SP - Quests Quests and their impact on Settlements Security and Loyalty 1.5.6+ [Bring your lousy Problems forward, peasant]

Users who are viewing this thread

So i had the luck to instrantly gain Epicrotea as my first settlement. I played as a Vassal of Sturgia.
Over the span of about an hour i managed to get up to about 40 loyalty by doing quest nonestop.
After i thought i finally secured the City i went east for a 30 day trip to participate in the war against the Khuzait.
Just to get back to my city with now 10 Loyaltiy and 0 security. So in the management screen it was obvious why -5 Security which again pulls down loyalty dramaticly.
So i thought yeah just do those quest and easy peasy. WORNG !!!!
I did those "****ty" Quests(some of them really getting annoying after you did them to the 5th time ) for 1 1/2 hour straight and even with a companion helping me. Quests seem to pop up way to fast.
I think with this feature it is practically impossible to hold a city when it is a different culture and probably with any other city even if it´s your culture.

So what i am proposing is the following either drastically reduce thze aperance of quests so u as a player have somewhat of a chance to eliminate those quests.

Or what i would somewhat like way more, would be a an addition to the gouverner system. Here whenever villagers enter the town they have the oportunity to talk to a gouverner about their problems. Here assigned gouverners would take some of the garrison of the town to go on and resolve those issues in their zone that they control. Those "policing-force" would be like 50 units max and they don´t attack any other hostile units other than the quest related ones. Although this policing force should be able to be attacked.
While the gouverner is gone policing maybe the positive effects of the gouvernance should be halfed or reduced to one third of the start value.
But still in addition to this " bring your lousy problems forward, peasant" System the apperance of quests should be lowered so your gouverner spends like 25% of his time resolving issues and when ever there is a quest where a decision has to be made the gouverner, reacts in realtion to their traits( weighted random role) and maybe increase or decrease those, if they make a decision for or against this trait. So characters have a chance of changing themselfs.
In addition this resolved problems could add, apart from reputation with those "contractors", in realtion to the solved problem, a small plus modifier of loyalty or security or if failed a temporary negative one. Maybe some of thos decision provoke a mini rebelion where single villages need to be put back into the line by the player.

What do you guys think of this proposed System ?
Because as stated i think right now it is impossible to conquer foreign lands and more important some what hold them.

@edit added Version to Title

Last edited:
I did those "****ty" Quests(some of them really getting annoying after you did them to the 5th time ) for 1 1/2 hour straight and even with a companion helping me. Quests seem to pop up way to fast.

Them popping up fast must surely be a benefit - right? What if they didn't? There are nothing lost by not picking them up, right?

As I understund your suggestion is to give your Governor a questsolving submission?
I honestly think that is what a Steward/Governor does all day - solving minor issues to give the fief a chanse to grow.
I assume you mean bigger issues - like the ones offered to the player? It would be a quite OP feature if your governor "autosolved" all issues from notables he was skilled to do as Alternative solution. The player´s brother and many spouses are very skilled and could probably meet most of these requirements. There are already a chance to boost relation with noteables via the governor Stewardship skill.

But there are things I can think the owner of a city could do, to counter the rootcauses of dropping loyalty/security. Player can do this from fief-tab in clan management
  • The <10000 funds player can leave in fiefs for buildings can instead be used for other things instead
    • Importing food toggle(If YES - Subvent merchants to buy food above market-price and sell it cheaper - Visiting caravans make bigger profits on food and sells a bigger part - Adds 10% to all prices paid for food, consumes 300 daily from the funds)
    • Feading the poor toggle(If YES - Increases foodconsumption and Loyalty)
  • Patruls toggle - Criminal-hunting party is sent out when criminals are spotted(When YES -3 daily militas) 50 is a good partysize. 50% from militia, 50% randomly from garrison

Just a few things that would help.

Them popping up fast must surely be a benefit - right? What if they didn't? There are nothing lost by not picking them up, right?
yes there is something lost you loose 0.5 Security for each Quest that is open in a village, so up to -6 depending on how many Nobles are there.
In addition you loose 1 Security per open quest in a City. This could result in like -10 security per day which would just plumet your loyalty resulting in an instant rebellion.
So there is a real disadvantage to let them open

I really like the import food toogle idea.

You gotta put in a garrison and bring grain and fish to have a food supply and run the festivals and games. Put in governor of same culture or use brother if he has the +loyalty and security perks. The quest just give you -loy and sec until you do them but I don't think they boost it up, still you should do them if you can. There's a few I just wont do because they take too long. Also keep an eye on I think there's a couple that give +sec if you leave them be.

I did all of the suggested above i have 200 lvl 4 units as garrison(i even tried doubling this).1400 in wages vs. 1300 income from the Town+villages. I dumped littarly the all the food supplies of all the surrunding villages and 3 nearest Towns and Food is not the issue here. I married an Empire wife with the right perks and still,
if i would have managed to deal with this with the already available solutions i would not have made this thread.

Back
Top Bottom