Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

So I just hit 600 hours gameplay today. Still haven't done a solid playthrough cause I get bored when I begin to snowball the map. New mods are changing the gameplay for me and I have been getting back into things, but could still use some help!

Questions: ( Feel free to reply to one or all! )

Does difficulty do anything for the AI choices? Are there any good mods that change how the AI functions and decides what to do during battles?
Does the bandit perk that makes bandits 30% more likely to surrender work well?
I enjoy making Bandit Armies but it levels super slow after 50, how can I level it faster?
What are your playthrough ideas and stories?
What are some fun perks that work or builds?

Thank you in advance!

My favorite playthrough so far has been playing as a mountain bandit with a mix of bandits. I use one-handed weapons and I am very fast on foot. I usually keep around 20-40 units and raid villages for all my needs but mostly food and horses. I only take bandits as prisoners to recruit them, and travel light since I can never really enter any towns anyways. I try to stay in warzones to get lords off my tail if they decide to chase me, and avoid banditry of my culture. If there any great mods to enhance this playstyle, please let me know!

Does difficulty do anything for the AI choices?
I don't think so. I've never lowered the settings but I see the same dum behavior everyone else reports.

Does the bandit perk that makes bandits 30% more likely to surrender work well?
It works, however the +30% is of their existing surrender chance, not +30% out of nowhere, so you still need a powerful party and it's hard to tell how useful it is exactly. If you take high tier troops with say 1/5 open space for picking up bandits you'll get them pretty often with and without the perk.

I enjoy making Bandit Armies but it levels super slow after 50, how can I level it faster?
If you're on 1.5.9 beta you do prison breaks, do them in neutral fiefs and you won't even get locked up if fail, this will get you better amounts of roguery exp. There are some bugs though... hopefully they get fixed soon.

What are your playthrough ideas and stories?
I just go ?s out ? time on the AI and make super undefeatable party and secure a +income from taking fiefs ASAP...... then travel around hoarding more and more troops and breeding lots of babies forever and occasionally launching a blitz again a faction for more fiefs to put troops in. Ultimately I want to own everything and watch the AI parties keep fighting everywhere while my clan just chills...... but I tend to re-start the game after updates so.... hasn't got their yet.

What are some fun perks that work or builds?
If you don't mind being a vassal (to make armies) or are a ruler(not fun IMO) the Veteran's respect perk (make bandits into noble troops) and Leader of the masses perks are really good.
The 275+ scouting perk is really good, but scouting doesn't level as fast on 1.5.9
In general I like 5 endurance and 5 control to have 250 riding and 250 Bow, then build up Cunning to 10 over the long game, to make the most out of Uncanny insight. I also use the Long Glaive, but polearm skill isn't needed to use it.

Back
Top Bottom