put the spark back into the " Wants His Daughter Found " quest, and make this Banalord great again !

I agree

The great thing is there is also a quest to give the player a male companion. Family fued.

They should just let us hire them at any tavern, customize, name and start them with just the points toput where we want them. Like a build a bear for wanderers. Would be 100X better then anything else you could do with them.

They should just let us hire them at any tavern, customize, name and start them with just the points toput where we want them. Like a build a bear for wanderers. Would be 100X better then anything else you could do with them.
Well, yes, " Create your own Companions " would be the ultimate.
Just as per the player character creation ( echoes of Dragon's Dogma here ).
Companion building would indeed grab a lot of my BL time and interest, in a good way.
Brilliant.

The more I think about it, the easier it appears to be to implement ie the character building " pages " etc are are all there, ready to be used a second, third, fourth, etc, time over ........ compared to coding / writing / modelling etc their dozens of RNG " pop up " Wanderers in - game, with their more than 90 % " wastage ", would it not be in fact rational, and innovative ( " streamlining ", " load shedding " ), for TW to now just hand Companion creation over to the player ?

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more! So much so that I've purchased a physical copy of Bannerlord for the PS5 to let me start new games while offline in 1.7, recruit as many daughter wanderers as I want (completing the quest as quickly as possible so when they join your clan their attributes and focus points are still to be allocated and you can pick them, just like your brother at the start of the campaign) and then let the game update to the latest version. It's a pretty costly and extreme solution, but without access to mods it's the only one that I can think of.

So please devs, if you're still interested in improving this game and haven't more or less abandoned it for your next project, please consider adding in an option for player created companions, maybe at a tavern like Pillars of Eternity's mercenary system. After all, giving your players more choice and control is rarely a bad thing, and if you think it could be overpowered why not give customisable wanderers a lower number of starting attributes and focus points to balance things that way?

As a big Bannerlord fan, this is really important to me (hence purchasing another copy of the game and making a forum account just to reply to this post) so I really hope that a dev sees this and listens.

Back
Top Bottom